Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Schengen Lounge in ZRH [A] August 27 to Spring 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by TPJ
Why?

Go to the city. ZRH downtown is amazingly nice during fall.
This. I often have 6-ish hour layovers after that flight out of YUL, and my routine has always been the same: quick shower and breakfast in the arrivals lounge then 3-4 hours in town.
Ramz and rossmacd like this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Thanks all.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: Miles & More
After looking on Swiss and Zurich Airport, after calling some of lounges and airlines, finally I've found the place with people who know almost everything (-:

We're flying tomorrow WAW -> ZRH -> TFS, Swiss and Edelweiss. We land 21:50 and take off 6:55. We're flying Business class, so we thought we could enjoy some time in lounges, but it seems we land to late and take off to early. Is there a better option then just sleeping in airport hotel? Is there a point in going to see the city at that timeframe?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by matemaciek
After looking on Swiss and Zurich Airport, after calling some of lounges and airlines, finally I've found the place with people who know almost everything (-:

We're flying tomorrow WAW -> ZRH -> TFS, Swiss and Edelweiss. We land 21:50 and take off 6:55. We're flying Business class, so we thought we could enjoy some time in lounges, but it seems we land to late and take off to early. Is there a better option then just sleeping in airport hotel? Is there a point in going to see the city at that timeframe?
Get some sleep at a hotel. Getting to ZRH at 11 p.m. is not something I would recommend. Sure you can hit a bar or two ... but that's not worth it. There are some decent hotels in the airport vicinity and some that are readily accessible by a 10 min tram ride.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by cfischer
Get some sleep at a hotel.
This advice is priceless :-) ^
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by matemaciek

As others recommended get a hotel. Have a look at hotels with either a shuttle (from Holiday Inn Express to Hilton etc.) but the best option would be the Radisson on the airport premise (can sometimes be quite expensive).

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-zurichairport
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
I arrive in ZRH on EK at noon and have a LX flight in C to FLR 5 hours later.

Not very familiar with this airport, can someone please explain the procedure and which alternative lounge I can use? I will also have checked luggage.

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
I arrive in ZRH on EK at noon and have a LX flight in C to FLR 5 hours later.

Not very familiar with this airport, can someone please explain the procedure and which alternative lounge I can use? I will also have checked luggage.
As far as lounges go, you can use the LX lounges in D and E. You will have to go through security on arrival (assuming you arrive from DXB) and may have to go through a passport check to reach either lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Doing a schengen-to-schengen transit in ZRH soon. Does anyone here have experience with a non-EU passport and could report on the times it would take (Monday afternoon, flight departing around 17:30) to pass through passport control to the E gates & back? Haven't been through ZRH before and really want to give the lounge a try. Queuing times & experiences would be useful. Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by jimmielin
Doing a schengen-to-schengen transit in ZRH soon. Does anyone here have experience with a non-EU passport and could report on the times it would take (Monday afternoon, flight departing around 17:30) to pass through passport control to the E gates & back? Haven't been through ZRH before and really want to give the lounge a try. Queuing times & experiences would be useful. Thanks
Early afternoon wait times are close to zero, the lounges are virtually empty. Peaks are early/mid-morning and early evening.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
As far as lounges go, you can use the LX lounges in D and E. You will have to go through security on arrival (assuming you arrive from DXB) and may have to go through a passport check to reach either lounge.
Thanks.

Since I'm on separate tickets, I'll have to go through passport control on arrival, collect bags and re-check them with Swiss.

Which lounge would you recommend D or E?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Thanks.

Since I'm on separate tickets, I'll have to go through passport control on arrival, collect bags and re-check them with Swiss.

Which lounge would you recommend D or E?
E, without a doubt, it’s brand new with all the frills!
rossmacd and Nic33 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
E, without a doubt, it’s brand new with all the frills!
I ended up going to E indeed.

Very nice lounge and it was empty when I was there (2-4pm).

Great showers too, only there was no dental or shaving kit? Thankfully I had my own.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I ended up going to E indeed

Great showers too, only there was no dental or shaving kit? Thankfully I had my own.
I think you have to ask though - unless it has been enhanced away, i thought E offered them due to the longhaul commitment.

The showers in the C/SEN lounge A didn't stock any of those unless you were using FCL ones
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Last week people were talking about the date April 2018 likely not be happening. They already have 2 months delay in the new F class lounge in A and it seems SEN/C will take them to May/June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.