Transiting through ZRH, which lounge to use for a shower?

Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K
Transiting through ZRH, which lounge to use for a shower?

Hi Everyone

Flying YUL-ZRH-LHR on LX in J soon. I have a 4 hr layover in ZRH so lots of time to use the Arrivals Lounge, but is there a lounge that has a shower that I can use in ZRH without going airside? As I said I am flying in J on LX, but have no status. I think my flight to LHR is from an A gate but the Swiss Lounge there has no shower.

Also can you get from A gates to B&D gates without going through Security? It might be a long walk but I have time.

Advice anyone?

YXEG
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YXEGeordie
Hi Everyone

Flying YUL-ZRH-LHR on LX in J soon. I have a 4 hr layover in ZRH so lots of time to use the Arrivals Lounge, but is there a lounge that has a shower that I can use in ZRH without going airside? As I said I am flying in J on LX, but have no status. I think my flight to LHR is from an A gate but the Swiss Lounge there has no shower.

Also can you get from A gates to B&D gates without going through Security? It might be a long walk but I have time.

Advice anyone?

YXEG
If you arrive at an E gate you can go to the Business Lounge in E which has showers. If you are flying LX to LHR the flight should leave from a D gate. There is one shower near the non-Schengen lounge in D. Lounges in A are currently closed.

If you don't need a visa to enter Schengen/Switzerland, the Arrival Lounge has 20 showers and a better selection of breakfast than any business lounge you have access to.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K
Hi

Thanks for the info. Travelling on an EU Passport so should be fine to enter Switzerland, right?

YXE G
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hi

Thanks for the info. Travelling on an EU Passport so should be fine to enter Switzerland, right?

YXE G
Yes, of course! With 4 hours I recommend the Arrival Lounge. You may even be able to secure one of the nap rooms.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Hi

YXE G
What?
Why would you not be ok to enter Switzerland on an EU passport?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
What?
Why would you not be ok to enter Switzerland on an EU passport?
Some newer EU members had quite some restrictions (up to quite recently)

Your flight to LHR will be most probably from the D gates, since the UK is Non-Schengen. The lounge there has one shower, but I'd not take it there. Arriving in E gates, I'd probably hit the E lounges, staying airside. Then either take the dirty direct transfer to D gates, or the clean one via Schengen (A)

Of course, in true FT spirit you could go to the E lounge first, eat and take a shower there, then go landside to the Arrivals lounge, another shower and more food (open till 1pm), then going to D and another shower. Food there usually isn't great, so maybe better stuff yourself in E and Arrival
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The F-lounge facilities are a delight.

I'm sure if you explain to the lounge angels that you simply want a shower, and will not touch the comestibles, they will welcome you aboard.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
take a shower
(...)
another shower
(...)
and another shower
I don't know what the OP plans to do prior to landing but this may be a little excessive on the showering front.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.