Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH A Schengen lounge reopens [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by airoli
But this is not how revenue-maximizing works. Clearly, LX has decided that since the A lounges are so full, they should therefore sell fewer day passes for more $.

These days, more than ever before, $ always trumps "loyalty" for LX and most other airlines. As customers, we have to consider whether we shouldn't take the same view.
I do understand how maximization of revenue works and I agree with your view on loyalty. The advice “they should not sell more day passes” was strictly from the perspective of a status customer who is somewhat annoyed by the new lounge. 3 out of 4 visits last week I could barely find seat (during the day) and on one visit at around 8 p.m. there were seats but they were all out of food, although they are open until 10:30. The chef said they had “miscalculated”...
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
But this is not how revenue-maximizing works. Clearly, LX has decided that since the A lounges are so full, they should therefore sell fewer day passes for more $.

These days, more than ever before, $ always trumps "loyalty" for LX and most other airlines. As customers, we have to consider whether we shouldn't take the same view.
Sad but true.

LX ought to have held off selling day passes until the capacity issues were known & the catering level working properly
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I do understand how maximization of revenue works and I agree with your view on loyalty. The advice “they should not sell more day passes” was strictly from the perspective of a status customer who is somewhat annoyed by the new lounge.
In that case, we are of the same mind.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
49 CHF is a rather steep price even in ZRH. I doubt many take up that offer...? Lounge buddy sells access to the lower quality lounges for 36-37CHF: https://www.loungebuddy.de/ZRH?filte...ource=homepage

I liked the SEN section of the A lounge, although there was no space to be had in the lower level on a friday afternoon. Since we had our share of food on the inbound longhaul we stayed in the silent area upstairs and enjoyed a drink or two.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:55 am

No food at 8pm and unable to get it stocked up? this isnt a small alp restaurant we are talking about.. if LX didnt manage to restock food at the airport at 8pm it says more than enough about them..
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No food at 8pm and unable to get it stocked up? this isnt a small alp restaurant we are talking about.. if LX didnt manage to restock food at the airport at 8pm it says more than enough about them..
I am not sure they were unable to get restocked, I had a feeling that they were quite happy to be able to clean the “front cooking” area early so they could go home on time.
Dianne47 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I'm currently stuck in the FRA Business Lounge and what a downgrade to the Business / Sen lounge in ZRH that is (Business lounge in ZRH is pretty much the SEN lounge mirrored), I shiver by the thought of having to stay here in FRA for 5 hours.
Then you haven't done your homework. There's a lovely Business Lounge in Pier B (used to be an FCL) with much of the FCL furniture and atmosphere (bar service!) retained (at least it was there when I last visited FRA a bit more than a year ago). Definitely nothing to shiver about!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:57 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by ObserverA3
Then you haven't done your homework. There's a lovely Business Lounge in Pier B (used to be an FCL) with much of the FCL furniture and atmosphere (bar service!) retained (at least it was there when I last visited FRA a bit more than a year ago). Definitely nothing to shiver about!
Well, I wasn‘t expecting to be stuck in FRA, but point made, expect the unexpected. I was at the LH Business Lounge in Tier B near gate 26. You had to take an elevator up to it, that already looked horrible, and once in the Lounge, there was nearly no space to sit and a rather meager buffet and definetly no bar service. I was told that there were two LH J lounges, but the agent said they were identical, so I didn‘t bother to check the second one and retreated into the AC Maple Leafe Club.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: LX SEN
In general, the FRA lounges are overcrowded and suck. MUC's lounges are far better.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: A3*G
To clarify, I meant the C lounge close to A26 in FRA (my mistake). Check it out!

And I'm not sure I agree with Nic33; IMHO, LH lounges are now significantly improved over the product as it existed, say, 10 years ago. I also find the MUC lounges as overcrowded as the FRA ones; except, for MUC, you need to do your research on the (three, I think) SEN lounges. Guess what - the smallest one, not well known, stands out - not crowded most of the time, and v classy (bar service again :-)). Really enjoyable. Haven't checked out the MUC main SEN lounge (just past security) for a while; I remember it as not very inspiring and definitely overcrowded.

I'm based in CPH these days - so my frame of reference is what passes for SAS *G lounges (the better of their two products) these days. Frankly, I'll take a(ny) LH C lounge anytime. Even over the (relatively) newly renovated SAS *G lounges at ARN and OSL. Having said that, even SAS doesn't manage to hit the low level of the LX A gates SEN lounge prior to renovation, to bring this back on topic.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: LXFF
The coolest lounge I visited in europe was in ARN. They had a pop up summer business lounge a few years back (not sure if it's a recuring thing). It was furnished with patio furniture and you could make your self a hot dog and other "BBQ" like things. Was pretty neat.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I was told today that Swiss will open a Senator Cafe in 2019. Location - Pier A where the old FCL lounge was located
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HKG1111
I was told today that Swiss will open a Senator Cafe in 2019. Location - Pier A where the old FCL lounge was located
I always wondered what happened to that space, because the new Business Lounge doesn‘t fill it out completely I think. But won‘t it be weird to have a Senator Lounge, then a Business Lounge and another Senator cafe next to it?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Nick Art
But won‘t it be weird to have a Senator Lounge, then a Business Lounge and another Senator cafe next to it?
I presume the Senator Café, if it indeed happens, will use the old spiral staircase entrance of the F lounge. I don't find that weird, and considering how terribly overcrowded the new SEN lounge already is at peak hours, extra capacity is certainly warranted.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I presume the Senator Café, if it indeed happens, will use the old spiral staircase entrance of the F lounge. I don't find that weird, and considering how terribly overcrowded the new SEN lounge already is at peak hours, extra capacity is certainly warranted.
That‘s what I was thinking. As mentioned if I recall correctly (I‘ve never been actually in the old F Lounge), but when coming from the Business Lounge, you walked around the glass thingi where you can look down, through the old Food area you could then turn left and walk to what I think was the old F Lounge entrance? What‘s in its place now? Didn‘t it have a view on Runway 28? Only the reception for the limo, but there must be more?
I wonder if they plan to connect the SEN Lounge and the SEN cafe somehow...

Last edited by Nick Art; Nov 3, 2018 at 3:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.