Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lounge in A [opened 05MAR2018]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Currently, the end of the corridor leads to a building site where the reception of the old FCL used to be.

Not very fancy as is:

Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I have been to the new lounge now about 5 times. Really it is a mixed bag. The lounge is stylish and design is Swiss like. Security is fast a The bar is a great idea but similar to the E lounge no real buffet. Just getting a coffee or so and something to eat will take its time as you need help. They always have personnel around but they are still uncoordinated. The quality is mixed too. While you get good coffee the toilet paper is (3 star hotel hard) not adequate for a FCL. This is ver
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Currently, the end of the corridor leads to a building site where the reception of the old FCL used to be.

Not very fancy as is:

Yes, lots of corridors, hopefully it’s going to improve, whilst it’s an improvement on the old A lounge, it’s not in the same league as the E lounge, ok for a short visit but given time E lounge is the place to be !
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: LH HON
Spent almost 4 hours at the Lounge and at least agree with the following:
a) noise level is a bit to high both due to the open kitchen and the bar at the center
b) I used one of the three office cubes and was surpirsed to see that had no ceiling and hence you share any conversation you might have with your "neigbours", in addition I really don't see any use for the open office directly opposite to the entrance to the restrooms.

BUT, the service was excellent, very friendly and attentive. Food was pretty good, and I didn't miss the windows at all.

By the way, if you're looking for the entrance from the duty free area, it almost seems like they want to hide it ....

cheers
HON_Hunter
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=I used one of the three office cubes and was surpirsed to see that had no ceiling and hence you share any conversation you might have with your "neigbours"[/QUOTE]

Yes, that’s rather strange

Hopefully they will correct that & make them more private
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by HON_Hunter
By the way, if you're looking for the entrance from the duty free area, it almost seems like they want to hide it ....
Exactly!

​​​
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I summarised some thoughts which seem to be in line with some of the feedback here and put them in a post to SwissLurker, as a way to pass the message: Constructive criticism of new First Lounge in A

Did that for everybody else to add and chime in with more comments for him/her
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:22 am

Dear all,

on the website Swiss list as an amenity a smokers lounge / humidor with indoor / outdoor area as part of the F lounge. Can any one confirm that there is such ?

many thanks

LS
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laoshu
Dear all,

on the website Swiss list as an amenity a smokers lounge / humidor with indoor / outdoor area as part of the F lounge. Can any one confirm that there is such ?

many thanks

LS
Yes, there is a smokers lounge within the FCL A
Old May 25, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
I will fly ZRH-BOS-ZRH in F in a week and have a few questions:

1. Can I go to the A Lounge, have a drink and then driven by car to the E Lounge ? Apparently the E-Lounge seems to be nicer to spend some time.
2. From the E-Lounge, I will walk to the E-Gate, correct ? Is there any kind of priority for the secondary security checks that they do for US-bound flights ?
3. On the flight back to ZRH, will they drive me from the E-Gate to the main terminal ?
Old May 25, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by huegli

1. Can I go to the A Lounge, have a drink and then driven by car to the E Lounge ? Apparently the E-Lounge seems to be nicer to spend some time.
2. From the E-Lounge, I will walk to the E-Gate, correct ? Is there any kind of priority for the secondary security checks that they do for US-bound flights ?
3. On the flight back to ZRH, will they drive me from the E-Gate to the main terminal ?
1. Yes & E lounge is much nicer !
2. Walk to gate for passport check in priority lane.
3. That is planned for Summer but not yet in operation.
worldclubber likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by huegli
The E lounge is much nicer, unless you are crazy about grappa. One of the largest selections of grappa is the only thing the lounge in A has over the lounge in E.

Other than that, I would second chris63's answer 100 percent.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The E lounge is much nicer, unless you are crazy about grappa. One of the largest selections of grappa is the only thing the lounge in A has over the lounge in E..
I have been struggling to find anything better about A lounge but your right, although is anyone crazy about Grappa ? Some of it’s like rocket fuel
Old May 25, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
I have been struggling to find anything better about A lounge but your right, although is anyone crazy about Grappa ? Some of it’s like rocket fuel
I am not a big fan of grappa either. And when I asked in the A lounge for a recommendation the lady behind the counter said she does not know much about grappa and cannot really recommend anything. Bad training.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

. And when I asked in the A lounge for a recommendation the lady behind the counter said she does not know much about grappa and cannot really recommend anything. Bad training.
Maybe She had too much ‘training’ it’s powerful stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.