Plush toy plane

Old May 5, 18, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Plush toy plane

Yesterday when boarding, I noticed that the crew had installed a nice set-up in the galley with a bottle of Champagne, two wine glasses and a cool little stuffed toy płane with LX colors on display. I looked at the duty-free magazine to buy one of those cute little plane for my daughter but couldn't find it. Is this something that is sold on board, at the airport or just a toy they give to young children for free? If it's the latter, would asking for one to bring back to my daughter be frowned upon by the crew? I am flying in J if that makes a difference.
Old May 5, 18, 10:00 am

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
Yesterday when boarding, I noticed that the crew had installed a nice set-up in the galley with a bottle of Champagne, two wine glasses and a cool little stuffed toy płane with LX colors on display. I looked at the duty-free magazine to buy one of those cute little plane for my daughter but couldn't find it. Is this something that is sold on board, at the airport or just a toy they give to young children for free? If it's the latter, would asking for one to bring back to my daughter be frowned upon by the crew? I am flying in J if that makes a difference.
The Champagne is probably from the Surprise someone special range you can buy in advance on Swiss.com

Small plush plane, LH hand out to Children regularly & likely the same on LX, for sure you can ask for one of those.
Old May 6, 18, 3:56 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Yes, Swiss gave one of these to our little boy when we were flying in business class. Very cute!
Definitely ask the next time you fly with them.
Old May 7, 18, 11:01 am

Programs: LXFF
I've gotten a few as well. They sometimes give them with dutty free purchases. Purchased an outrageously priced La Prairie creme for my mom once and they gave me a plush toy with it. They have a few sizes as well.
Old May 8, 18, 2:20 pm

This little plane has a name - Swissli!

One time I was in intra-Europe Y and asked for one. The FA said they were only for children. I tried saying I loved to collect airplane memorabilia and that it was my birthday (both true!). She said they're for children and that she didn't have any more anyway.

The next time I flew in TATL J, I asked for one again, and got one no questions asked. It's very cute. It now sits next to my Lufthansa ducks.

Conclusion: If you're not a child, don't expect anything extra in Y. Attempts in J are much more successful.

Last edited by midnightmartini; May 9, 18 at 9:40 am Reason: Updated name of the toy per @flyswiss Instagram
Old May 9, 18, 1:45 am

Programs: *G
anyone have pics of these toys? would like to grab one for our god daughter
Old May 9, 18, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by deniah View Post
anyone have pics of these toys? would like to grab one for our god daughter
They have a photo here on their Instagram

Old May 15, 18, 3:46 pm

They are given to infants. Next time you fly, look for a family that looks to be frequent travellers. My kid has been given approximately 100 of these and now just gives them to the dog to chew up! We'd happily donate a spare if I could find one that isn't covered in dog slobber.
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old May 16, 18, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Got one, thanks! My daughter loves it. I just asked the MaÓtre de Cabine and she was happy to give me one.
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:22 pm

Lost ours :(

My 2yr old was given one on our flight this past Sept and he lost it while we were out today. Itís one of his favourite toys, now heís devastated and Iím trying to figure out how to buy him a replacement
Old Jan 12, 19, 10:22 pm

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Zonia Lam Bevacqua View Post
My 2yr old was given one on our flight this past Sept and he lost it while we were out today. Itís one of his favourite toys, now heís devastated and Iím trying to figure out how to buy him a replacement
Try contacting LX on Twitter or Facebook
Old Jan 14, 19, 11:45 am

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by Zonia Lam Bevacqua View Post
The small one or the bigger one? The smaller one has a finger hole.
Dhamal likes this.
Old Jan 29, 19, 5:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
Became father few months ago. I was traveling solo and could not resist to take one back to my daughter. Politely asked to Maitre de cabin and got one as well. my daughter love it! Thanks SWISS!
chris63, worldclubber and ced_lx like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: