Will LX check my bags through on two separate tickets LX tickets?

Old Aug 20, 18, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M SEN
Will LX check my bags through on two separate tickets LX tickets?

I will be arriving in ZRH from SFO (F) and will be continuing on to VCE (J). I am ticketed separately on LX issued tickets and both flights are operated by LX. With 1:45 hrs in transit, I could probably clear immigration and re-check my bags but would prefer to have LX check my bags all the way through to VCE when checking in at SFO. Is this possible?
Old Aug 20, 18, 11:39 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Likely possible. Ask at checkin - - you are flying "F" so the agent is going to be very helpful.
Old Aug 21, 18, 1:19 am

Programs: LX SEN
Should work without a problem.
Old Aug 21, 18, 7:36 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Certainly LX will check your bags through & that connection time should be fine but if anything happens on your inbound flight & you miss the connection itís going to be expensive to get rebooked
Old Aug 22, 18, 10:28 am

Up to the agent (LX neither officially allows it or denies it) - probably will work, but no guarantee.

Just be aware that IF your bag gets lost in transfer, they're usually a bit less keen on paying for expenses when it was on two tickets..

And as chris63 said, no protection in case your incoming flight is late.

Also, you'll be passing immigration in ZRH anyway (either when getting landside, or when moving from E to A where your flight to VCE will depart from) - you'll skip security if you're staying airside.

And I hope you've not booked a "Light" fare on the European segment (yes, that's possible in C too)

Search this Thread