Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss - Seat Selection-No Option

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Swiss - Seat Selection-No Option

Very disappointed with Swiss profile -no option to seat selection page in my profile.

I have a booking Syd-Lax-Zrh-Bud-Zrh=Hkg-Syd ticketed in Business x 2 PAX June 2018

First flight is with United & last Cathay Pacific

With both United & Cathay Pacific I can edit the seat selection.

Not so with Swiss there is no option in my profile to edit seat selection with their legs,.do I have to have a First Class booking before they let you edit the seat seat selection? as it appears that Business Class passengers mean little to them.

Why do I have to ring my travel agent to do this simple procedure?

SWISS your IT sucks big time.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robertr
Very disappointed with Swiss profile -no option to seat selection page in my profile.

I have a booking Syd-Lax-Zrh-Bud-Zrh=Hkg-Syd ticketed in Business x 2 PAX June 2018

First flight is with United & last Cathay Pacific

With both United & Cathay Pacific I can edit the seat selection.

Not so with Swiss there is no option in my profile to edit seat selection with their legs,.do I have to have a First Class booking before they let you edit the seat seat selection? as it appears that Business Class passengers mean little to them.

Why do I have to ring my travel agent to do this simple procedure?

SWISS your IT sucks big time.
I can only presume that my experience is widespread.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
The Swiss IT works - more or less - in an acceptable way for the simplest cases: That means if you book point to point, directly on Swiss.com.
Anything beyond that: Tough luck.
Even when you book directly with Swiss, the IT is giving you quite a hard time when it comes to reserving seats.
In Economy, you mostly need to pay for it and even that can fail or your seats can get lost.
In First, Swiss likes to play hide and seek with their seat-blocking, although I think that this has recently improved a bit, and you'd have a chance to catch a window seat even as a non-status passenger.

Both your long haul legs in business will likely be on a 777. Even if you could reserve seats, you'd discover that you're only left with the least preferred seats to choose from unless you pay or have a SEN/HON status.
- The single "throne" seats would likely cost you USD 200 per person per leg.
- The almost equally wide preferred seats in the pairs of two seats in the center are blocked for SEN/HON down to row 11, so you can only get the last rows.
- All that's left over are the narrow two seaters by the window which have almost no storage space near the seat, or the "mother in law" (narrow) seats in the center pairs, and the center pairs in from rows 12-17.

I hope that your travel agent can fix it for you and get you something acceptable.
Once on board, I'm fine with the business longhaul product, but the IT part is definitely customer-UNfriendly on many levels. Not just the seat selection.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jan 28, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just call LX. It will take you about two minutes to get a seat assigned in J.

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Both your long haul legs in business will likely be on a 777. Even if you could reserve seats, you'd discover that you're only left with the least preferred seats to choose from unless you pay or have a SEN/HON status.
- The almost equally wide preferred seats in the pairs of two seats in the center are blocked for SEN/HON down to row 11, so you can only get the last rows.
- All that's left over are the narrow two seaters by the window which have almost no storage space near the seat, or the "mother in law" (narrow) seats in the center pairs, and the center pairs in from rows 12-17.
Well this is 100% spot on. Just booked LX39 for April and literally every good seat in the 62 seat J cabin is either blocked, costs $199 US, or is already taken. I've got 17G, and hoping either that something better opens at check-in or that there're no infants in the bassinet Y seats right behind me.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
The Swiss IT works - more or less - in an acceptable way for the simplest cases: That means if you book point to point, directly on Swiss.com.
Anything beyond that: Tough luck.
Even when you book directly with Swiss, the IT is giving you quite a hard time when it comes to reserving seats.
In Economy, you mostly need to pay for it and even that can fail or your seats can get lost.
In First, Swiss likes to play hide and seek with their seat-blocking, although I think that this has recently improved a bit, and you'd have a chance to catch a window seat even as a non-status passenger.

I hope that your travel agent can fix it for you and get you something acceptable.
Once on board, I'm fine with the business longhaul product, but the IT part is definitely customer-UNfriendly on many levels. Not just the seat selection.
Thank you Lounge Lizard,

Yes both legs are 777 so being x 2 PAX I opted for 5a & 5B LAX-Zrh & 8a & 8b for Zrh-Hkg, whilst these seats are not ideal,my experience with the A340 for identical seating was OK.

It appears that cash paying customers are a burden for SWISS.I refuse to pay extra for a superior seat,SWISS does not have a clue on giving customer satisfaction.

Finally Intra Europe Business Class is a disgrace, we are spoilt in Australia with Virgin & Qantas business seating is miles ahead.
Last time I was in Zurich on an intra Europe flight there was not even any priority boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.