Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS abandoned "2 in cockpit" rule 1 May 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I don't know if BA has changed back yet. I suppose if Willy Walsh can save money he will, but until then it's as is.
BA were one of the few airlines that did not implement a '2 in cockpit' rule after the germanwings crash, citing safety concerns. I don't know about AF/KLM.

I think this is just one of many differences in opinion between US & EU regulators as to the safest method to allow a pilot to go to the toilet, and I'm not sure the lack of safety cameras (as posted above) can explain it fully.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by swiss_global
They cannot face that some of their colleagues committed suicide flying a plane, they don't want to talk about it, they don't want to be reminded. Period.
Minor quibble here, it included a suicide, yes, but really it was mass murder.

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
...involved a pilot locking others out of the cockpit. Examples are EgyptAir 990, LAM 470, and GermWings 9525.
...and Silk Air 185.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.