Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear SWISS Lurker TSA Pre-Check on LX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by oliver2002
And most of the terminals they use in the US don't even have TSA pre options (eg ORD T5, EWR, SFO, LAX etc)
SFO definitely has Pre, it's the same terminal that UA fly from, moreover it's connected (airside) to the domestic T3.

I've heard EWR now partially has partial pre in the B terminal, could be mistaken about that though (partial pre: you get a special token to walk through the metal detector, but still need to unpack your bags).

Agreed on the rest though. (Maybe they should just unify their systems with LH and then Pre would be pretty much free for those few people who could use it?)
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by televisor
Their primary customer base (swiss people) isn't pre- eligible.
This used to be true last year. This year, Swiss citizens are TSA pre eligible. So does this benefit also work on LX flights, now?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: LH HON
No it does not. Swiss at JFK told me last week, that they do not know, if this will come.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Given the growth of Pre-Check participation by non-US carriers over the past six months, it is a real customer service failure at this point.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
When oh when TSA Pre-check

This has been long promised. LX is supposed to take part in the TSA pre-check program. Lufthansa has offered this months ago. Small little second rate international carriers also. LX promised this first quarter 2018, which already was late to the party. The first quarter is long gone and the second quarter is fast coming to an end. So dear Lurker, what is the holdup. For many of your most frequent fliers, this is a big deal. If Lufthansa could get it done, could not LX copy their system? Please when will this roll out? And how will travelers who have a Trusted Traveler number be notified that the program has gone live?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:16 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
This has been long promised. LX is supposed to take part in the TSA pre-check program. Lufthansa has offered this months ago. Small little second rate international carriers also. LX promised this first quarter 2018, which already was late to the party. The first quarter is long gone and the second quarter is fast coming to an end. So dear Lurker, what is the holdup. For many of your most frequent fliers, this is a big deal. If Lufthansa could get it done, could not LX copy their system? Please when will this roll out? And how will travelers who have a Trusted Traveler number be notified that the program has gone live?
This is only available in the US for US citizens, right?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Nick Art
No .
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Very incorrect.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...d-threads.html
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
For many of your most frequent fliers, this is a big deal.
Is it, though? I fly LX plenty but my last 3 LX flights out of the US have been either LAX or BOS. Neither offer PreCheck lanes in the terminals that LX flies from (E in BOS, TBIT in LAX).

bawm
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
For LAX TBIT you can go through security in the American Terminal to avail yourself of precheck, the terminals are connected behind security.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by bawm
Is it, though? I fly LX plenty but my last 3 LX flights out of the US have been either LAX or BOS. Neither offer PreCheck lanes in the terminals that LX flies from (E in BOS, TBIT in LAX).

bawm
In BOS you should be able to use PreCheck in terminal C and walk to E as they are connected airside, however my terminal E BP has been rejected when trying this (this was for BA rather than LX).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Gerbs
In BOS you should be able to use PreCheck in terminal C and walk to E as they are connected airside, however my terminal E BP has been rejected when trying this (this was for BA rather than LX).
Yeah, I haven't been bothered to try the C route. What ended up happening? They refused you entry and you had to walk to E? Thanks for the info.

bawm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by bawm
Yeah, I haven't been bothered to try the C route. What ended up happening? They refused you entry and you had to walk to E? Thanks for the info.

bawm
Exactly. My BP yielded the dreaded red lights when scanned. The on-duty TSA Supervisor understood what I was trying to do, but didn't know why the BP was rejected, and couldn't (or wasn't willing to) override. One walk of shame out of the queue, a short stroll over to E, and the BP worked fine - I was even allowed to keep my shoes on!
bawm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.