Print Wikipost

A340 refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:31 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Would be great to see the A359 at LX with 8F, but I doubt it.
That'd be my preferred outcome as well.

And I can see it happening!
vantage03 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by Nick Art
That'd be my preferred outcome as well.

And I can see it happening!
It would be amazing for LX to get the A359, however if for some reason the options are between Dreamliner or keeping the A333 then I would keep the A333, enough already that LX had to get the 77W's unfortunately these will stick around for some time.

Let's see at least LX made a first anouncement that the upgrade of the cabin for 2022 of the A333 is planned it's likely that this seems to happen. I somehow do not believe at the chances of LX receiving new planes around 2023 unless they can have these planes transfered to OS, however will they be able to fly to NRT or LAX? No matter if OS will receive new planes (I doubt it currently) or used ones, the future long haul fleet will consist of one aircraft type which will be a further esential part to lower their costs. SN could theoretically receive some A333's in case they will increase their fleet and or the charter operation of LH? No matter what will be by 2023 the current A333 cabin with our without the plane will hopefully be fully gone as it is already now in not such a great shape, especially in C and Y.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Maybe we can change this thread to "LX - Fleet Planning"?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Gioventu
Maybe we can change this thread to "LX - Fleet Planning"?
Good idea & let’s hope LX adopt our plans for new F on all mid & longhaul flights.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:38 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chris63
Good idea & let’s hope LX adopt our plans for new F on all mid & longhaul flights.
I've been campaigning for years that LX and LH lets us decide on such matters! New Destinations, what planes to buy, what cabins to install etc. We could start by introducing better J seats on shorthaul! Sadly my efforts have been met with no success this far :P
chris63 and lightwalker like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I've been campaigning for years that LX and LH lets us decide on such matters! New Destinations, what planes to buy, what cabins to install etc. We could start by introducing better J seats on shorthaul! Sadly my efforts have been met with no success this far :P
Better J seats on shorthaul would be great but I fear it will never happen..... the crucial thing is to keep F & see no reduction in that
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:00 am

Any thoughts on why the a340 doesn’t fly to nyc? I’m sure Swiss has good reason but just curious, particularly as NYC seems more premium heavy than BOS and Swiss is now competing with DeltaOne suites and Polaris.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pafnyc
Any thoughts on why the a340 doesn’t fly to nyc? I’m sure Swiss has good reason but just curious, particularly as NYC seems more premium heavy than BOS and Swiss is now competing with DeltaOne suites and Polaris.
Short distance route & multiple flights a day from LH group so the A330 is a good fit
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by chris63
Better J seats on shorthaul would be great but I fear it will never happen..... the crucial thing is to keep F & see no reduction in that
There's just no point in better J seats on shorthaul. There aren't many "shorthaul" flights that are long enough for an american style domestic-F seat to be worth, and adding a fleet just for those flights would be inefficient.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by televisor
There's just no point in better J seats on shorthaul. There aren't many "shorthaul" flights that are long enough for an american style domestic-F seat to be worth, and adding a fleet just for those flights would be inefficient.
The airlines love the flexibility “Euro-business” gives them and they won’t change anything as long as the can get away with it.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pafnyc
A340 does operate to EWR some days
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber
The airlines love the flexibility “Euro-business” gives them and they won’t change anything as long as the can get away with it.
I still don’t understand why they can’t install two or three rows of 2-2 recliners and sell it as full fare J or F or whatever, then play the curtain moving game with Eurobiz for discounted fare buckets, or call it Premium Economy (because that’s what it is) and then just keep selling it as far back until people stop paying.. Same food and service for all seats, just a different physical seat
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I don't think there is a lot of demand, IF the price is set accordingly. For example, looking at J seats on SN which consistently sell for 700 EUR or more and or mostly non-connecting pax, I only rarely see more than 1 row.

Most J seats sold intra-europe on LH/LX are mostly positioning flights for longhaul J/F anyway.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:51 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I don't think there is a lot of demand, IF the price is set accordingly. For example, looking at J seats on SN which consistently sell for 700 EUR or more and or mostly non-connecting pax, I only rarely see more than 1 row.

Most J seats sold intra-europe on LH/LX are mostly positioning flights for longhaul J/F anyway.
But wouldn't it be much more fitting to be positioned in an appropriate seat when coming from a long F or J flight? oh, and add a chauffeur drive to take you to the hotel in a nice car, while we are at it.
It's just not a wholesome experience today.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by lightwalker
But wouldn't it be much more fitting to be positioned in an appropriate seat when coming from a long F or J flight? oh, and add a chauffeur drive to take you to the hotel in a nice car, while we are at it.
It's just not a wholesome experience today.
I agree that the connecting legs aren’t consistent and there’s no glamor to it. I just don’t realistically know what the airline can do about it that makes sense for them.

Car transfers are interesting. I know LH/LX offer it if originating from certain destinations, but an E Class Mercedes doesn’t really fit either.

I know EK offers these services, but the experience lacks in other ways. And I’m not sure there’s a single airline offering a fully complete experience in the way you desire, unfortunately.

Makes sense too. The kind of travelers airlines want to attract (business travelers and people insensitive to price) prefer to fly direct, and will often have car transport arranged on their own. My cousin holds a cent card, for instance, and gets free high quality airport transfers that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.