HB-JMB : 11DEC19 - 20JAN 20
HB-JMA : 30OCT19 - 11DEC19
Print Wikipost

A340 refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:07 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Had my farewell flights on old A340 F-Class two weeks ago to and from GRU. Still a very decent experience. I always found the seat comfy. I am really just missing some privacy screens and stowage space.

I assume that this was the last flight since my usual routes are on 777s.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: LX SEN
According to the below article (from Skynews.ch), the 5 remaining A340 will be refurbished between spring and summer 2018,....we still need a bit of patience.

Hardy likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Is LHT or SR Technics going to the refurb? SRT did the Edelweiss and SAS refurb: SR Technics to help Edelweiss upgrade another four aircraft | News | SR Technics

It seems SRT will continue to do all the MRO for LX, but the PR on that a few months ago is curiously silent on the A343 refurb: SWISS International Airlines renews and expands its service partnership with SR Technics | News | SR Technics
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: LXFF
bump!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:33 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Well the date for the refurbishment by an article in the Swiss magazine will be between Spring and Summer.

I have however noticed that Swiss will be flying a A340 on LX between ZRH and GVA on LX 2824 and LX 2813 (I think once daily) around April. Maybe they will do this to test run the new cabin for the FAs?
The seat map still shows the old plane sadly, but I hope that I will catch a refurbished plane when I'll fly the route in april, although it would be nice to say goodbye to the old First Class Cabin.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Well the date for the refurbishment by an article in the Swiss magazine will be between Spring and Summer.

I have however noticed that Swiss will be flying a A340 on LX between ZRH and GVA on LX 2824 and LX 2813 (I think once daily) around April. Maybe they will do this to test run the new cabin for the FAs?
The seat map still shows the old plane sadly, but I hope that I will catch a refurbished plane when I'll fly the route in april, although it would be nice to say goodbye to the old First Class Cabin.
Unlikely. Those flights are either to certify new pilots or to position the aircraft required for LX22 to JFK.

PS: welcome to FT!^
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Asked the purser last week and he said the refurb is going to start in about 6 weeks.
There is a special edition of PJs exclusive to the A340 F-cabin, to „make up“ for the „dated“ interior. I didn‘t mind it anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the flight, but Stil a nice touch. Probably my last flight in the old F.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:15 am

More and more deatils are now trickling out... it seems the retrofit starts this month, with 3-4 weeks planned for each aircraft. HB-JMH is up first, presumably when the Winter schedule ends.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I wonder if they will add another lav to the F cabin?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:20 am

I would be very surprized about a 2nd lavatory. I think the biggest upgrade for C and F will be the screen sizes...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I wonder if they will add another lav to the F cabin?
Supposedly they will add a second Lav to the F cabin which is really needed especially when the cabin is full
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LXA350
Supposedly they will add a second Lav to the F cabin which is really needed especially when the cabin is full
LX F cabin crew have been told there will be a second lav added which really (but pleasantly) surprised me. I guess we’ll find out for sure soon!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:24 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Unlikely. Those flights are either to certify new pilots or to position the aircraft required for LX22 to JFK.

PS: welcome to FT!^
Thanks a lot. I’ve been a long time lurker but never made an account. happy to be here.

It can’t be positioning, the plane flies back to ZRH immediatly and the A330s for the GVA-JFK actually position through JFK (ZRH-JFK-GVA-JFK-ZRH).

I guess the flights are to certify new pilots, although the flights are sheduled over the span of several months so I’m not sure what to think.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
It looks like there are delays and we may not get these until winter.:

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/proble...der-swiss-a340

The problem seems to be certification of the first class seat. I wonder if any will be completed in time for the summer schedule. Has anyone heard anything else?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:27 am

My German's not very good, it's unlcear to me who they are actually quoting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.