LX Recognition of status passengers [onboard or elsewhere]

Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by oliver2002
As a SEN I've had zero extra treatment in LX C. At most the MdC will come and say hallo or the FA will discreetely ask for your menu choice ahead of the meal service (unlike UA where they will purposely ignore you after asking a 1K or GS seated next to you or at most send a "later, honey" in your direction). Once I had the MdC repeatedly try to talk to me in French for some reason. I suppose its part of the SWISSness to react to non German looking Germans who speak German...
+1, no extra treatment as SEN in any class of service. Seat reservation disregarded, i.e. bumped, about 70% of the time in C and 90% in Y. If you complain, they explain that you have not paid for it anyway ...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Seat reservation disregarded, i.e. bumped, about 70% of the time in C and 90% in Y. If you complain, they explain that you have not paid for it anyway ...
That is weird. Never had an issue on a consistent basis, whether with or without status. Your IT profile may be bugged.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by Nic33
That is weird. Never had an issue on a consistent basis, whether with or without status. Your IT profile may be bugged.
... yes, may be intentionally bugged ;-) But seriously, on LX C Class longhaul I often (not always) loose the "throne seats" or the individual seat starboard side. As far as I can tell, usually to the spouse of the captain. On short haul C I only lost it once to a HON, but mostly it's respected. On shorthaul Y I usually lose exit row, again to friends & family - and often with that also aisle seat (middle seat in the back).

But even my non-status work colleagues have lost about 80% of their paid (!) seat assignments on LX without compensation, which is even worse in my view (but off-topic in this thread).
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by swiss_global
... yes, may be intentionally bugged ;-) But seriously, on LX C Class longhaul I often (not always) loose the "throne seats" or the individual seat starboard side. As far as I can tell, usually to the spouse of the captain. On short haul C I only lost it once to a HON, but mostly it's respected. On shorthaul Y I usually lose exit row, again to friends & family - and often with that also aisle seat (middle seat in the back).

But even my non-status work colleagues have lost about 80% of their paid (!) seat assignments on LX without compensation, which is even worse in my view (but off-topic in this thread).
From my personal experience this is exactly the case as you say it. 2 times I was taking SWISS in Y for my vacation and both times we had (+1 and myself) exit row seats reserved and confirmed. During check in we got different seats and no discussion. even with the printout of their own confirmation for the seats they did not care. I do not know why. Once the even offered me to pay 1000 CHF to move up fron per person if I would like a better seat.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I feel like I’m flying a different airline to the other posters in this thread.

When I was [an LH] SEN I never had a seat assignment changed on LX, was usually greeted by name and was always given a bottle of water at minimum. Also, I speak to the crew in English and don’t speak German or French, and was never made to feel lesser as a result.

I remember traveling with UA*S pax and they were all blown away by how the crew treated them TATL, they still talk about it.

As HON I feel like on average the LX crew treat me better than on LH, and in the lounges the LDs usually express their thanks for flying with them so much.

Maybe as SEN I was just lucky but it’s unfortunate to hear of others not being treated as well.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:09 pm

Just booked a flight in September on Swiss business class via United website. Could not choose my seat on the united website. After a day, I was automatically assigned 5A. I wanted 4A or 6A on their A330 due to the extra space so I called Swiss and asked for a seat reassignment. Was told that was a $130 upcharge. First time I ever heard of an upcharge for certain seats in business class.

Nevermind then, give me 7K or 11K. Sorry, those are reserved for Swiss Members only...

In the end, I took 8K & 12K
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes the Thrones are only free to HON/SEN.
Thrones no longer available for free (except HON/SEN)
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by CHUD
First time I ever heard of an upcharge for certain seats in business...
Don‘t get me wrong, I hate it, too, but LX is certainly not the first airline to do this. BA has been charging for seat reservations for a long time, with a hefty upcharge for upper deck on their B744.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Flyers Talk
..... and Swiss cabin crew is giving .... to what your status is, unless it's their own (or LH's HON circle). Very disappointed with Swiss' service. Flew ZRH - JNB on Mon 17th Nov in Frist. Connected into ZRH with Swiss from LIS. On arrival in ZRH had an off gate parking position but no Limo Transfer was provided from the plane to Lounge. Standard lounge comfort at Terminal A. Again no Limousine Transfer provided to the departure gate although JNB gate (section D) is a good 20 min walk away from Lounge. Basic shower fascilities - nothing compares to the excellent service and hight standards of LH's FRA Frist Class Terminal. Flying back with Swiss end Jan and will check if the E Lounge service is any better
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:19 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I must admit that the recognition on LX as a *G is pretty good. The family member of mine has received Two op ups on European routes (LHR and FCO), including his +1. And they were also always greeted by name and given a bottle of water by the MdC.
I must say I‘m looking forward to this reognition
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I can't sense whether I get special treatment or not. In F, the MDC greets everyone. And when I look around the cabin I never see anyone else getting special treatment, so that rules out HONs getting something.

I do always get extras when I ask for it. I'll sometimes ask for a whole box of the Sprungli, and they always oblige. But can't tell if that's an F thing or a SEN thing.

When I flew business on the short-hauls, I couldn't sense any difference in treatment. I never felt treated poorly, but just nothing outstanding. What can they do for you on a one hour flight? I also get nothing special when I do economy segments shorthaul or business segments longhaul.

I'm not complaining. I don't particularly care. I could do without an extra 5 minutes of forced small talk by someone who obviously has better things to do than to talk to me. I think as long as I continue to get free stuff I'll be happy.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
In F everyone gets the same special treatment which is nice.

In short-haul J, as LH HON I definitely feel I get special treatment on LX. Rarely on LH.

On LX, most MdCs go out of their way to greet me personally by name, give me flight information, ask if everything is ok and if they can do anything at all during the flight. I am often with my partner (SEN) who doesn’t get the same greeting which can sometimes be met with eye-rolls afterwards lol
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:28 am

Oh interesting. I thought everyone was asked/given that.

cool
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There is none. Once on the plane you are like every other passenger, on the same bus going to the same place. The last time I got any recognition was back in the days of SWISS TravelClub. As FTL I get nothing now. But standards at SWISS have dropped way way down recently. The only LH Group airline that seems to have maintained standards is Austrian. Or myAustrian. Or whatever it's called.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:37 am

I would be really surprised if there was special recognition for FTL. When you add up all the HONs and SENs and FTLs that might be sitting on a flight, I’m sure it’s impossible for FAs to efficiently do their work while recognizing everyone with status.

Happy to to be proven wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.