Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status benefits when flying Edelweiss (WK) under LX flight number

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by vantage03

There is no lounge at JMK full stop.. in fact, it’s probably the most disgusting, poorly run, over-crowded, chaotic airport I’ve ever been to. If you’re lucky you’ll even get a feral cat going to the loo at your feet inside the “sterile area”..!
I can hardly wait! You make it sound so charming. Thanks anyway.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:51 pm

The Google Rating of 2.1 definitely catched my interest, too
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I've just undertaken the flight. And you're right about the airport. It's not as bad as the old Bangkok airport but it's pretty close.

The check in desks didn't show star gold icons but they allowed me to check in at the business desk (which did save a very long queue). Likewise I got priority boarding (while others were turned away).

Edelweiss gave my row 36 on the A320 (second last row). Thanks.

I believe Paros airport has been upgraded.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Lounge access is a yes as status is honored (Sen and *G can access Sen lounge, FTL can acess BUS lounge)
Is this still true? The Edelweiss page on lounge access says lounge access in ZRH is for the Business lounge only, and later says "Please note that Edelweiss is not a member of Star Alliance and therefore Star Alliance Gold Members from other frequent flyer programmes do not have access."

It's LX8015 operated by WK, which looks like a wet lease rather than a codeshare, so hopefully it's treated as a regular LX flight instead of WK. But it's always dangerous to make assumptions on stuff like this...
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is this still true? The Edelweiss page on lounge access says lounge access in ZRH is for the Business lounge only, and later says "Please note that Edelweiss is not a member of Star Alliance and therefore Star Alliance Gold Members from other frequent flyer programmes do not have access."

It's LX8015 operated by WK, which looks like a wet lease rather than a codeshare, so hopefully it's treated as a regular LX flight instead of WK. But it's always dangerous to make assumptions on stuff like this...
It's not a problem. Even on a WK flight with an LX flight number, like ZRH-TFS I have had no issues getting into the SEN lounge in ZRH with UA*G. Scanned BP and got the green light.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:59 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cfischer
It's not a problem. Even on a WK flight with an LX flight number, like ZRH-TFS I have had no issues getting into the SEN lounge in ZRH with UA*G. Scanned BP and got the green light.
For some reason, my *G showed up on the BP for my LX AMS-ZRH flight but not the onward WK flight, so initially the agent directed me to the Business side, but when I mentioned I was *G, no problems accessing the Senator lounge. All worked out fine
cfischer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, ex-Aeroplan Elite; Hertz #1 club
Operated by: Edelweiss Air - lounge status for *G

I am unsure about the status of "Operated by:Edelweiss Air" with regard to use of lounges for *G card holders. I am aware of the general rules around code share flights and everything depending on the operating airlines. But there exceptions, and some funny deals on *A feeder (partner?) airlines.

In the US there are cases of operating airlines being an operational decision. They count as the parent airline for alliance benefits
The Aegean/Olympic case is different, as is the Air Canada/Air Canada Rouge setup, and links wit a Thai subsidiary.

So if I fly Edelweiss Air with a Swiss flight number, can I get access to the lounge anywhere ?
Is connecting in Zurich from real Swiss to Edelweiss Air different?
Similarly checking in for an Edelweiss flight in another coultry, with a through ticket including Swiss later? What about priority baggage and business checkin?

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by donard
I am unsure about the status of "Operated by:Edelweiss Air" with regard to use of lounges for *G card holders. I am aware of the general rules around code share flights and everything depending on the operating airlines. But there exceptions, and some funny deals on *A feeder (partner?) airlines.

In the US there are cases of operating airlines being an operational decision. They count as the parent airline for alliance benefits
The Aegean/Olympic case is different, as is the Air Canada/Air Canada Rouge setup, and links wit a Thai subsidiary.

So if I fly Edelweiss Air with a Swiss flight number, can I get access to the lounge anywhere ?
Is connecting in Zurich from real Swiss to Edelweiss Air different?
Similarly checking in for an Edelweiss flight in another coultry, with a through ticket including Swiss later? What about priority baggage and business checkin?

Thanks
Wetleases for LX with LX ticket and flight number are like LX. Full *A benefits.

Different for some code shares. The first flight number listed is the relevant one.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Wetlease always. Even for 'real' WK flights that are booked under an LX codeshare ... IME ... you get lounge access
Old Mar 15, 2023, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Wetlease always. Even for 'real' WK flights that are booked under an LX codeshare ... IME ... you get lounge access
Kind of.

Access to lounges: Business Class guests as well as status customers of the frequent flyer programmes Miles&More, Aeroplan and MilagePlus. Please note that Edelweiss is not a member of Star Alliance and therefore Star Alliance Gold Members from other frequent flyer programmes do not have access.”

Also, by the book, SENs cannot bring children in addition to an adult guest except for at ZRH.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:21 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Had multiple WK flights booked on LX# and have always had access to the lounges worldwide.
booked business…. Maybe that was the reason.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Had multiple WK flights booked on LX# and have always had access to the lounges worldwide.
booked business…. Maybe that was the reason.
That's definitely a reason to give you access to the lounges anyway.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 2:03 am

You'd think that flying business would come with lounge access, but I've discovered that Edelweiss is apparently not paying for contract lounges at (some of?) the airports they serve: I was flying EDI->ZRH on WK311 (codeshare, ticketed as LX8311 "operated by Edelweiss Air") in business class last May, and the contract lounge there said they only had a contract with Swiss/LH, not with Edelweiss and so no lounge access was possible for this flight. Confusingly, they mentioned that I would have had access to the lounge on that ticket with *G status, though that seems weird, given that Edelweiss isn't a SA member, so that might have been a mistake by the lounge staff. I reached out to customers service via email to inquire what the actual policy here is, but never heard back (and didn't think about it again until I stumbled upon this thread)
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AlexanderV
You'd think that flying business would come with lounge access, but I've discovered that Edelweiss is apparently not paying for contract lounges at (some of?) the airports they serve: I was flying EDI->ZRH on WK311 (codeshare, ticketed as LX8311 "operated by Edelweiss Air") in business class last May, and the contract lounge there said they only had a contract with Swiss/LH, not with Edelweiss and so no lounge access was possible for this flight. Confusingly, they mentioned that I would have had access to the lounge on that ticket with *G status, though that seems weird, given that Edelweiss isn't a SA member, so that might have been a mistake by the lounge staff. I reached out to customers service via email to inquire what the actual policy here is, but never heard back (and didn't think about it again until I stumbled upon this thread)
It's the same nonsense in ORK. The lounge shows the SWISS logo on the participating airline list, but as WK is the operating carrier, no access with a C boarding pass (and SEN status). Ironically, they used the SWISS logo at the gate for the flight display (instead of WK).

If you get a real response and not just a form letter, would love to hear what they say.

Thanks,
bawm
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlexanderV
How strange. It's on the list:

https://www.flyedelweiss.com/languag...hort-haul.html

It's C, LH*G, AC*G and UA*G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.