Renovation LX lounges in GVA

Old Oct 17, 18, 9:19 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GVA
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 478
Renovation LX lounges in GVA

Received the message below by email from LX today. Any insight on the plans for the 'new lounges' and the timeline when the renovation of the SEN and HON/F lounge will start? Maybe the location of the SEN and HON/F lounge will be swapped given how crowded the SEN lounge usually is.

Dear Mr. Viennafly,
The SWISS Lounges in Geneva will undergo renovation from the end of October until December 2018. They will remain closed during the renovation phase. This way, we can welcome our esteemed guests in the new premises shortly.
Until the renovations are completed this December, Lufthansa Group and Star Alliance guests with a Business Class ticket as well as Miles & More Frequent Travellers will be offered a coffee-to-fly voucher for a refreshment. The voucher can be redeemed at the airport restaurant “Le Bar à Fruits”.
In a second phase, we’ll be renovating the SWISS First and Senator Lounges. During this time, SWISS First, HON Circle Members, Senators and Star Alliance Gold guests are invited to use the alternate SWISS Lounge.
Viennafly is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 9:28 am
  #2  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,464
Those are really good news!
Nick Art is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:05 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CH
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 626
Indeed! Weird, I did not get that email, though my base is also GVA.
Nic33 is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:49 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GVA
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 478
Now also on the LX homepage:
https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/fly/airport/lounges-geneva

Interesting is also the text and pictures on this page, e.g.:
"Maximum comfort and individual service will reduce the time until your departure": which individual service is offered???
The picture of the Swiss First lounge must taken somewhere else, is this a LX lounge in D in ZRH?
"There is a separate reserved area for VIPs.": Where is this supposed to be?
"When it's time for your flight to depart, we'll escort you to your aircraft." Was never escorted to my flight unless it leaves from an apron position ...
Viennafly is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 3:54 pm
  #5  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,464
Originally Posted by Viennafly View Post
Now also on the LX homepage:
https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/fly/airport/lounges-geneva

Interesting is also the text and pictures on this page, e.g.:
"Maximum comfort and individual service will reduce the time until your departure": which individual service is offered???
The picture of the Swiss First lounge must taken somewhere else, is this a LX lounge in D in ZRH?
"There is a separate reserved area for VIPs.": Where is this supposed to be?
"When it's time for your flight to depart, we'll escort you to your aircraft." Was never escorted to my flight unless it leaves from an apron position ...
The picture is from the Arrival lounge in ZRH...
Nick Art is offline  
Old Oct 17, 18, 6:52 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,682
Originally Posted by Nic33 View Post
Indeed! Weird, I did not get that email, though my base is also GVA.
As this won’t affect SEN/HON until Q1, I assume that those will be informed with the detail of the new arrangements and exact timings (which they will know better when the work in the C lounge is closer to being completed).
MichielR is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 3:49 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GVA
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 478
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
As this won’t affect SEN/HON until Q1, I assume that those will be informed with the detail of the new arrangements and exact timings (which they will know better when the work in the C lounge is closer to being completed).
I am SEN and received the email. Was initially concerned, as I have a lot of travel planned in Nov/Dec, but then was confused as renovation of the C lounge will not affect me.
Viennafly is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 5:00 am
  #8  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,464
Well I hope the Senator lounges will be finished by late April as I will be routing my flight from RAK through GVA in that case!
Nick Art is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:19 pm
  #9  
GVA
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Here there everywhere
Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Posts: 2,597
Hopefully the business lounge will allow access from the French sector, as the AF lounge is a pain.
GVA is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:23 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CH
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 626
Originally Posted by GVA View Post
Hopefully the business lounge will allow access from the French sector, as the AF lounge is a pain.
Very unfortunately impossible, as customs would have to be in the lounge or a segregated lounge with a French and a Swiss part would have to be setup.
Nic33 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 3:15 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Posts: 770
Surprisingly great news!
vantage03 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 3:59 pm
  #12  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,464
Originally Posted by Nic33 View Post
Very unfortunately impossible, as customs would have to be in the lounge or a segregated lounge with a French and a Swiss part would have to be setup.
I never really got why there is a french part in the first place... I mean Switzerland doesn’t differentiate from domestic and shengen flights! Why does France?
Nick Art is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:48 pm
  #13  
GVA
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Here there everywhere
Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Posts: 2,597
Originally Posted by Nic33 View Post
Very unfortunately impossible, as customs would have to be in the lounge or a segregated lounge with a French and a Swiss part would have to be setup.
Have you ever visited the AF/KL lounge ? It has access from both the Swiss and French side, one for KLM flights and other for AF flights. Inside the lounge you can mix as you want.
GVA is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:55 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CH
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 626
A treaty between France and Switzerland sets forth in substance that a part of the airport is under partial French jurisdiction. One can reach the French sector directly from France (without entering Switzerland).

Both Switzerland and France are in Shengen, but customs are maintained for merchandises. Upon arrival in GVA, all passengers (even from ZRH), except passengers from flights from France exiting the airport on the French side, clear Swiss customs .
Nic33 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 5:02 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CH
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 626
Originally Posted by GVA View Post
Have you ever visited the AF/KL lounge ? It has access from both the Swiss and French side, one for KLM flights and other for AF flights. Inside the lounge you can mix as you want.
Never been to the AF lounge. Does this means that one can get from Swiss to France and reciprocally by passing through the lounge?

So if AF/KL can do it, I guess that LX could reasonnably claim that it should be entitled to the same treatment.
Nic33 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread