HB-JMB : 11DEC19 - 20JAN 20
HB-JMA : 30OCT19 - 11DEC19
Print Wikipost

A340 refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
HB-JMA seems to be stuck? in ZRH since she arrived back from BOS on the morning of 19 June.
I saw that too, but now it's scheduled to operate today's (21JUN) LX188 ZRHPVG.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:08 am

Took HB-JMH in F.
It really looks like the small cheaper brother of the 777.
The seat itself seems to be about the same size as on the 777, similar functionality and similar panel with the controls, table etc on the side. Screen and entertainment was the same or at least very similar to the 777 also.]
Main differences is: the wardrobe is not there, just a hook inside next to the screen for the hangers.Instead of the wardrobe is a thin pull out screen between the seat and the isle. The aisles itself are very narrow, not only between the seats but also in front of the two toilets. A lot of moving back and forth when two people trying to pass.
The first toilet is identical to before. They squeezed a much smaller toiled in between door 1 and the cockpit.
They use a lot of white an the walls, panels etc which in my opinion makes it look a bit cheap and like plastic.
Not ideal in my opinion but much better than the old seats.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I thought amman only did the c and b checks and the cabin interior would be installed in drs for all planes.

I don‘t think jmb is getting the new interior atm.
Does this mean a delay in the retrofit of -JMB?
We can cross out 19 June as the start date for -JMB on the wiki above if that's the case...
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
Does this mean a delay in the retrofit of -JMB?
We can cross out 19 June as the start date for -JMB on the wiki above if that's the case...
Could well be AMM for C-check and then to DRS for the new interior - not sure whether otherwise a potential AMM conversion would require a new certification.

In view of the B77W issue it would be smart for LX to postpone JMA and JMB until the start of the winter timetable. Better an old F seat than a cancelled flight IMO.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MichielR
In view of the B77W issue it would be smart for LX to postpone JMA and JMB until the start of the winter timetable. Better an old F seat than a cancelled flight IMO.
Someone at LX told me something along these lines - JMA and JMB are on hold until Sep/Oct. AMM is a check indeed and no retrofit.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Nice to fly the refurb 340 yesterday on LX52. Good amount of space still at the thrones and more dedicated storage plus finally an acceptable video screen.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Nice to fly the refurb 340 yesterday on LX52. Good amount of space still at the thrones and more dedicated storage plus finally an acceptable video screen.
Any pictures?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MichielR
Could well be AMM for C-check and then to DRS for the new interior - not sure whether otherwise a potential AMM conversion would require a new certification.
A new site doesn't require a new certification: LH did the retrofit at HAM/MLA/MNL/PEK/HKG/SIN/BOD/etc. As long as the shop is certified and the seats have a STC you are good to go.

Keeping old F flying may look attractive in the first look but this retrofit is more than that. The entire cabin gets a refurb. So spares will have to be kept, new capacity organised in peak winter season, other aircraft scheduled for the winter postponed etc etc.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:49 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I am very surprised that the A340 will be the first planes of LX to get the new Premium Economy in 2020/21. That is unexpected and surprising.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: LXFF
My guess is that SWISS will remove some Y seats to ad PE. So it wouldn't be very complicated.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by mmff
Any pictures?
I would like to see pictures of J cabins as well.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hmm, any guesses on how many rows they'll add? If they add like four rows in 2-3-2 they would fill the complete forward Y cabin and only be left with 124 Y seats.

I guess they'll just put in 2-3 rows in the forward cabin and have a fluent transition into the Y rows, since based on the pictures we've seen the seats appear to be the same size as Y.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ced_lx
I will have some coming September, but I doubt you'd want to wait so long.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mmff
Any pictures?
Originally Posted by ced_lx
didn't think about it. We boarded very late too after a direct transfer from our delayed flight from BCN.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Interesting. This may be the reason why it went to AMM.

Swiss International Air Lines chooses Joramco as Maintenance provider Joramco
There goes the Swiss quality, the stanards at JORAMCO are supposedly absolutely horifying so that LX now needs to always have people of their own there to supervise the maintenance work performed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.