Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH terminal E LX FCL visit on FRA-ZRH-MUC-HKG ... enough time?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

ZRH terminal E LX FCL visit on FRA-ZRH-MUC-HKG ... enough time?

I'm contemplating routing through ZRH just to experience the LX FCL in terminal E on my way to a LH 1st segment MUC-HKG.

Given my schedule the only way I can find for me to do this puts me arriving ZRH at 5:20 PM (on LX in biz) and departing for MUC at 7:35 PM (on LH in 1st).

Should this be enough time to get to the lounge and enjoy a cocktail, maybe a meal, and take a look around before my next flight?

Or should I just route direct from FRA-MUC-HKG and save it for another time?

Cheers,
Grady
Old May 14, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: LXFF
I would just take more time to enjoy the lounge in MUC.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by grady4
I'm contemplating routing through ZRH just to experience the LX FCL in terminal E on my way to a LH 1st segment MUC-HKG.

Given my schedule the only way I can find for me to do this puts me arriving ZRH at 5:20 PM (on LX in biz) and departing for MUC at 7:35 PM (on LH in 1st).

Should this be enough time to get to the lounge and enjoy a cocktail, maybe a meal, and take a look around before my next flight?

Cheers,
Grady
Having to get from A to E & then back again is far from relaxing & then all needs to be ontime.
I would just head to MUC & Enjoy the FCT for your start.
New ZRH A lounge is far from perfect & your time restrictions could mean you spending the time there.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Are you planning on doing this on one ticket?
Old May 14, 2018, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63

Having to get from A to E & then back again is far from relaxing & then all needs to be ontime.
I would just head to MUC & Enjoy the FCT for your start.
New ZRH A lounge is far from perfect & your time restrictions could mean you spending the time there.
Yes this was my primary concern, going from A to E and back to A again.

Frankly I'm leaning towards just FRA-MUC-HKG since I can't get at least ~3 hours in ZRH, but my opportunities to have access to the LX FCL are very few and far between.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's just a room. I would not fly out of my way to spend a couple of hours there. In fact, if I could save the time I'd avoid it completely! But I get that people are different.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Are you planning on doing this on one ticket?
Yes, one ticket.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's just a room. I would not fly out of my way to spend a couple of hours there. In fact, if I could save the time I'd avoid it completely! But I get that people are different.
10-4.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I wouldn’t go via ZRH, as much as I like the FCL in E, as the detour subtracts from your experience in FRA and MUC.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:03 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Cheers,
Grady
I'd say at this time it's definetly possible. (early enough to not get into the rush of all the late long haul departures) Keep in mind you'll have to go through passport control in either E or D to get to the Lounge.

However, are you sure the ZRH - MUC segment is in LH F? There are no F cabins nor fares on that route. It must be Bus J. There was a rule once somewhere that you could only visit one FCL and the one at the Airport from which the flight is departing/arriving only in LH group, but I think somebody mentioned it isn't really enforced.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I'd say at this time it's definetly possible. (early enough to not get into the rush of all the late long haul departures) Keep in mind you'll have to go through passport control in either E or D to get to the Lounge.

However, are you sure the ZRH - MUC segment is in LH F? There are no F cabins nor fares on that route. It must be Bus J. There was a rule once somewhere that you could only visit one FCL and the one at the Airport from which the flight is departing/arriving only in LH group, but I think somebody mentioned it isn't really enforced.
If it's a direct feeder flight, it's allowed. If it's on different ticket they might already give you a hard time in ZRH, and simply refuse entry in GVA (in GVA even on the same ticket if it's not a direct feeder from/to the F flight, ie SIN-FRA-ZRH-GVA-BRU won't give you access to the FCL in GVA..)

5.30pm from A to E should be relatively quiet, and similar so at 7pm from E to A.

I didn't found ZRH FCL to have really good cocktails (not really a bar, and the Whisky bar which can made some cocktails is in the SEN, not the FCL - which is quite good for Champagne, though ) - something all of ZRH is lacking, even the old smokers bar in A never really made good cocktails, but some more regular visitors might chime in.

Food-wise, 2hrs will do. You'll take approx 15min from A to E, and should leave no later than 45min before departure (if you're unfamiliar with the airport) from E to A, so that leaves roughly 1hr to spend in the E lounge, enough for a meal and a few glasses of Champagne.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:04 am

Lot of walking but it is doable. If you really want to see the ZRH F lounge (I personally like it better than the ne F lounge in MUC) then go for it. This is flyertalk, so normal logic dies not apply.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes this was my primary concern, going from A to E and back to A again.

Frankly I'm leaning towards just FRA-MUC-HKG since I can't get at least ~3 hours in ZRH, but my opportunities to have access to the LX FCL are very few and far between.
It is one of the best FCL’s out there & if your so familiar with the FRA & MUC lounges, just go for it, this is FT after all 😁
Old May 15, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

I didn't found ZRH FCL to have really good cocktails (not really a bar, and the Whisky bar which can made some cocktails is in the SEN, not the FCL - which is quite good for Champagne
But you can ask to visit the SEN lounge to select a good whisky. The staff will bring you there and back - have done this multiple times.

Old May 16, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alinghi90

But you can ask to visit the SEN lounge to select a good whisky. The staff will bring you there and back - have done this multiple times.
Bizarre that there are better Whisky’s in SEN lounge than FCL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.