Transiting in Zurich

Old Nov 4, 18, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Transiting in Zurich

I will be arriving from London and leaving for Nairobi and traveling in business class. On the return, I arrive from Dar es Salaam and connect to London. I do not have status and have just over an hour in each direction. My hunch is that I do not even have time to visit the lounges. We are only traveling with hand luggage.

When arriving from London, I presume that we do not need to go through passport control, but there is security to get to the E Dock gates if that is in fact from where the flights to Africa depart. On the return, I presume that we need to go through customs/immigration before switching terminals and heading to London.

Any one with knowledge for what the process is? Presuming that there is no time for lounges but if the flight from Dar es Salaam into Zurich were to get in early as some flights do, which business lounge would you visit?
Old Nov 4, 18, 2:18 pm

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Security checks both ways but no passport control. Your flight to NBO will départ from E in all likelihood, which means the E lounges. On the way back, flights to LON usually depart from D, where there is a lounge as well if you have a bit of spare time: https://www.swiss.com/us/EN/fly/airp...h#t-page=pane3
Old Nov 5, 18, 7:02 am

Programs: LXFF
If everything is on time and goes well you will have time for a quick drink/coffee in the lounge.

Search this Thread