Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Question Swiss Seat Charges on Light Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Swiss Seat Charges on Light Fares

Hi guys, flying Swiss ATH-ZRH-LHR return as the direct flights were stupidly expensive and I dont like starving on BA and FR!
I bought the ticket through American Express travel and it was a light fare. Obviously, to book seats, I have to pay as I have no status. Just a question, during on-line check time, can I choose whatever seat I want or do they choose the seat for me?

Thank you for letting me know!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:19 am

Tou can pick your seats during OLCI.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
Tou can pick your seats during OLCI.
Thanks for that! I was used to BA where they don't even let you do that, you have to accept what is given!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I'll add to that that you can obviously only select what's left and within the same category.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Obviously, to book seats, I have to pay as I have no status.
Actually even as a SEN I have to pay to pre-select seats on a light fare.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Snoopy

Actually even as a SEN I have to pay to pre-select seats on a light fare.
Just set my alarm to the checkin time -24h and the seat selection was wide open so absolutely no point to pay for seats. Very happy with Swiss, so much nicer than BA it's not even funny!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:52 am

When I am on a light fare I see significantly fewer seats at T-24h compared to being on a more expensive fare. Obviously, I can't directly compare for the same flight so I am wondering if this just a subjective observation or does Swiss limit the seat choice when on a light fare? Sometimes I have the choice of about 10 seats but the plane is 30% empty once on board (which again can have multiple other reasons). Keen to hear other experiences with seat selection during OCLI when on a light fare.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LXboy
When I am on a light fare I see significantly fewer seats at T-24h compared to being on a more expensive fare. Obviously, I can't directly compare for the same flight so I am wondering if this just a subjective observation or does Swiss limit the seat choice when on a light fare? Sometimes I have the choice of about 10 seats but the plane is 30% empty once on board (which again can have multiple other reasons). Keen to hear other experiences with seat selection during OCLI when on a light fare.
At T-24 my seat-plan was pretty much wide open. I guess some ppl paid for their seats, or had the 'heavy' fare where they could book beforehand and/or had status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.