FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Trying to change ticket from 2 to 1 stop (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1924835-trying-change-ticket-2-1-stop.html)

omaralt Aug 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Trying to change ticket from 2 to 1 stop

sorry about the confusing title. There was a big mixup with my flight from London to Tampa on Travelocity. So they now agreed to change it for me any way I want and I have some business in Zurich I need to attend to. So my departure from London will be on Saturday September 8. So the only ticket Travelocity can find is lhr to gva on Saturday night and then gva to zrh on Sunday morning and then zrh to tpa in the afternoon. They can’t see the lhr - zrh - tpa ticket. Maybe it’s because it’s a 21.5 hr layover. Now my question is, does Swiss allow same day changes? I’m in business class on all three tickets. Can I simply ask tnem at the airport to change my ticket directly to Zurich from London? Or should I just plan on booking a hotel in Geneva? Thanks

chris63 Aug 13, 2018 12:08 am

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 30075587)
sorry about the confusing title. There was a big mixup with my flight from London to Tampa on Travelocity. So they now agreed to change it for me any way I want and I have some business in Zurich I need to attend to. So my departure from London will be on Saturday September 8. So the only ticket Travelocity can find is lhr to gva on Saturday night and then gva to zrh on Sunday morning and then zrh to tpa in the afternoon. They can’t see the lhr - zrh - tpa ticket. Maybe it’s because it’s a 21.5 hr layover. Now my question is, does Swiss allow same day changes? I’m in business class on all three tickets. Can I simply ask tnem at the airport to change my ticket directly to Zurich from London? Or should I just plan on booking a hotel in Geneva? Thanks

LX will not permit a same day change unless it is a fully flexible J ticket.

omaralt Aug 13, 2018 6:06 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 30076053)

LX will not permit a same day change unless it is a fully flexible J ticket.

thanks. its a J fare; so seems like its a flexible. either way i called swiss and they were able to change it to a direct lhr - zrh (21.5 hr layover) - tpa. now i need a find a hotel to stay in near the airport

omaralt Aug 13, 2018 8:23 am

sorry one final question. so currently i'm on the 510 pm flight to zrh from lhr. if i wanted to take the earlier flight that departs around 12pm is it allowed? i'm on a full business fare (J class). i called swiss and they told me it's up to the airport staff discretion? that didnt seem to make sense..

NewbieRunner Aug 13, 2018 9:09 am

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 30077081)
sorry one final question. so currently i'm on the 510 pm flight to zrh from lhr. if i wanted to take the earlier flight that departs around 12pm is it allowed? i'm on a full business fare (J class). i called swiss and they told me it's up to the airport staff discretion? that didnt seem to make sense..

If you have a 21.5hr layover with a 5:10pm departure departing around 12pm might make it a stopover (more than 24 hours) and not allowed under the fare rule. Not sure if airport staff can override the rule but if you have been told it might be possible and are prepared to wait for 5 hours at LHR if necessary you might like to go to the airport early. Please keep us posted how you get on.

omaralt Aug 13, 2018 9:10 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 30077250)
If you have a 21.5hr layover with a 5:10pm departure departing around 12pm might make it a stopover (more than 24 hours) and not allowed under the fare rule. Not sure if airport staff can override the rule but if you have been told it might be possible and are prepared to wait for 5 hours at LHR if necessary you might like to go to the airport early. Please keep us posted how you get on.

will do. trip is on september 8 so i will update then thanks

chris63 Aug 13, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by omaralt (Post 30076670)
thanks. its a J fare; so seems like its a flexible. either way i called swiss and they were able to change it to a direct lhr - zrh (21.5 hr layover) - tpa. now i need a find a hotel to stay in near the airport

Good 👍

J ticket, must have cost ?

For an AirPort Hotel, I find the Radisson Blu the best, just so easy being opposite the terminal.