FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Swiss First - check-in in Barcelona (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1855184-swiss-first-check-barcelona.html)

LukasNied Jul 20, 2017 7:10 am

Swiss First - check-in in Barcelona

Dear All,

On recent two occasions the check-in agent at BCN told me that for LX flights to only business class tags can be used and only if I fly on LH they can tag frist class luggage with HON/First tags. She told me that it is what the check-in system orders them to do.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

LN

Unterwegs Jul 20, 2017 9:43 am

Same in STR. HON for LH, Priority for Swiss

mmff Jul 20, 2017 10:02 am

This sounds strange to me. Have you tried asking the LX lurker in the thread Introducing the official SWISS Lurker?

more4less Jul 20, 2017 11:26 am

Originally Posted by LukasNied (Post 28583496)
Dear All,

On recent two occasions the check-in agent at BCN told me that for LX flights to only business class tags can be used and only if I fly on LH they can tag frist class luggage with HON/First tags. She told me that it is what the check-in system orders them to do.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

LN

in my experience, practically only in Asia priority tags mean something, in Bcn or even Zurich not

Unterwegs Jul 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Last few flights in LX F (HKG, LAX) my luggage came out relatively quick and first - even was beating me last time in LAX with global entry and no wait (and 'only' Priority tag

MichielR Jul 21, 2017 1:55 am

Originally Posted by more4less (Post 28584497)
in my experience, practically only in Asia priority tags mean something, in Bcn or even Zurich not

BCN couple of weeks ago: HON and Priority bags came out first, although I admit I wasn't expecting it.

I hardly ever check bags but there is some improvement I sense.

worldclubber Jul 21, 2017 4:22 am

Originally Posted by MichielR (Post 28586898)
BCN couple of weeks ago: HON and Priority bags came out first, although I admit I wasn't expecting it.

I hardly ever check bags but there is some improvement I sense.

Same here, had almost quit checking bags altogether. Today I had to and the HON/priority labeled bag came out first in, believe it or not, LHR.

Re BCN: Doubt it makes a real difference weather you get a HON or priority tag.

vantage03 Jul 21, 2017 10:44 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 28587188)
Same here, had almost quit checking bags altogether. Today I had to and the HON/priority labeled bag came out first in, believe it or not, LHR.

I fly LH/LX weekly to LHR and HON bags almost always come out first. T2 at LHR is excellent with baggage.

tigerhunt2011 Aug 2, 2017 11:42 am

OP: were you connecting onward to an LX F ticketed flight from ZRH?

Asking as I have clients on LAX-ZRH-IBZ/BCN-ZRH-LAX this month in F TATL

LukasNied Aug 7, 2017 3:01 pm

Yes I was connecting in zurich to LX US bound in Swiss First. The LH checkin agent was very nice and polite but said that something to effect of :if you want luggage tagged HON you should fly LH only"

more4less Aug 9, 2017 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by LukasNied (Post 28659825)
Yes I was connecting in zurich to LX US bound in Swiss First. The LH checkin agent was very nice and polite but said that something to effect of :if you want luggage tagged HON you should fly LH only"

In the past, when LX and LH check in desks were different, I could probably understand it, but now that are the same?? :confused: