Entering passport information and frequent travler number

Old Aug 4, 18, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bear Backers
Entering passport information and frequent travler number

i made a reservation last night from sfo to lhr for next year. I did not use my Lufthansa number because I want mileage credited to United mileage plus account. I tried entering those numbers but the system indicated it could not match up the numbers.

Anyway, is there a way to enter my passport number? It did not ask for it . I guess I could call
Old Aug 4, 18, 6:44 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
i made a reservation last night from sfo to lhr for next year. I did not use my Lufthansa number because I want mileage credited to United mileage plus account. I tried entering those numbers but the system indicated it could not match up the numbers.

Anyway, is there a way to enter my passport number? It did not ask for it . I guess I could call
Couple ideas:
  1. Try entering the UA MP number into your reservation again via the Manage Reservation site. Remember the name on the flight should exactly match what UA has on file for your MP account.
  2. If that fails I'd recommend calling the airline to get it added, should be a couple minutes tops.
  3. If that fails/doesn't work, log in to the United website and add the flight to your MP account (there's a section where you enter the PNR and name and it imports into account).
  4. During OLCI for the flight ensure your MP number appears (and passport details can be entered). If not go the check in desk (or J check in desk if you're Gold or above with UA) to ensure this is all correct.
  5. If that doesn't work, try getting the gate or lounge attendant to update that information
  6. Finally if none of that works, save your boarding pass and request missing milage credit from UA afterwards
Hope that provides a comprehensive guide to ensuring those darned miles credit!

Safe Travels,

James
Dianne47 likes this.

Search this Thread