RJ100 Withdrawal

Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

RJ100 Withdrawal

I was surprised to learn that there is only 1 aircraft left in service - does anyone know when it is due to be retired and will Swiss do anything to celebrate it? Also, I thought the RJs were banned from Lcy - it seems to have flown there quite regularly recently

Last edited by GEUUA; Jul 20, 2017 at 11:23 am
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by GEUUA
I was surprised to learn that there is only 1 aircraft left in service - does anyone know when it is due to be retired
The last Jumbolino will be retired on August 8th. They've been replaced with the new Bombardier CSeries.

I thought the RJs were banned from lcy
What?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Also, I thought the RJs were banned from lcy - it seems to have flown there quite regularly recently
LCY not icy
Also, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...-city-lcy.html
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

https://smiliner.com/2017/02/avro-rj...city-in-march/

Article says that the RJ100s are banned since 31st march
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The last scheduled commercial LX flight is on Aug, 14, ZRH-LCY-ZRH (LX464/LX465), then there was another chance to book a "goodbye flight" on Aug, 20 through Buchair Shop, but that is now sold out.

In between, LX has scheduled some flights for media and staff.

Last edited by goliath; Jul 20, 2017 at 4:08 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by mmff
The last Jumbolino will be retired on August 8th.
WRONG!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
WRONG!
I'd say: all of posts #2...#4 contained wrong information.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Also, I thought the RJs were banned from Lcy - it seems to have flown there quite regularly recently
Does CityJet know that Avros are banned from LCY, cause they have a bunch there?

;-)
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
WRONG!
My bad, I replied from memory and did not double check the dates. LX will retire its last Jumbolino next month and bring the new CS Series to LCY on August 8th.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
They sure withdrew them fast. I flew one last December on LUX-ZRH, amusingly when I booked the ticket it was scheduled to be flown with a CS-100 but a schedule change gave me the AR1. Now I'm happy as I'm sure I can fly plenty of CS-100s but that might have been my only shot at an AR1.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by goliath
The last scheduled commercial LX flight is on Aug, 14, ZRH-LCY-ZRH (LX464/LX465)
Any other FTers on the final flight(s) today? I'll be doing the direct turnaround with some other geeks from Vielfliegertreff. Would love to meet up!
We're meeting at ZRH Whisky Bar around 2PM - I could guest somebody.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:19 am

Double post - sorry.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by goliath
Any other FTers on the final flight(s) today? I'll be doing the direct turnaround with some other geeks from Vielfliegertreff. Would love to meet up!
We're meeting at ZRH Whisky Bar around 2PM - I could guest somebody.
Sorry, no. I already had my last RJ flight last week...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Very sad. This was such a cute little plane. Specifically chose one of my tickets a few years ago to get a (short-30 minute hop) in one of these. There's just something whimsical about climbing the stairs of the Jumbolino and seeing those 4 tiny engines. I actually ended up buying a model of the special farm liveried Jumbolino off of eBay.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by zeer0
Very sad. This was such a cute little plane. Specifically chose one of my tickets a few years ago to get a (short-30 minute hop) in one of these. There's just something whimsical about climbing the stairs of the Jumbolino and seeing those 4 tiny engines. I actually ended up buying a model of the special farm liveried Jumbolino off of eBay.
Maybe you can get one cheap now?

Just grab one before the British Royalty can get their hands on the remaining ones and destroys them @:-) !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.