LX/WK Schedule Change - What happens if I "don't accept"?

Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Question LX/WK Schedule Change - What happens if I "don't accept"?

Dear All,

I recently got an email from Swiss/Edelweiss informing me that my flight in August has had their times changed. The email goes on to ask me to accept/decline.

If I accept, I get the new ticket confirmation.

But, what happens if I decline?

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

RedRobin

Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:28 am

You can switch to another flight or get a refund. Probably this is best done on the phone.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by aflo
Probably this is best done on the phone.
+1
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks. No sure it will help much as I think only they do non-stop,.. oh well.. thanks anyhow.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by RedRobin
Thanks. No sure it will help much as I think only they do non-stop,.. oh well.. thanks anyhow.
Germania flies nonstop too.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Edelweiss is notorious for schedule changes.... this has become worse in recent weeks to the extent that they had to go and express formal excuses to their most important coprorate clients (mostly large travel operators)

What is worse: For their direct customers: their call center agents are not allowed to discuss rebooking options matters with you on the phone. They do require this be done via E-mail corresponence. I really got annyoed last time the cancelled my flight 3 weeks before travel. Because you do send in an e-mail and it takes them several days to give you an answer. I really wished I had booked the flight with Swiss - their call centers would have rebooked me on the phone.

Best course of action is to write them an e-mail what you want. They are pretty OK to book you on any other (indirect) LH Group option (LX, LH; SN, Austrian) (if this suits you better) or on another day with Edelweiss, or refund. Presume you will have a hard time to convince them to rebook on Germania (but you can try).

Tell us about the outcome....
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:34 am
Original Poster

In the end, I will just "go with the flow" and accept the time changes.

The option with Germania, is not an option as they don't fly on the days I need.

The option with a layover flight is more of a hassle than the time change itself...

So, I guess not much to do, but I opened the topic just to understand how it would work in case I did have a "real" need to stick closer to my original times...

Thanks all,

PS. I'm actually happy the outbound the time changed. Saved me a very early wake up... Its the return that is a bit less inconvenient, but not the end of the world...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:13 pm

How much flexibility is there on a schedule change? I'm debating whether to accept or decline the change and call in for options.

I have RAK-ZRH-YYZ coming up booked through Swiss. RAK-ZRH on Edelweiss metal has changed from 14:20 to 10:30 departure. Is it reasonable to leverage the schedule change to rebook different routing even though my original ZRH-YYZ flight on AC isn't affected?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:05 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
How much flexibility is there on a schedule change? I'm debating whether to accept or decline the change and call in for options.

I have RAK-ZRH-YYZ coming up booked through Swiss. RAK-ZRH on Edelweiss metal has changed from 14:20 to 10:30 departure. Is it reasonable to leverage the schedule change to rebook different routing even though my original ZRH-YYZ flight on AC isn't affected?
Out of RAK there is only another LX flight to GVA which departs at 11:50. The flights from LH to MUC and FRA (if it's one of those days where they operated) usually depart between 15:00-18:00, although some times there is one at noon. Other than that there is also the option of Austrian over VIE. You'd need to check the date and I'd suggest you to check your options.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by venomtrilogy
. RAK-ZRH on Edelweiss metal has changed from 14:20 to 10:30 departure. Is it reasonable to leverage the schedule change to rebook different routing even though my original ZRH-YYZ flight on AC isn't affected?
No it is not. Swiss is not going to rebook you OAL. Ask for a full refund if you don't want to travel this early, and book elsewhere.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:35 am

I have a new schedule change question - I booked through Swiss, who operate my outbound. However my inbound was originally operated by LH TBS-MUC-BKK. I just got an email saying my flight MUC-BKK moved up 90min, which in itself is fine, but they very quietly removed the LH tail logo from the flight on the website and then when you click the flight number, says that it is now operated by Sunexpress Germany, and then when you go look at LH.com you can see that that's actually operated by a Eurowings plane/crew for Sunexpress...

They kept the same LH flight number and just hid the change of operator away from most people (certainly not mentioned in the email).

How much chance to I have of getting rerouted? There aren't any other LH-group flights from TBS other than the one into MUC.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SirJman

How much chance to I have of getting rerouted? There aren't any other LH-group flights from TBS other than the one into MUC.
Then you have your answer.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:58 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by SirJman
I have a new schedule change question - I booked through Swiss, who operate my outbound. However my inbound was originally operated by LH TBS-MUC-BKK. I just got an email saying my flight MUC-BKK moved up 90min, which in itself is fine, but they very quietly removed the LH tail logo from the flight on the website and then when you click the flight number, says that it is now operated by Sunexpress Germany, and then when you go look at LH.com you can see that that's actually operated by a Eurowings plane/crew for Sunexpress...

They kept the same LH flight number and just hid the change of operator away from most people (certainly not mentioned in the email).

I think you have a fair chance to get rerouted. Try TBS-MUC-FRA-BKK or TBS-MUC-ZRH-BKK
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art

I think you have a fair chance to get rerouted. Try TBS-MUC-FRA-BKK or TBS-MUC-ZRH-BKK
They first offered TBS-MUC-FRA-BKK. I asked, if they'd put me on TK instead being a *A partner and they did it without any issue.
goliath likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
I want to just quickly add a data point here in case others find it useful:

Yesterday Swiss changed my flight on 24/8/2020 from a codeshare (operated by SQ) SIN-ZRH and then LX to VCE, leaving at 01.25 from SIN. It was changed to LX metal flight leaving 24/8 evening at 23.30. I did not accept, then was asked to call Swiss. I did so, with alternative flight already at hand (00.30 - SQ SIN-MUC, LH MUC-VCE). Process was quick, friendly service and no problems. When ticket re-issued, business had been bumped up from P class to D class (LX ticket stock).

I found service to be very friendly, competent and willing to accommodate specific requests despite fare and fare class differences. Granted, I was switching to other LH group codeshare, but I had the feeling if I had asked for any combination of flights within LH group it would have been no problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.