Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VCB and/or overselling of seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:45 am
Original Poster

so you've prolly read that I finalized my routing: JFK-GVA-BCN-GVA-EWK. The first 3 legs are on https://www.swiss.com/us/en whilst the last leg is on United.

I am hoping that BOTH BCN-GVA and GVA-EWR are oversold and they need volunteers. Say I give up BOTH of my seats and since the bcn/gva portion is on https://www.swiss.com/us/en and the GVA-EWR are on United - will they also take care ALL the flights for my return to the USA?

Original plan was to fly home on May 20 and May 21 after overnight in GVA, continue back to EWR. So hopefully IF they have the need you bet I will give up my seat...and get me back to EWR sometime before midnight May 21 back in the east coast.

Help?!!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:20 am

Don't have ANY hopes.

Yes, they oversell in general. but mid-end of May isn't holiday season.

And IF they oversell, they usually pick pax that can either be rerouted (via ZRH - quite some pax might reach their final destination via ZRH just as fast..) or have GVA as their final destination. Your schedule will be among the last they'll touch.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Your schedule will be among the last they'll touch.
This.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
The chance that both flights are oversold is 0.01%. And even if. As already written they may channel you through ZRH or even MUC/ FRA.
don't have any hope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.