Wiki Posts
Search

Short checking ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Short checking ZRH

Hello everybody

On my way back from Mauritius, I have a flight MRU-ZRH with Edelweiss Air, then a flight ZRH-LIN with Swiss in correspondance. As the last flight arrives late in LIN, there is no more train to my home at that moment, so I have to pay for a hotel in Milano for that night.

It would be perfect If I could check my luggages only for ZRH, then leave the airport and take a train.

How would you advise me to do that, if I want to avoid additional fees ? I've seen that, for example, with Air France, we must pay 275€ (!) to get luggage back during transit...

Thanks for your answers :-)
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Swiss does not fly to LIN, they only fly to MXP. Maybe there are still trains from MXP?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:33 am
Original Poster

True, it's MXP, but still no train at this time...
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: LX SEN
Short checking is not a problem in my experience. I do that often, as I often need my luggage in ZRH before continuing further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.