Why no TSA Pre Check in the US for LX?

Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Why no TSA Pre Check in the US for LX?

I understand that LH now participates in TSA Pre in the US. Further I understand the US is allowing Swiss citizens to take part in US Global Entry. So it would seem logical for LX to participate in TSA Pre.

Further, I wonder why if Swiss arriving in the US can now use Global Entry is there a reason that is not reciprocal? Why not allow US Global Entry members to use special lanes for passport control at Swiss airports?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Why not allow US Global Entry members to use special lanes for passport control at Swiss airports?
What kind of special lanes do you mean? There is no Global Entry programm in Switzerland, nor Europe...
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The demographics of Swiss citizens travelling with LX and that have GE is probably not supporting it (yet). LH only got TSA Pre because a very large German corporate audience demanded it very vocally.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The first step is for LX to approach TSA. A broad array of non-US carriers has started participating in Pre-Check, almost always because of pressure from corporate customers who value time a great deal.

It does seem silly that the US does not require reciprocity for GE. The UK program is entirely separate, much more expensive and more of a hassle. That would take action, in the first instance, by US authorities.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The head of the LH supervisory board was stuck in security some years ago (because his entourage didn't have GE and TSA pre like him) and was very vocal on the topic: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...elays/2022375/
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
It seems that LX is gonna join TSA Pre, soon. See here: https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/prepare/...ns-for-the-usa
Only question is when.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
My friends at LX tell me that TSA Pre-Check will be available this summer for LX flights ex-US. The question that of course presents itself: LH got this done months ago. What is taking LX so long? Once you get used to Pre-Check it is hard to put up with the absurdity of the "normal" security.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:21 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
With that being said, lines at TSA pre check can get long these days as well, because everybody has it. Also, the other day, once through the scanner, literally every fifth (incl myself) pax was selected for additional screening but they didn’t have enough personnel to do that in a timely manner and I ended up standing around fror 20min.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Still no TSA pre for LX! What's happening here, folks??
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by flylocal
Still no TSA pre for LX! What's happening here, folks??
Ask LX.

There are now 53 carriers participating in Pre-Check. It is up to LX to bring itself up to the level of Condor which have now managed it:

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: LH HON
There seems to be no development. It would be very important, especially when you have a connection in ORD from a domestic flight and you need to change terminals. Terminal 5 for Swiss can have long wait times.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Actually it is scandalous that Pre check is not here yet for LX. LH has had it for many months. LX promised it 1Q this year. Then it said by end of 2Q. Well that has come and gone. Dear Lurker, when do we get this????? For SFO it would be a huge benefit. Maybe the team from LH could help SWISS along.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by shipsmail
There seems to be no development. It would be very important, especially when you have a connection in ORD from a domestic flight and you need to change terminals. Terminal 5 for Swiss can have long wait times.
ORD has an airside shuttle, albeit with limited hours.

See here: ORD Terminal Transfer Bus
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by davie355
ORD has an airside shuttle, albeit with limited hours.

See here: ORD Terminal Transfer Bus

great tip! Thank you. Does this shuttle exist between T1 (my arrival by UA) and T5 (my departure by LX)?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail

great tip! Thank you. Does this shuttle exist between T1 (my arrival by UA) and T5 (my departure by LX)?

The bus goes T3 to T5. Not from T1, however I do not know if you can go T1->T2-T3 and stay airside all the way. Even if, would be a long walk and probably takes longer than the ATS from T1 to T5 and re-clear security.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.