Just flew the new B777-300ER [merged experience reports]

Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: MM, EK, AB/EY, HH, SPG, etc.
Originally Posted by 380fanatic
Quick question for those who have flown on the 777 a few times.

For a fairly light load (45% as of now), would you rather sit in the mini cabin with all 10 seats occupied? Or the main cabin with only around 20 out of the 50 or so seats taken?

Thanks!
Mini cabin, with the following caveat: if you are a solo traveler and single seats are only available in the larger rear cabin, then obviously a single seat in the rear cabin over a "shared" double in the mini cabin.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
During the summer 2017 time table, ORD should get the 777 on a daily basis ^

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ervice-in-s17/

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Dec 17, 2016 at 7:50 am
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So you are saying that the mini cabin is good if you are 2, we are 2 and have chosen row 5, 2 seats together. I thought that cabin would be a little more private then the larger cabin.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Dec 17, 2016 at 7:36 pm
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So you are saying that the mini cabin is good if you are 2, we are 2 and have chosen row 5, 2 suits together. I thought that cabin would be a little more private then the larger cabin.
Exactly.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So you are saying that the mini cabin is good if you are 2, we are 2 and have chosen row 5, 2 seats together. I thought that cabin would be a little more private then the larger cabin.
fyi: row 5 is missing a window. hope you're still fine with it, it's not as bad as it may sound.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cruemel2
fyi: row 5 is missing a window. hope you're still fine with it, it's not as bad as it may sound.
I think we're ok with that as I would like to focus and enjoy the inflight service, I've flown with LX before a couple of times in J but not on the 777.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:51 pm

The missing window (5K) did not bother me at all.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
The missing window (5K) did not bother me at all.
Same here, it is not as if you have no window at all, you may just have to lean forward a bit to get a good view (row 5 is the rear row in the pic):

Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Wtravel
I think the seat width is not so great and so much space wasted on unimportant things instead of making the seat wider and more comfy!!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
A question for the braintrust...

I'm traveling solo in C on LX40 ZRH-LAX, and my travel agent has booked me into 4K.

Looking at ExpertFlyer, it appears that all of the center seats in the rear cabin, including the "mini-thrones" are available.

Am I better off staying in 4K or moving to one of the seats with more room in the center of the rear cabin? I don't honestly care that much about the window - in fact, I have a bad knee, so I would prefer to get in and out of my seat easily.

To change, it appears that I would have to call LX, because it says "Seat(s) are reserved for all fellow passengers."

Thanks,
Greg
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by greg99
A question for the braintrust...

I'm traveling solo in C on LX40 ZRH-LAX, and my travel agent has booked me into 4K.

Looking at ExpertFlyer, it appears that all of the center seats in the rear cabin, including the "mini-thrones" are available.

Am I better off staying in 4K or moving to one of the seats with more room in the center of the rear cabin? I don't honestly care that much about the window - in fact, I have a bad knee, so I would prefer to get in and out of my seat easily.

To change, it appears that I would have to call LX, because it says "Seat(s) are reserved for all fellow passengers."

Thanks,
Greg
I assume this means that all the single seats are taken in business. I would much prefer one of the mini-thrones in the rear cabin then, not too far back, instead of 4K. And you can always check closer to the flight or a seat tracking app if a single seat becomes available closer to the actual flight.

Last edited by Wtravel; Dec 27, 2016 at 3:53 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Dec 27, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by Wtravel
I assume this means that all the single seats are taken in business. I would much prefer one of the mini-thrones in the rear cabin then, not too far back, instead of 4K. And you can always check closer to the flight or a seat tracking app if a single seat becomes available closer to the actual flight.
Unfortunately, I'm a 1K on United, not a SEN or HON, so my understanding is that I'm not eligible to book any of the singles (I guess other than 7A, which is booked).
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
..As old as their A340's were, if you were a couple travelling and you got window/aisle, it was quite acceptable (seat-wise) - with the 777, it's imho below what I'll consider to fly in the future..
This is what makes this thread and most of modern FT so disappointing: tons of pictures of the C cabin, nothing of the torture chamber.

We are like a free gang of shills for an airline that has descended through the ranks of all LCCs. Shame on LX and shame on us.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The New C Swiss Product looks great....

I have a question about upgrading from C to F.

I will be travelling from Zurich to SFO on a *A Partner reward, do Swiss usually present upgrade options at check-in or at the airport and what has typicallybeen the upsell price?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ort-swiss.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.