Trying to change ticket from 2 to 1 stop

Old Aug 12, 18, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Trying to change ticket from 2 to 1 stop

sorry about the confusing title. There was a big mixup with my flight from London to Tampa on Travelocity. So they now agreed to change it for me any way I want and I have some business in Zurich I need to attend to. So my departure from London will be on Saturday September 8. So the only ticket Travelocity can find is lhr to gva on Saturday night and then gva to zrh on Sunday morning and then zrh to tpa in the afternoon. They canít see the lhr - zrh - tpa ticket. Maybe itís because itís a 21.5 hr layover. Now my question is, does Swiss allow same day changes? Iím in business class on all three tickets. Can I simply ask tnem at the airport to change my ticket directly to Zurich from London? Or should I just plan on booking a hotel in Geneva? Thanks
Old Aug 13, 18, 1:08 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
sorry about the confusing title. There was a big mixup with my flight from London to Tampa on Travelocity. So they now agreed to change it for me any way I want and I have some business in Zurich I need to attend to. So my departure from London will be on Saturday September 8. So the only ticket Travelocity can find is lhr to gva on Saturday night and then gva to zrh on Sunday morning and then zrh to tpa in the afternoon. They canít see the lhr - zrh - tpa ticket. Maybe itís because itís a 21.5 hr layover. Now my question is, does Swiss allow same day changes? Iím in business class on all three tickets. Can I simply ask tnem at the airport to change my ticket directly to Zurich from London? Or should I just plan on booking a hotel in Geneva? Thanks
LX will not permit a same day change unless it is a fully flexible J ticket.
Old Aug 13, 18, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

LX will not permit a same day change unless it is a fully flexible J ticket.

thanks. its a J fare; so seems like its a flexible. either way i called swiss and they were able to change it to a direct lhr - zrh (21.5 hr layover) - tpa. now i need a find a hotel to stay in near the airport
Old Aug 13, 18, 9:23 am
Original Poster

sorry one final question. so currently i'm on the 510 pm flight to zrh from lhr. if i wanted to take the earlier flight that departs around 12pm is it allowed? i'm on a full business fare (J class). i called swiss and they told me it's up to the airport staff discretion? that didnt seem to make sense..
Old Aug 13, 18, 10:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
sorry one final question. so currently i'm on the 510 pm flight to zrh from lhr. if i wanted to take the earlier flight that departs around 12pm is it allowed? i'm on a full business fare (J class). i called swiss and they told me it's up to the airport staff discretion? that didnt seem to make sense..
If you have a 21.5hr layover with a 5:10pm departure departing around 12pm might make it a stopover (more than 24 hours) and not allowed under the fare rule. Not sure if airport staff can override the rule but if you have been told it might be possible and are prepared to wait for 5 hours at LHR if necessary you might like to go to the airport early. Please keep us posted how you get on.
Old Aug 13, 18, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
If you have a 21.5hr layover with a 5:10pm departure departing around 12pm might make it a stopover (more than 24 hours) and not allowed under the fare rule. Not sure if airport staff can override the rule but if you have been told it might be possible and are prepared to wait for 5 hours at LHR if necessary you might like to go to the airport early. Please keep us posted how you get on.
will do. trip is on september 8 so i will update then thanks
Old Aug 13, 18, 12:54 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
thanks. its a J fare; so seems like its a flexible. either way i called swiss and they were able to change it to a direct lhr - zrh (21.5 hr layover) - tpa. now i need a find a hotel to stay in near the airport
Good 👍

J ticket, must have cost ?

For an AirPort Hotel, I find the Radisson Blu the best, just so easy being opposite the terminal.