Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Visitors" in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

"Visitors" in F

I flew NBO-ZRH the other day (flight stops in DAR, but those continuing to ZRH don't get off). When I got on, there were four adults in F who appeared to be traveling together and had obviously not gotten on in NBO (so were traveling ZRH to DAR). None of this is unusual (or a problem). However, they had three children who were traveling in J (at least, I assume J, definitely not F) who joined them in F while boarding finished. Two of the boys tried to stay for take-off (in the companion seats) but were sent back to their seats. Once the seatbelt sign was off, all three were back again, though only the two boys stayed (I'd guess that they were about 10 and 12).

Is "visiting" allowed on Swiss in F (from J or Y)? I was curious about any official rules (and/or unofficial applications of any rules). It was only for the short NBO-DAR leg, so really not a big deal, but I was curious (seems like it shouldn't be allowed). And I realise that it makes me sound like a snobbish/pretentious jerk.

The DAR-ZRH only had three of us in F and was super quiet. First time in F on Swiss and was very impressed.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did the cabin crew say when you asked?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Not normal on LX
not acceptable & the FA’s should not have permitted it.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: LXFF
Never had this situation. This is the kind of thing I would blow a gasket about...definitely not normal.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:34 pm

Maybe the children had award tickets in F but it was sold out so they were seated in J.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What did the cabin crew say when you asked?
I knew that they were getting off soon and I didn't want to make a fuss, so I didn't say anything. If it had been for the long flight, I would have commented. Sounds like it shouldn't happen again, but I will speak up if it does (since it clearly isn't normal and shouldn't happen).

I wonder if they did for the ZRH-NBO leg or is just started during the wait on the tarmac (I think that they were the only family/group that were in F for the change over). I'm assuming/hoping the latter.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: LXFF
I've actually seen the oposite years ago. This old gentleman was in F, goes to the bathroom. When he exited he went to find a seat in Economy... the staff had to remind him he was in F. Blew my mind.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by ced_lx
I've actually seen the oposite years ago. This old gentleman was in F, goes to the bathroom. When he exited he went to find a seat in Economy... the staff had to remind him he was in F. Blew my mind.
Probably was getting agoraphobic in first
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Maybe the children had award tickets in F but it was sold out so they were seated in J.
Even so, they should stay in J (or Y).
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:12 pm

Had something very similar happen on a QR flight last week, but in J. Mother and father upgraded themselves and left 4 children in Y. All through the 9 hour flight the kids were basically sitting with the parents, in adjacent unused seats etc.. The crew, in a very non-combative way, tried to let the parents know this was not okay, but the parents didn't care. Absolutely out of order, but not much that I or any one else could do. I know as well as the next person that US based airlines have their failings, but I can't imagine any of them having a crew that would allow this type of behavior for very long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.