Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade with Miles. Why is A-class not= A-class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:51 pm

great info so far on this forum!

if I see a flight far out with F8 A8 - is that a good sign to get upgraded with miles? Also is there a way for LX to 'hold' the upgrade space until my miles get deposited into my M&M account?

Finally - what is the best number to call in Switzerland to check for upgrade availability pre booking or request the upgrade post booking?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ricktassie
great info so far on this forum!

if I see a flight far out with F8 A8 - is that a good sign to get upgraded with miles? Also is there a way for LX to 'hold' the upgrade space until my miles get deposited into my M&M account?

Finally - what is the best number to call in Switzerland to check for upgrade availability pre booking or request the upgrade post booking?

Thanks
F8A8 will almost certainly make your upgrade request go through.
There is no way to 'hold' the upgrade space.
As far as I know the hotline will not tell you if there is upgrade availability pre-booking, but I did hear conflicting stories, no harm in trying I guess.
Post booking I'd just call Zurich. You should see the number in your miles & more account (if you are a member) under My Miles & More / help & contact and then contact by phone.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:34 am

Sorry to bump this thread - is it still the case that eVoucher upgrades on Swiss book into a subset of 'A'? Just been on the SEN line and they swear blind that it has to go into 'O'?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Sorry to bump this thread - is it still the case that eVoucher upgrades on Swiss book into a subset of 'A'? Just been on the SEN line and they swear blind that it has to go into 'O'?
IME if A is available then e vouchers usually clear on LX
Dave_C likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by chris63
IME if A is available then e vouchers usually clear on LX
So I called the +41 Senator number and spoke to a very efficient agent there. I'm now waitlisted (flight shows F6 A6). He explained that it does indeed continue to go into A class for upgrades (and not O class). I just got an uninformed LH agent the first time of calling.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
I've just rebooked my Lufthansa inexpensive booking in Business P (WAW-BKK) from January to August. I deliberately chose LX flights on my way to BKK because I planned to use 2 SEN vouchers for an upgrade ZRH-BKK segment to LX First. Once I was rebooked to the new dates, I immediately called my local Miles & More and asked for an upgrade. And voila! The upgrade cleared right away, now ZRH-BKK shows class A. This was the first time my uprade to A for eVouchers (or miles) cleared so quickly
chris63, Dave_C and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:53 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Surprisingly LX computer system is smart enough to figure out weather you are booked in A as an upgrade or a revenue booking
Not always
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by andywaw
I've just rebooked my Lufthansa inexpensive booking in Business P (WAW-BKK) from January to August. I deliberately chose LX flights on my way to BKK because I planned to use 2 SEN vouchers for an upgrade ZRH-BKK segment to LX First. Once I was rebooked to the new dates, I immediately called my local Miles & More and asked for an upgrade. And voila! The upgrade cleared right away, now ZRH-BKK shows class A. This was the first time my uprade to A for eVouchers (or miles) cleared so quickly
Anyone know how often the waitlists are reviewed? Mine's a ZRH-SFO in early May, as is showing F6 A6 so hoping at some point I'll be good to go!
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Anyone know how often the waitlists are reviewed? Mine's a ZRH-SFO in early May, as is showing F6 A6 so hoping at some point I'll be good to go!
I thought the waitlist is automated - but I doubt they wanna be confirming your May flights yet, especially if USA reopens for Europeans, the bookings will flood the market and they would have given that seat up for little income
Dave_C likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I thought the waitlist is automated - but I doubt they wanna be confirming your May flights yet, especially if USA reopens for Europeans, the bookings will flood the market and they would have given that seat up for little income
That's not unreasonable, especially as I'm on the recent cheapo £1000 rtn ex-LHR! Although I'm not quite sure I share your optimism about a tidal wave of bookings. I work for a global consulting firm and travel is pretty much verboten for all circumstances. Even with a vaccine, I can't see that changing dramatically before Q3 next year and there's wide global uptake.
chris63 and nufnuf77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.