Wiki Posts
Search

EDI lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

EDI lounge

As from tomorrow all benefits offered by BD to LH members in terms of lounges ceases.

What does this mean for EDI where the local lounge was the BD one?

I have a feeling it may continue as it seems that BD still handle the LH flights.

Perhaps if anyone is flying BD/BA/KL/AF or of course LH could drop-in and ask the lounge staff.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: OW emerald, SA gold
Star alliance lounge at EDI?

Now that BMI is no longer Star Alliance, there seems to be no lounge for star Alliance passengers to use at Edinburgh airport (eg when flying Turkish o Istanbul or Lufthansa to Frankfurt). Does anyone know if this might change? What lounge can Skyteam passengers use there, as KLM have flights and those passengers can't use the BA lounge or bmi lounge. Or should I just beg at the BA lounge with my gold card and no boarding pass...?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by outnumbered100
Now that BMI is no longer Star Alliance, there seems to be no lounge for star Alliance passengers to use at Edinburgh airport (eg when flying Turkish o Istanbul or Lufthansa to Frankfurt). Does anyone know if this might change? What lounge can Skyteam passengers use there, as KLM have flights and those passengers can't use the BA lounge or bmi lounge. Or should I just beg at the BA lounge with my gold card and no boarding pass...?
No need to beg. If you are *G flying on LH you have access to the Servisair Lounge in EDI. (lufthansa.com is always your friend ) Not sure about TK.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:23 am

Thank you! I might ask next time I am there about Turkish too.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:19 am

Good news if flying Turkish. As *G with United, I got access to the Servisair lounge when flying TK to IST (in economy) last month.

Interestingly, in July I was told (at the lounge) that you needed to have status on M&M itself for lounge access when flying LH Economy. It wasn't a *G lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by outoftheblue
Good news if flying Turkish. As *G with United, I got access to the Servisair lounge when flying TK to IST (in economy) last month.

Interestingly, in July I was told (at the lounge) that you needed to have status on M&M itself for lounge access when flying LH Economy. It wasn't a *G lounge.
Servisair lounges are not *G lounges. As far as I understand each airline or FFP makes its own arrangement (i.e. payment) with the lounge to allow its members access.

In MAN T1 there are two Servisair lounges (one is slightly better than the other) and in 2009 LH, LX, SK and TK (among others) used the Wilmslow Lounge but a year later I could not see TK mentioned. That's why I hesitated to add TK should also have access to the Servisair Lounge in EDI.

Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:31 pm

Ok so I'll be all right flying Turkish then. I'll give it a go in January flying LH economy and see if my *G lets me in.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Which lounge at EDI now?

Which lounge are LH/SN using at EDI these days? Aspire? Before it was Servisair which is now Aspire.

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For reference and to answer my own question it is indeed the Aspire lounge.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:04 am

if I fly LH economy, can I use TK*G to enter aspire lounge in edinburgh?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Lounge access on WK to EDI

Is the WK flight from ZRH to EDI regarded as Star Alliance flight (or obviously not)?

I have heard there is no general rule for all WK flights.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by warakorn
Is the WK flight from ZRH to EDI regarded as Star Alliance flight (or obviously not)?

I have heard there is no general rule for all WK flights.
ZRH-EDI is op by WK, this flight has nothing to do with *A. Therefore also no *A gold benefits on this flight. WK offers only lounge access for C-cl customers on longhaul flights.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:04 pm

And only award miles due to the LX8xxx codeshare.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:26 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Don't fly WK to EDI, even if it is a LX code share where under LX rules you are supposed to have lounge access and priority check in.

EDI ground services for WK is a zoo in EDI, queued 40 minutes to check in, in C and obviously no lounge provided.

Inflight service is good tough.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The EDI service is WK310/311, just codeshared by LX, hence no *A

Code:
DOLX8310/29APR                                                                  
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              LX8310   29 FR 29APR16                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
ZRH          1145  FR JCDZP/M  YB/MP      320         2:15                      
                      MUHGQVWSTEL/MP                                            
                      K/MP                                                      
EDI 1300  FR                                                2:15                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.ZRH EDI   - COMMERCIAL DUPLICATE - OPERATED BY                               
               EDELWEISS AIR                                                    
 2.ZRH EDI   - AIRCRAFT OWNER EDELWEISS AIR                                     
 3.ZRH EDI   - COCKPIT CREW EDELWEISS AIR                                       
 4.ZRH EDI   - CABIN CREW EDELWEISS AIR                                         
 5.ZRH EDI   - OPERATIONAL LEG WK 0310                                          
 6.ZRH EDI   -   1/ MOVIE                                                       
 7.ZRH EDI   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                                 
 8.ZRH EDI   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    
 9.ZRH EDI   - C100Y350                                                         
10.ZRH EDI   -  CO2/PAX* 102.75 KG ECO, 102.75 KG PRE                           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                                    

CONFIGURATION-                                                                  
)>dolx8311/29apr
DOLX8311/29APR                                                                  
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              LX8311   29 FR 29APR16                    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL                  
EDI          1350  FR JCDZP/M  YB/MP      320         2:15                      
                      MUHGQVWSTEL/MP                                            
                      K/MP                                                      
ZRH 1705  FR                                                2:15                

COMMENTS-                                                                       
 1.EDI ZRH   - COMMERCIAL DUPLICATE - OPERATED BY                               
               EDELWEISS AIR                                                    
 2.EDI ZRH   - AIRCRAFT OWNER EDELWEISS AIR                                     
 3.EDI ZRH   - COCKPIT CREW EDELWEISS AIR                                       
 4.EDI ZRH   - CABIN CREW EDELWEISS AIR                                         
 5.EDI ZRH   - OPERATIONAL LEG WK 0311                                          
 6.EDI ZRH   - CHECK-IN WK                                                      
 7.EDI ZRH   -   1/ MOVIE                                                       
 8.EDI ZRH   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                                 
 9.EDI ZRH   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                                    
10.EDI ZRH   - C100Y350                                                         
11.EDI ZRH   -  CO2/PAX* 102.75 KG ECO, 102.75 KG PRE                           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                                    

)>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.