Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to security priority lane for FTL LH*S?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH*S
What happened to security priority lane for FTL LH*S?

Good morning.
Since early March (at least) FTL (silver) flying economy in LX would get a "Priority" boarding pass that worked for the security "fast lane". I have done a couple of trips from GVA in economy, with connection in ZRH and all boarding passes had that "Priority" black band.
That was some kind of nice compensation for the revenue based miles new schema and the end of snacks from GVA.

I have checked in yesterday for a flight I am taking today, in economy (Light), and the priority band is no longer there.
Why? Was this a "bug" in the system? Or was it intended and it depends on something else than the traveller status and the fare?

Thank you in advance for any light (pun intended) on this.
Pedro
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It seems to no longer work at GVA, but it certainly works for me leaving from ZRH (I tend to take the train to ZRH for my flights now as there is a better choice from there). It's worth paying the 10 francs for the priority security at GVA if you know the airport is going to be busy. It can be very busy during winter ski weekends and during the Auto Show, when it can be crazy. Buying priority security saved me once on a Sunday morning, when the normal security lines snaked back outside the terminal. You can get it at Genève Aéroport - Accueil and it has to be purchased the day before, up to midnight.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: LX SEN
As FTL, you do not get the "priority" strip on your boarding pass, but the electronic gates at the priority lanes (both in the Swiss and French sectors) will open upon presentation of your boarding pass.
pedrin likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
As a FTL you do not get access to the Priority Lane: see
http://www.gva.ch/Portaldata/1/Resou...y-Lane_GVA.pdf

only "First Class and Business Class passengers, HON Circle, Senator and Gold card holders."

But I would follow the advice of Nic33 and try it anyhow next time you depart from GVA.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH*S
Indeed it worked. Nice to know. Many thanks for your help.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pedrin
Indeed it worked. Nice to know. Many thanks for your help.
Didn’t work for me last time I tried. I’ll have to give it a go again next time I go through GVA.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Work always for me

last time it was mid march.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: LX SEN
On another note, I find the new priority access in GVA quite good. I also find that, in practice, the GVA priority lane really helps, unlike many other priority accesses where there is virtually no gain in time as you get stuck with many other passengers.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Didn’t work for me last time I tried. I’ll have to give it a go again next time I go through GVA.
Did you have your Miles and More number linked to the booking and BP? It happened to me before, changing the number to credit the miles to another *A FFP and finding myself unable to use the "automated" priority lane.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I actually don’t participate in another Star Alliance FFP at the moment. I’ll see what happens next time I go through.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Just to double check, do J pax still get access to the Priority Lane at GVA?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Just to double check, do J pax still get access to the Priority Lane at GVA?
business yes:

https://www.gva.ch/en/Site/Passagers...onal-air-lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.