First / Biz to YUL / YYZ

Old Mar 31, 16, 5:30 am
Original Poster

First / Biz to YUL / YYZ

Hi all

I'm planning a trip to YYZ or YUL and back via ZRH. Basically I can fly to YYZ and back from YUL or viceversa.

I will fly with my father and I can choose between outbound First inbound Biz or both in Biz. Of course the second option is the cheapest one.

I never tried the First class (in this case it will be operated by LX) and I don't know if the price difference (for 2 people +2000 chf) makes sense or not. I know Biz class is a great product but for my father it could be nice to try the First class once in a life.
Departing from MXP but living in LUG does not allow the limo transfer (Swiss offers this service only inside the same nation) so this is another "perk" I will not get.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old Mar 31, 16, 5:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flight time to the East Coast is too short to enjoy F.
Old Mar 31, 16, 5:53 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gbchenry View Post
Departing from MXP but living in LUG does not allow the limo transfer (Swiss offers this service only inside the same nation) so this is another "perk" I will not get.
What limo transfer?
Old Mar 31, 16, 8:07 pm

Only you can judge whether the price difference is worth it but the difference in the experience between C and F, on an airline like Swiss (or Lufthansa), especially when going from their home base, is significant.

To Oliver's point--this is a personal preference but I fly with LH to (and from) the east coast (NY) and find it totally worth it in F. Would LAX or SFO be more "fun"? Sure.

I would add, perhaps most importantly, that if this is a once in a lifetime experience with your father you should do it. You will remember it fondly in the future when no money can replicate that experience again.
Old Mar 31, 16, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
For +CHF1000 per head, for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I'd probably do it.

As others have said, the ZRH-YUL flight is the shortest transatlantic flight and Business Class is definitely perfectly acceptable. Nobody "needs" F, especially not on a flight this lenght.

But if you have never experienced the luxury and pampering of International First Class, including the new ZRH lounges (and possibly the new B777, which I think operates to YUL on a few days this spring) it could be a worthwhile treat. Especially if your father pays.
Old Apr 1, 16, 1:51 am

Once-in-a-lifetime-experience? Go for it !
Take an early flight out of MXP, enjoy the new FCL E and get spoiled in F on the flight to YUL.
Old Apr 2, 16, 8:06 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Flight time to the East Coast is too short to enjoy F.
Hmmmm

Not so sure I agree with this if you are flying westbound -- eastbound back to ZRH I would agree -- I thoroughly enjoyed my flight from ZRH to JFK including most of the wine menu
Old Apr 5, 16, 10:38 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
My biggest regret after flying YUL-ZRH in F was that YUL was so darned close to ZRH!
Old Apr 5, 16, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC
Swiss will be flying the 77W until August 31st into YUL.

If it's a once in a lifetime, then go for it, chances are you and your father will be the only ones in F on such a short transatlantic flight. Swiss' loads into YUL are always 100% in Y, but not so good when it comes to F unfortunately.
Old Apr 6, 16, 8:42 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Originally Posted by alexdelzotto View Post
Swiss will be flying the 77W until August 31st into YUL.

If it's a once in a lifetime, then go for it, chances are you and your father will be the only ones in F on such a short transatlantic flight. Swiss' loads into YUL are always 100% in Y, but not so good when it comes to F unfortunately.
Since I'm flying C/J YUL-ZRH tomorrow, are my chances of being bumped into F 0.0000% or 0.00001% ?

Edit: I just checked loads and there's 0.0000% of a chance.
Old Apr 7, 16, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I flew ZRH-YUL on the new 777 a week ago in J and it was so fantastic. The J section was 1/2 full. F was totally empty so I went and took a peek. It looked incredible, the TV monitor at the seat was HUGE I think I read its the biggest of any plane, its a 32" LCD TV I believe. The seats looked noticeably roomier than my J seat too

I mean J was great enough but I would probably go for it, INTL F is always a great experience
Old Apr 9, 16, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by whitethunder View Post
I flew ZRH-YUL on the new 777 a week ago in J and it was so fantastic. The J section was 1/2 full. F was totally empty so I went and took a peek. It looked incredible, the TV monitor at the seat was HUGE I think I read its the biggest of any plane, its a 32" LCD TV I believe. The seats looked noticeably roomier than my J seat too

I mean J was great enough but I would probably go for it, INTL F is always a great experience
What is a better seat in J cabin: 7a or 5k?
Old Apr 12, 16, 3:27 pm

Programs: LX/LH SENATOR AF/KL FLYING BLUE GOLD
I would do (if feasible) both way to/from YUL and skip YYZ.

I made 3 flights already with the 777 in within Europe in J and the plane is fantastic, especially first class (had a special short visit conducted by a MdC who was nice enough to show me)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: