Redemption Help Aeroplan booking itinerary help?

Old Jul 9, 18, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Aeroplan booking itinerary help?

Anyone know when Swiss open seats available for booking via Aeroplan points?

Trying to book for next year May and can't seem to find any premium seats.
Old Jul 10, 18, 7:57 am

Programs: LXFF
10 months usually. So you should be able to book until early May for now. Swiss doesn't automatically release seats though, some days never open up. Just booked 4 seats in J on LX in August 2018 (yes 2018) so anything is possible
YSL5577 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 18, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to find route from Chicago to Zurich for business class. I found one but it disappeared for the day i was looking for. It was gone in half an hour.

Sometime early May for my travel, been searching everyday and can't seem to find it.

Other itinirarries are able to book with no issues.

Even premium economy shows no results.
Old Jul 12, 18, 2:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by YSL5577 View Post
I'm trying to find route from Chicago to Zurich for business class. I found one but it disappeared for the day i was looking for. It was gone in half an hour.

Sometime early May for my travel, been searching everyday and can't seem to find it.

Other itinirarries are able to book with no issues.

Even premium economy shows no results.
There is no premium Economy on Swiss.
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:26 am

Programs: LXFF
The routes that get the best availability are YUL, then BOS, then ORD/JFK. LAX/SFO/MIA are pretty hard to get. This is with aeroplan anyways. Miles and more has much better availability (but way more taxes.) I see availability for basically every day with M&M...

Last edited by ced_lx; Jul 12, 18 at 7:32 am
Old Jul 29, 18, 7:54 am

Adding to this thread, if there is a more appropriate place to post this, let me know. I'm trying to book two business awards from NYC or BOS to ZRH in June 2019. Currently, no business awards are showing up on Aeroplan and United. Is there any way to know if these are currently available through M&M? Expertflyer is showing no availability. I can transfer points directly to the program but I'm hesitant without knowing if there is availability and haven't hit the 7,000 point threshold to view actual awards. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 18, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by Danegal View Post
Is there any way to know if these are currently available through M&M
Note that M&M has different quantities of award seats available based on your tier in the program. So when you get somebody to look up availability for you, make sure they are the same tier level as the account from which you will book.
Old Aug 2, 18, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Note that M&M has different quantities of award seats available based on your tier in the program. So when you get somebody to look up availability for you, make sure they are the same tier level as the account from which you will book.
my understanding was that the restriction relates solely to lx. am I wrong??

Search this Thread