Newbie Question Swiss Customer Service Issue - No Response

Old Jul 19, 18, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Swiss Customer Service Issue - No Response

On June 12 I lost my connection at BRU due to a late departure from ZRH on Swiss. I contacted Swiss to make a EU Claim, and they advised me to send an email via website. I did that. I have not received a response. I called last week, and they told me they are back logged. I sent a tweet and they said the same, they are backlogged.

It has been more than a month and I want to see how I can elevate it. Any advice? Is there a Department of Air Transportation that I can contact? A consumer advocacy organization.Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 19, 18, 1:08 pm

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
On June 12 I lost my connection at BRU due to a late departure from ZRH on Swiss. I contacted Swiss to make a EU Claim, and they advised me to send an email via website. I did that. I have not received a response. I called last week, and they told me they are back logged. I sent a tweet and they said the same, they are backlogged.

It has been more than a month and I want to see how I can elevate it. Any advice? Is there a Department of Air Transportation that I can contact? A consumer advocacy organization.Thanks in advance.
They've been back logged for months now... at some point they have to stop using that excuse!
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by ced_lx View Post
They've been back logged for months now... at some point they have to stop using that excuse!
Twitter did state that they would expedite it, but who knows.

This is my 1st time seeking EU compensation. I want to contact airline first, if this fails I would be forced to use 3rd party sites at 25%fee.
Old Jul 20, 18, 12:00 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Here you go
Old Jul 21, 18, 3:07 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
Twitter did state that they would expedite it, but who knows.

This is my 1st time seeking EU compensation. I want to contact airline first, if this fails I would be forced to use 3rd party sites at 25%fee.
The delays are obviously not great service, but at least you do not have to worry about your claim timing out, the deadlines are very generous. Hope this will be resolved soon.
Old Jul 21, 18, 5:25 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ced_lx View Post
This is so true !

If you have a problem fix it, other businesses do !
Old Jul 21, 18, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
I'm not under the impression they want to fix it. They clearly hope that customers forget as time goes by ...
Old Jul 21, 18, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
I'm not under the impression they want to fix it. They clearly hope that customers forget as time goes by ...
Dangerous strategy, customers have choices
Old Jul 21, 18, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

Dangerous strategy, customers have choices
Between LH, LX, OS, SN...

Unfortunately, "having choices" within Europe is mostly between which LH Group carrier you're picking.. (unless you want to have some rather massive detour, or fly from an airport in the middle of nowhere..)
swiss_global likes this.
Old Jul 21, 18, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Between LH, LX, OS, SN...

Unfortunately, "having choices" within Europe is mostly between which LH Group carrier you're picking.. (unless you want to have some rather massive detour, or fly from an airport in the middle of nowhere..)
Indeed but LX have a lot of traffic & PAX where there is competition, it’s certainly not all about intra EU.

Last edited by chris63; Jul 21, 18 at 6:57 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 22, 18, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
I can guarantee you that this strategy works with most people, but not with Flyertalkers. I will give them 30 days.
Old Jul 22, 18, 11:22 am

It doesn't work with Serbs either, apparently

https://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft...id8643305.html

Search this Thread