Wiki Posts
Search

Achieving status with M&M on LX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Achieving status with M&M on LX

I feel that reaching status is hard on LX. I was EK Gold for several years, and felt it was much easier to reach and maintain. Partially because premium cabin flights gave more miles, partly because they looked at a 12 month rolling period, not the calendar year.

I just hit Frequent Flier. It took me 4 long-haul sectors (ZRH-GRU) and 13 short sectors (around Latin America and Europe). 8 flights, if you don't count LPB-LIM-SJO as two, for example. I have taken a few flights since, bringing me to 5 long + 14 short sectors. My M&M accounts says "8 segments flow in 2016".

6k miles for ZRH-GRU in business (P) seems weak, if Senator requires 100k. Is it similar for all M&M member airlines? Am I doing it wrong? Is M&M just more restrictive than other programmes?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:13 pm

Depends what you are trying to achieve, if status or redemptions or both.

M&M is a program for people who fly in premium cabins on full(-ish) fares. If you routinely fly "P" or economy, you have to look elsewhere.

You are located in south america, so M&M brings you pretty much nothing. Look carefully at your flying patterns and at the alternative *A programs you can use to obtain status and spend your miles with.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. So it is kind of hard to get to Gold without flying a lot of full fare premium cabins. Is it easier on other *A carriers like Avianca?

I'm currently in South America, but my home is Switzerland. I have been flying in and out of ZRH quite a bit, and that's how I even got to Frequent Flyer. I will be moving back in about 6 months.

Any idea why the "Segments Flown" number is lower than the numer of flights my accounts lists?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:47 am

You can only "earn" segments on M&M integrated airlines, not any *A partner.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the clarification, klausa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.