Wiki Posts
Search

First Class and HON now board first at ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
Update: flew to the US on Monday and there’s now a separate roped off priority boarding lane for First and HON pax so you can arrive at any time and avoid the LX boarding melee. Finally! Very happy with LX for this.

Also side note, A380 welcome F service at MUC seems to now be finished as I flew in this morning and nada.
Excellent that LX keep improving the F experience & shame on LH for going backwards
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Actually this has never been an issue for me. As an F/HON pax you always had the option to approach the gate at any time and ask for individual boarding at the time of your own convenience.
That is true, had that a couple of times when boarding was delayed last minute but fighting through the throng was not
a First Class experience
vantage03 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: LH HON
Update: flew to the US on Monday and there’s now a separate roped off priority boarding lane for First and HON pax so you can arrive at any time and avoid the LX boarding melee. Finally! Very happy with LX for this.
But is it still only one bridge for all passengers from the gate to the bird?
Because even if you can get past the gate easily, you might end up stuck in the finger...
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zara
But is it still only one bridge for all passengers from the gate to the bird?
Because even if you can get past the gate easily, you might end up stuck in the finger...
Yes, one jet bridge but they seem to move people through rapidly, I have yet to get stuck in a line inside bridge onto a wide body at ZRH
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Actually this has never been an issue for me. As an F/HON pax you always had the option to approach the gate at any time and ask for individual boarding at the time of your own convenience.
I did this too but didn’t enjoy having to do so, and once got serious attitude from the rude gate agent for asking.. Eyeroll.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, one jet bridge but they seem to move people through rapidly, I have yet to get stuck in a line inside bridge onto a wide body at ZRH
Same experience for me... whereas in FRA I feel there’s always a jetbridge queue when single-bridge boarding
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same experience for me... whereas in FRA I feel there’s always a jetbridge queue when single-bridge boarding
Yes, true even with more than one jetbridge in FRA been in a line with PA from FCT & other pax.....
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:54 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
one jetbridge in ZRH and get stuck in it

Originally Posted by chris63
Wonder why they deploy only one jet bridge for a 777 in ZRH. Got recently stuck for real in one when boarding with a F boarding pass, no drama but contradicts your experience.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:51 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by behuman
Wonder why they deploy only one jet bridge for a 777 in ZRH. Got recently stuck for real in one when boarding with a F boarding pass, no drama but contradicts your experience.
I actually always wondered about that. Why have two jet bridges and not use them?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by 8420PR
If I remember correctly the boarding time shown on F boarding cards at Zurich is actually later than the standard boarding time. Personally I prefer to get on last, but can understand many people want to be first on and this change will make them happy (with little impact to anyone else!).
I prefer to board last as well, I never understood why people in F and C want to push themselves through a 300 people crowd and then need to wait 40 minutes in their seats.
Stay in lounge, board last, get settled, boarding completed-all doors in flight....departure.
East_and_West likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I prefer to board last as well, I never understood why people in F and C want to push themselves through a 300 people crowd and then need to wait 40 minutes in their seats.
Stay in lounge, board last, get settled, boarding completed-all doors in flight....departure.
The alternative is just fine, too.

Leave lounge just in time to arrive when boarding starts. Board first. Store bags, have coat hung in wardrobe. Change into pyjamas. Have a glass of champagne and a amuse bouche. Chat with the MdC and the Captain. Have another glass of champagne before take-off. Departure.
bowzer91 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
The alternative is just fine, too.

Leave lounge just in time to arrive when boarding starts. Board first. Store bags, have coat hung in wardrobe. Change into pyjamas. Have a glass of champagne and a amuse bouche. Chat with the MdC and the Captain. Have another glass of champagne before take-off. Departure.
My preference also & to have the space adjacent to ones seat to store the carryon, some pax in F seem to bring their entire belongings
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Had a look around earlier this week and none of the mid-day gates had the signs up (before and through boarding). I had walk up and down the terminal (except the US section) and saw PEK, PVG, DXB/MCT to name a few - none of them had the separate boarding lanes. Not sure what's going on with this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bawm
Had a look around earlier this week and none of the mid-day gates had the signs up (before and through boarding). I had walk up and down the terminal (except the US section) and saw PEK, PVG, DXB/MCT to name a few - none of them had the separate boarding lanes. Not sure what's going on with this.
Hope they haven’t got rid of it. I’ll see on Tuesday..!
bawm likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:13 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
My preferred time to board is either first or last. (but not inbetween as you will get stuck on the jetbridge.) It also depends on how full the cabin is as with a full cabin you might want to board first to have some carry on space, while when the plane is rather empty you can take your time. Furthermore it also depends on the mood & what airport it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.