Welcome service in F at arrival in ZRH

Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: LH HON
I had a pretty bad experience last week in ZRH: feeder flight from HAM was horribly delayed (2+ hrs) and arrived on an apron position five minutes after the boarding of LX138 had already begun.
I called LX Core Customer care three times before my departure in HAM to discuss potential rebookings and also to make sure that the ground staff knows about the delay. To give them enough time to organize a direct transfer.
Except: Nothing happened. No car, no nothing. Despite that fact that there was at least one other HON + Companion on board who was on his way to SIN (flight departs 5 min after the HKG flight, so also super tight connection due to the delay).
I showed up at FCL A 2min before they close shop for the night and a super, super kind lounge attendant grabbed her yellow vest and a car key.
Way to go, LX...
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by zara
I had a pretty bad experience last week in ZRH: feeder flight from HAM was horribly delayed (2+ hrs) and arrived on an apron position five minutes after the boarding of LX138 had already begun.
I called LX Core Customer care three times before my departure in HAM to discuss potential rebookings and also to make sure that the ground staff knows about the delay. To give them enough time to organize a direct transfer.
Except: Nothing happened. No car, no nothing. Despite that fact that there was at least one other HON + Companion on board who was on his way to SIN (flight departs 5 min after the HKG flight, so also super tight connection due to the delay).
I showed up at FCL A 2min before they close shop for the night and a super, super kind lounge attendant grabbed her yellow vest and a car key.
Way to go, LX...
Glad you made it !

I had a similar experience last year, do let core customer care know, the problem is SWISSPORT who do the HON handling for LX
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Data points from this week at SIN:

Arriving LH F (T2) connecting to SQ F (T3), just a lady with a sign. No assistance. Lonnnngggg walk from the farthest gate in D to the sky train and it felt like the aircon wasn’t working in the airport lol

Arriving SQ F (T3) connecting to LX F (T2), buggy waiting for me on arrival from SQ flight to take me to transfer desk and the lounge for the LX flight.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by vantage03

Arriving LH F (T2) connecting to SQ F (T3), just a lady with a sign. No assistance. Lonnnngggg walk from the farthest gate in D to the sky train and it felt like the aircon wasn’t working in the airport lol

Arriving SQ F (T3) connecting to LX F (T2), buggy waiting for me on arrival from SQ flight to take me to transfer desk and the lounge for the LX flight.
which is exactly what I described above. Thanks for confirming it as well.
PS. The long walk doesn't hurt after a 12h flight .
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
PS. The long walk doesn't hurt after a 12h flight .
Neither does the buggy!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03

50% transfer service is better than 0 & yes the airport seemed very humid on Tuesday & I had just come from BKK
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
At the risk of outing myself as a total LX F virgin, here’s my question: I’ll arrive at ZRH at 6.10AM on Easter Monday from SIN with LX177, connecting to CDG with LX at 7.40AM. Am I better off using the F arrival service and going to the A lounge, or is it worth checking out the E lounge and transferring to A on my own?

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by JohnRain
At the risk of outing myself as a total LX F virgin, here’s my question: I’ll arrive at ZRH at 6.10AM on Easter Monday from SIN with LX177, connecting to CDG with LX at 7.40AM. Am I better off using the F arrival service and going to the A lounge, or is it worth checking out the E lounge and transferring to A on my own?

Thanks
I would take the shuttle to A and have a shower and breakfast in the FCL A. On such a connection I wouldn’t see a need to go past E for the terrace, and breakfast in A is as good as in E. You won’t find FCL A too crowded either, for a Monday morning at least.
chris63 and JohnRain like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR

I would take the shuttle to A and have a shower and breakfast in the FCL A. On such a connection I wouldn’t see a need to go past E for the terrace, and breakfast in A is as good as in E. You won’t find FCL A too crowded either, for a Monday morning at least.
Second this & it can happen that LX177 gets a D arrival gate, E is then a long way off.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Thanks guys, I will follow your advice...
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Thanks guys, I will follow your advice...
Have a good flight!
JohnRain likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
recap:
- arriving on SQ Y/C (even on separate tix) at SIN and connecting to LX F I am always met at arrival gate and driven with buggy to lounge/LX departing gate.
- arriving at SIN on LX F: PA on arrival asking if I am familiar with the airport and then you are on your own. No buggy. The only time I was buggied to my connecting flight was because the SQ PPS desk knew about my short connection and made sure I made it to my connecting flight.
- arriving on SQ F at SIN (only flew ex Europe): never met a PA.

trust to have clarified my earlier post.
Some more data points from SIN confirming the above.

HON transferring SQ C to LX F or C - buggy
HON transferring SQ C to LH F - no buggy
HON transferring LX F to BA F - no buggy
HON transferring LX C to SQ C - no buggy

Like in HKG, LX provides better service than LH.

And maybe one of the mods can move this to the F/HON services thread.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: LH HON
Another data point for SIN:
HON transferring LX F to SQ F - no buggy
Old May 29, 2019, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some more data points from SIN confirming the above.

Like in HKG, LX provides better service than LH.

Since IME both SIN & HKG have the same Station manager for LH & LX the service ought to be the same
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
But I have been on a buggy connecting SQ C (and even Y) to LX F together with a pax connecting on LH (don't know if he was HON and/or in F).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.