Search

ZRH-SIN: LX178 changed to LX176?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:48 am
htb
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
ZRH-SIN: LX178 changed to LX176?

I've never had this happen to me before, so I thought I'll mention it here.

I have bought a ticket for August 2018 for the route ZRH-SIN on LX178. The ticket was issued, i.e. I received a ticket number.

Sometime last week I say that the United App showed this segment as "waitlisted", even though everything seemed fine on the SWISS website and on checkmytrip. When I logged into my United account, there was a note of a "schedule change", and whether I'd agree to that change or not.

Closer inspection revealed that the only thing that has changed was the flight number: LX 176 instead of LX 178. Same times, same date, same type of plane. Currently the route is still flown as LX 178, but this seems to change at some point this year.

Has something like this happened to you in the past? Why would an airline go through the trouble of changing the flight numbers when tickets have already been issued?

HTB.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Dear fellow FTers,

I just deleted 4 posts that wereOT and in part offensive and a violation of the FT rules.

This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic and discuss in a friendly and respectful manner.

Have a nice day

totti
co-moderator M&M forum
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:21 pm

Indeed. Sometime later this year, LX178/LX179 does become LX176/177.

Reasons? I don't know..
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Indeed. Sometime later this year, LX178/LX179 does become LX176/177.

Reasons? I don't know..
Happende dto me late January - reward booking ADL-TLV via SIN and ZRH-ADL via SIN - one reservation auto reissued/confirmed with brand new ticket number -
Other reservation - connection SQ flight was waitlisted -confirmed online - then flight disappeared - called UA 1K line - they were able after much time and angst able to rebook me on the same SQ connecting flight -
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
My guess is that is has something to do with the change to Daylight Saving time in Switzerland. Until the 24th of March, it has been LX178, after Sunday (the first day after we turned back our watches for one hour), the flight goes under LX176 and therefore arrives in SIN one hour earlier (actually even at 4.55 PM instead of 6.00 PM). The more annoying thing is that I had seats reserved in the mini cabin for my brother and me, but because of the switch of the flight Nr., we have been automatically reseated to 8D/G from 5 A/B which was very annoying because 1) I love to have a window 2) the mini cabin is of course preferable 3) there were no other 2 Seats Window/Aisle available anymore and 4) why do they change the seats if nothing has changed besides the flight nr? Would it have been so difficult to just assign the same seats again? Anyway, after some calls, LX waived the 200$ fee per seat for the single throne seats, to which we switched right now which is a good way of handling such an issue in my opinion.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Swissairasia
My guess is that is has something to do with the change to Daylight Saving time in Switzerland. Until the 24th of March, it has been LX178, after Sunday (the first day after we turned back our watches for one hour), the flight goes under LX176 and therefore arrives in SIN one hour earlier (actually even at 4.55 PM instead of 6.00 PM). The more annoying thing is that I had seats reserved in the mini cabin for my brother and me, but because of the switch of the flight Nr., we have been automatically reseated to 8D/G from 5 A/B which was very annoying because 1) I love to have a window 2) the mini cabin is of course preferable 3) there were no other 2 Seats Window/Aisle available anymore and 4) why do they change the seats if nothing has changed besides the flight nr? Would it have been so difficult to just assign the same seats again? Anyway, after some calls, LX waived the 200$ fee per seat for the single throne seats, to which we switched right now which is a good way of handling such an issue in my opinion.
I was told by LX it is to do with the callsign & LX we’re asked to make the change.

A booking I made on LX, I also lost all of my seat reservations including the feeder flights, and I’m in First, called the HON line & they restored my original seats, which must have meant re seating those that had booked them after I lost mine.......... issue with the seats was LX IT after the flight number changed....
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by chris63
A booking I made on LX, I also lost all of my seat reservations including the feeder flights,
Yes, also based on my experience Swiss loses all seat reservations if the flight number of one segment changes. This is part of their concept of excellence ... (and one of many experiences which make me avoid LX like hell or high water today).
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:44 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
I also experienced the flight number change on this route. I also lost my favorite seat (6A) to a crappy middle seat. Horrible. Have upgraded to F now though so I don't care anymore. But indeed I was quite pissed originally.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbr
I also experienced the flight number change on this route. I also lost my favorite seat (6A) to a crappy middle seat. Horrible. Have upgraded to F now though so I don't care anymore. But indeed I was quite pissed originally.
I lost 1A on outbound & return, only remaining seats were in the middle, so I was very pissed..... but HON service at LX got me back 👍

Oddly I have LH tickets on this routing with LX legs outbound & those seats were not lost, so purely a LX IT thing...
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Why can’t they get this seating thing right, despite the change of flight number? If it’s the same aircraft is it really so difficult to transfer the same seating across?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Why can’t they get this seating thing right, despite the change of flight number? If it’s the same aircraft is it really so difficult to transfer the same seating across?
Exactly, presumably their IT is not up to it & they could not be bothered to do it manually & not even for Status pax & First pax....
very poor !
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: LX SEN
Well I checked twice, but my 1A seat allocation for my trip to SIN in June is still in the system despite the flight number change. Ticket is LX-tkt-stock, but not booked through LX.com. I assigned the seats via the call center shortly after booking a few months back.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:41 am

Booked the SIN route.. twice on (all 4) flights only very limited choice of seats in F available..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.