Newbie Question Swiss Customer Service Issue - No Response

Old Jul 19, 18, 7:56 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Posts: 1,734
Swiss Customer Service Issue - No Response

On June 12 I lost my connection at BRU due to a late departure from ZRH on Swiss. I contacted Swiss to make a EU Claim, and they advised me to send an email via website. I did that. I have not received a response. I called last week, and they told me they are back logged. I sent a tweet and they said the same, they are backlogged.

It has been more than a month and I want to see how I can elevate it. Any advice? Is there a Department of Air Transportation that I can contact? A consumer advocacy organization.Thanks in advance.
ORD-TGU is offline  
Old Jul 19, 18, 1:08 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: LXFF
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
On June 12 I lost my connection at BRU due to a late departure from ZRH on Swiss. I contacted Swiss to make a EU Claim, and they advised me to send an email via website. I did that. I have not received a response. I called last week, and they told me they are back logged. I sent a tweet and they said the same, they are backlogged.

It has been more than a month and I want to see how I can elevate it. Any advice? Is there a Department of Air Transportation that I can contact? A consumer advocacy organization.Thanks in advance.
They've been back logged for months now... at some point they have to stop using that excuse!
ced_lx is online now  
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:32 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Posts: 1,734
Originally Posted by ced_lx View Post
They've been back logged for months now... at some point they have to stop using that excuse!
Twitter did state that they would expedite it, but who knows.

This is my 1st time seeking EU compensation. I want to contact airline first, if this fails I would be forced to use 3rd party sites at 25%fee.
ORD-TGU is offline  
Old Jul 20, 18, 12:00 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 2,190
Here you go
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Jul 21, 18, 3:07 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,077
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
Twitter did state that they would expedite it, but who knows.

This is my 1st time seeking EU compensation. I want to contact airline first, if this fails I would be forced to use 3rd party sites at 25%fee.
The delays are obviously not great service, but at least you do not have to worry about your claim timing out, the deadlines are very generous. Hope this will be resolved soon.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Jul 21, 18, 5:25 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,812
Originally Posted by ced_lx View Post
They've been back logged for months now... at some point they have to stop using that excuse!
This is so true !

If you have a problem fix it, other businesses do !
chris63 is online now  
Old Jul 21, 18, 5:56 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zurich
Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
Posts: 1,333
I'm not under the impression they want to fix it. They clearly hope that customers forget as time goes by ...
swiss_global is offline  
Old Jul 21, 18, 8:23 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,812
Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
I'm not under the impression they want to fix it. They clearly hope that customers forget as time goes by ...
Dangerous strategy, customers have choices
chris63 is online now  
Old Jul 21, 18, 11:21 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,537
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post


Dangerous strategy, customers have choices
Between LH, LX, OS, SN...

Unfortunately, "having choices" within Europe is mostly between which LH Group carrier you're picking.. (unless you want to have some rather massive detour, or fly from an airport in the middle of nowhere..)
swiss_global likes this.
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 21, 18, 6:56 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,812
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Between LH, LX, OS, SN...

Unfortunately, "having choices" within Europe is mostly between which LH Group carrier you're picking.. (unless you want to have some rather massive detour, or fly from an airport in the middle of nowhere..)
Indeed but LX have a lot of traffic & PAX where there is competition, it’s certainly not all about intra EU.

Last edited by chris63; Jul 21, 18 at 6:57 pm Reason: Typo
chris63 is online now  
Old Jul 22, 18, 9:44 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Posts: 1,734
Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
I'm not under the impression they want to fix it. They clearly hope that customers forget as time goes by ...
I can guarantee you that this strategy works with most people, but not with Flyertalkers. I will give them 30 days.
ORD-TGU is offline  
Old Jul 22, 18, 11:22 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 7,537
It doesn't work with Serbs either, apparently

https://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft...id8643305.html
YuropFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread