Denied Aspire Lounge access EDI on LX codeshare flight

Old Jul 13, 18, 5:00 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Denied Aspire Lounge access EDI on LX codeshare flight

Hi there

My friends just have a flight from EDI to ZRH on WK codeshared on LX (while I have the same over FRA with LH). All in Business Class.
While I do get access my friends who have *G and a LX Business Boarding Pass were denied.
Star Alliance website clearly states access and so does LH website (for *G even not only SEN!)!
LX does not list EDI on their website however...

Is this correct that they were denied?
I reckon that because their *G carrier nor their operating carrier nor the code shared carrier has a contract with the lounge they canít bill them and therefore deny access?
Pity.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 13, 18 at 5:05 am
Old Jul 13, 18, 5:11 am

Programs: AC*S100K, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Plat
WK is not a Star Alliance carrier. They also list the locations in which they provide lounge access:
https://www.flyedelweiss.com/en/info...s/lounges.aspx

Denial was correct.

bawm
Air Rarotonga likes this.
Old Jul 13, 18, 5:14 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hi there

My friends just have a flight from EDI to ZRH on WK codeshared on LX (while I have the same over FRA with LH). All in Business Class.
While I do get access my friends who have *G and a LX Business Boarding Pass were denied.
Star Alliance website clearly states access and so does LH website (for *G even not only SEN!)!
LX does not list EDI on their website however...

Is this correct that they were denied?
I reckon that because their *G carrier nor their operating carrier nor the code shared carrier has a contract with the lounge they canít bill them and therefore deny access?
Pity.
WK is a crap airline, especially when you fly intra Europe. Outstations like EDI are a real disaster, waited once more than half an hour to check in - no separate *G / business counter and of course no lounge either. The only good thing they let business passengers really board well ahead and enforce it. Would choose LH anytime out of EDI.

Flying on a WK plane you do not fly *alliance metal even if a *alliance carrier (LX) codeshares it.

At least I think you get now status miles on those infamous codeshares.
Old Jul 13, 18, 5:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
WK 310 (aka LX 8310) is a WK flight, and since they (WK) have no lounge arrangement in EDI, there is no lounge access even if you are in C. (*G is irrelevant in any case)
Old Jul 13, 18, 1:40 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by behuman View Post
WK is a crap airline, especially when you fly intra Europe. Outstations like EDI are a real disaster, waited once more than half an hour to check in - no separate *G / business counter and of course no lounge either.
Flying on a WK plane you do not fly *alliance metal even if a *alliance carrier (LX) codeshares it.
Why are you upset about WK?
WK is no *A Airline, so no *G Benefits and no *A metal flight...
Thought you should know, how the *A rules were working? Operating carrier counts...
Old Jul 14, 18, 12:43 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Shame on WK that they donít make arrangements for pax in J

If the Aspire lounge at EDI is anything like MAN, they were not missing much
Old Jul 15, 18, 2:24 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga View Post
Why are you upset about WK?
WK is no *A Airline, so no *G Benefits and no *A metal flight...
Thought you should know, how the *A rules were working? Operating carrier counts...
I am perfectly aware of this and as a consequence avoid WK like the plague. But LX by putting its flight numbers on WK flights, are nourishing wrong expectations. Like SQ with MI.

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Shame on WK that they donít make arrangements for pax in J

They happily take the money for C without making arrangements. Shame on them indeed!

Search this Thread