Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Schengen Lounge in ZRH [A] August 27 to Spring 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by worldclubber
SInce an F pax can bring one guest to the FCLs, I would imagine that the lounge staff could/would also allow one guest to ride with the F-pax, but that's probably up to them to decide as I would not know about a published rule concerning this.

Did it many times with a companion flying in C or Y.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
SInce an F pax can bring one guest to the FCLs, I would imagine that the lounge staff could/would also allow one guest to ride with the F-pax, but that's probably up to them to decide as I would not know about a published rule concerning this.
I have never had an issue with this. In my experience, it has always been offered.

bawm
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:17 am

I have a flight LIS-ZRH-NBO which requires a 15 layover in ZRH. I will be staying in the transit hotel in ZRH as luggage will be checked thru NBO.

Question: I am 100% sure I can visit the lounge in and out during my 15 our layover? e.g. get a drink and grab a bite till the lounge closes? And which lounge would work great for this idea?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Pilotbg
I have a flight LIS-ZRH-NBO which requires a 15 layover in ZRH. I will be staying in the transit hotel in ZRH as luggage will be checked thru NBO.

Question: I am 100% sure I can visit the lounge in and out during my 15 our layover? e.g. get a drink and grab a bite till the lounge closes? And which lounge would work great for this idea?
Technically no (ZRH has a same-day, not 24hrs before the flight policy for lounge access), but you might get admitted when asking.

If you're holding SEN/HON status, access is allowed according to the rules.

If you're staying within Non_Schengen, you get the pick between E and D lounge. D lounge is next to the transit hotel, but I'd suggest E lounge since it's much better overall.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Technically no (ZRH has a same-day, not 24hrs before the flight policy for lounge access), but you might get admitted when asking.

If you're holding SEN/HON status, access is allowed according to the rules.

If you're staying within Non_Schengen, you get the pick between E and D lounge. D lounge is next to the transit hotel, but I'd suggest E lounge since it's much better overall.
Some lounge attendants don't know about the rule for arriving SENs and HONs; if they appear not to, it usually helps to let them know that their computer system has the option "incoming SEN" for these purposes.
gru_muc likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by bawm
I have never had an issue with this. In my experience, it has always been offered.

bawm
Thank you for confirming my feeling that it shouldn't be a problem.

Have never tried to take anybody for a ride, as I was usually travelling alone or with a companion who also had an F-ticket.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
A lounges still closed as of today. Went to the E lounge in the early afternoon, it's basically empty! It's an amazing lounge.

I'm also a visa national and they let me through without problems. No queues or questioning at all (although there were rolled eyes as I said I was "flying to" the E lounges

Was stamped in and out also. So for visa nationals without multiple entry visas this is not possible to do, the rest should be fine. The passport control workers are well aware of the lounge game.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: *A Gold (LH SEN), Hertz 5*
Does anyone know if the A lounge is already back open or will be in the next few days?
i will be in zrh on the 8th and would like to use it.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by phipz
Does anyone know if the A lounge is already back open or will be in the next few days?
i will be in zrh on the 8th and would like to use it.
Only the First Class Lounge. The others won‘t reopen until June.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: *A Gold (LH SEN), Hertz 5*
Only the First Class Lounge. The others won‘t reopen until June.
Thanks for the info.
Wouldn’t have expected that delay from the Swiss.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by phipz

Thanks for the info.
Wouldn’t have expected that delay from the Swiss.
There has been a cascade of delays, which still seem to build up. Let‘s hope the result is worth the wait.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: MM FTL
by the way: the aspire lounge which is offered as an alternative to the closed swiss lounges is a joke. it is far too small to take even a part of the visitors of the regular swiss lounges. was there before easter around 12 h and it was almost full. just got the last 2 bar stools
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Charly61
by the way: the aspire lounge which is offered as an alternative to the closed swiss lounges is a joke. it is far too small to take even a part of the visitors of the regular swiss lounges. was there before easter around 12 h and it was almost full. just got the last 2 bar stools
Indeed - even the Swiss staff at check-in advised us to avoid the "not so nice" Aspire lounge and to head to the "E" lounge as we had a couple of hours before our flight.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:37 pm

the (re-re) revised opening date is now July 2nd...
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Charly61
I prefer to use the SEN (or C) lounge in D. All three times I used it in the past few weeks, it was reasonably empty (late morning/lunch time). Despite having to go through passport control, it is not more than 5 min walk to the beginning of the A gates. Last week, I had almost 2h to kill in ZRH and considered going to the SEN lounge in E, but at ~11 a.m., the queue in front of the passport control before the train to the E terminal was more than 50m long and started somewhere upstairs in the middle of the Airside Center. So not an alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.