First Class and HON now board first at ZRH

Old Feb 11, 19, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
As long as you don’t change into them in the cabin for everybody to see things they did not want to see.

I still have a trauma because of this...
I did see an older guy *completely* change at his seat from clothes into his LX pyjamas in LX F to MIA a couple of months ago. Everyone seemed to politely ignore it.. but some things you just can’t un-see...
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 19, 5:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, RS****
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post

I did see an older guy *completely* change at his seat from clothes into his LX pyjamas in LX F to MIA a couple of months ago. Everyone seemed to politely ignore it.. but some things you just can’t un-see...
Same story for me in LX F DXB-ZRH and JFK-ZRH...

We should probably start a support group.
Old Feb 12, 19, 8:23 am

Programs: LX SEN

Same story for me in LX F DXB-ZRH and JFK-ZRH...

We should probably start a support group.
Same here: some years ago on ZRH-LAX. At least he kept his underwear on. With the new F seat on the 777 one maybe does not see a lot from most other seats, but this was on the old A340 seats. There were only 2 other pax (both male), but still.
Old Feb 13, 19, 4:22 am

Programs: LH HON
Changing at the seat is one thing. Has anyone ever had the unpleasant experience of a fellow passenger taking off his pants at the seat but not putting on the PJ pants? Sleeping in his tighty-whities? On a non-suite-like F class seat back in 2013 or so, for everyone to see what is sticking out from under that duvet?
That's by far the nastiest performance I had to endure.
Old Yesterday, 10:31 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Unsafe behaviour

Emergencies do and will happen. Solid dress and shoes with documents on me until FL 100.
chris63 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 am

Programs: MM, EK, AB/EY, HH, SPG, etc.

I actually always wondered about that. Why have two jet bridges and not use them?
My understanding is that has to do with LX cabin crew numbers not being sufficient to man two doors for boarding (widebody disembarcation in ZRH is not an issue, as both doors are in operation then).
Old Yesterday, 11:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, RS****
Originally Posted by Wtravel View Post

My understanding is that has to do with LX cabin crew numbers not being sufficient to man two doors for boarding (widebody disembarcation in ZRH is not an issue, as both doors are in operation then).
I find that surprising and a little unconvincing. Wouldn‘t the front door not only need one FA attending to it? Which you could maybe take from the F cabin?

I mean in FRA LH sometimes used two jetbridged on their A321s! (a very funny sight).
Old Today, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
I mean in FRA LH sometimes used two jetbridged on their A321s! (a very funny sight).
I wish they’d do this for my flights, I’ve never seen it! Only amazingly long, slow moving queues up a single jetbridge.
chris63 likes this.
Old Today, 6:03 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
I wish they’d do this for my flights, I’ve never seen it! Only amazingly long, slow moving queues up a single jetbridge.
They used two jetbridges for my A321 flight from gate B20 earlier this week. But I didn’t specifically notice, as I had seen it a number of times before.
chris63 likes this.
Old Today, 10:28 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Yes, it does happen in FRA, they ought to use it whenever possible to stop those awful jetbridge lines & in Summer it can be hotter than Hell....
worldclubber likes this.
Old Today, 12:31 pm

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again

I find that surprising and a little unconvincing. Wouldn‘t the front door not only need one FA attending to it? Which you could maybe take from the F cabin?

Taking one of the F (or C) cabin FAs would lead to significantly slower coat hanging, pre-departure drinks, amenity kit/PJ handout etc. so does not appear a good option. Leaving the door unattended would not work either, given the amount of pax that would take the wrong bridge despite signage.