FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   I love Swiss Y Short-Haul (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1889983-i-love-swiss-y-short-haul.html)

ahmetdouas Jan 23, 2018 9:29 am

I love Swiss Y Short-Haul

I must say I was very impressed with my ATH-LHR-ATH via ZRH with Swiss. The ticket was booked last minute (3 days before departure and cost about 260 EUR return on the light fare. BA and A3 were at least 100 EUR more expensive.)

It was so refreshing to be fed each trip and given as much chocolate as I would like. I was getting used to BA and FR stinginess.

The seat pitch at 31 inch was also generous and I chose a window seat near the front upon online Check-in for free. Planes were all spotless and the the flight attendants were all cheery and helpful. Unless BA or A3 are cheaper or I have to book a one way fare, I will be flying Swiss!

Keep up the good work!

AStarr Jan 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Good to know... I've been looking to consider alternatives given I'm so bored with my current regular affair with SAS and their econ+ excuse for "business". I'd happily take a solid economy product.

airoli Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas (Post 29328970)
The seat pitch at 31 inch was also generous

It is sad to see how much our expectations have been lowered these days... :(

pilatusguy Jan 24, 2018 3:02 am

Glad to hear you like my 2nd home - just make sure you don't take off your shoes please :-) :-)

oliver2002 Jan 24, 2018 3:17 am

Strange... all FTers usually rave about how great A3 is in economy... LH Group service in regional flights is on par with AF-KL or BA...

cas_de Jan 24, 2018 3:46 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 29332504)
Strange... all FTers usually rave about how great A3 is in economy... LH Group service in regional flights is on par with AF-KL or BA...

So far I have only experienced A3 on domestic flights within Greece. A320 - horrible seat pitch, service ok, A321 - great seat pitch, service ok; but I fail to see the greatness of A3 (especially with the OA - A3 mixup). However, I did experience an interesting difference in service between LH and LX on flights MUC-ATH (944 mi great circle) vs. ATH-ZRH (1020 mi great circle):

LH: hot meal, good service
LX (on the longer flight): cold snack, very sober and minmal service

Just my personal observation, but I remember that I did compore both flights after arriving in ZRH and I did feel that the LH service and offerings were substantial better on the flight to ATH than LX's service on the return flight. Your own experience may vary.

On a positive note though, all three of us (Mrs. cas_de and cas_de jr.) were rebooked from an OS flight ATH-VIE to the LX flight ATH-ZRH due to a storm in VIE/MUC less than one hour before the LX flight did depart ATH. They managed to pull all of our luggage (including stroller) from the OS flight, retag them and load them on the LX flight and clearing up the first row in Y for us so that we can sit together as a family. Both the LH/LX/OS station manager in ATH and the MdC on the LX flight did do a great job here.

ahmetdouas Jan 24, 2018 3:53 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 29332504)

The reason I didn't fly A3 is that they were at least 100-150 EUR more expensive to fly direct instead of a ZRH stopover. I would always fly Swiss unless A3 are the same price/cheaper, which they never seem to be especially on their 'blue ribband' LHR route which is pretty much price immune as most of the wealthiest Greeks or their children have properties/study/work there!
I like A3, but will not pay such a premium just to fly them.

LX I felt was very generous, the chocolates alone made me so happy! ZRH is also very easy to transit and a nice walk to stretch your legs.
I mean think about BA and FR, BA literally starves you and doesn't even give you a glass of bottled water and FR flies to the end of the world, STN! LX goes to LHR T2, why on earth would I fly either of them over LX, unless they were much cheaper!
I only fly FR if its stupidly cheap (like 150 EUR return max), LX seems to be about 250 EUR return most of the time.

GRALISTAIR Jan 24, 2018 6:45 am

Good to know - I have a flight booked with them late February MAN-ZRH

LacMajeur Jan 24, 2018 10:44 pm

I really enjoyed their new Bombardier CS100 and CS300 fleet.

Flew GVA > MAD in Economy for 39 francs and was impressed by the classy and bright 3-2 cabin.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e2b0a1b18c.jpg

worldclubber Jan 25, 2018 7:27 am

Originally Posted by LacMajeur (Post 29336488)

Flew GVA > MAD in Economy for 39 francs and was impressed by the classy and bright 3-2 cabin.

It does look nice, although a bit to bling-bling for me, but the seat pitch is unacceptable.

ahmetdouas Jan 25, 2018 8:32 am

Originally Posted by LacMajeur (Post 29336488)

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 29337544)

It does look nice, although a bit to bling-bling for me, but the seat pitch is unacceptable.

31 inch pitch is unacceptable to you? God help whoever flies BA, FR or U2 then!

I had to deal with 31 inch pitch LHR-LAX with a BA A380 for 10 hours!

LacMajeur Jan 25, 2018 9:03 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 29337544)

Are you comparing the seat pitch to the one of Jumbolinos it is replacing? And how can Chocolate brown be bling-bling :) ?

RJ1 Jan 25, 2018 9:18 am

Originally Posted by LacMajeur (Post 29337919)
...And how can Chocolate brown be bling-bling :) ?

Agree. I'm not seeing any 'bling-bling' in that photo.

LacMajeur Jan 25, 2018 9:23 am

Please, be my guest :D

https://www.2paxfly.com/2017/11/10/e...d-faux-walnut/

https://www.2paxfly.com/2017/11/15/e...metal-suffers/

worldclubber Jan 25, 2018 9:26 am

Originally Posted by LacMajeur (Post 29337919)
Are you comparing the seat pitch to the one of Jumbolinos it is replacing? And how can Chocolate brown be bling-bling :) ?

Compared to any half-decent short-haul config, there's very little legroom on the CS100/300. At least it feels like very little to me. I think there were also complaints by other fliers when they introduced the CS100, but don't have time to dig them up now.

And the fairly wide and shiny silver-colored frames of the seats are too much bling-bling for me. It's not so bad in the picture, but I really didn't like it when I flew the plane for the first few times and still do find it somewhat weird. Additionally, like many shiny surfaces, it seems to be hard keep them (look) clean.