FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   ZRHBKK LX180 Broken Screen in C (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1731485-zrhbkk-lx180-broken-screen-c.html)

mat_bkk Dec 13, 2015 6:55 pm

ZRHBKK LX180 Broken Screen in C

Hi,

I have a friend who flew BKKZRH in C class and his screen was broken so he can't enjoy the inflight entertainement.
He contacted LX and they gave him a 80 Euros Voucher.
Do you think that it is fair ?

He has no status and hold a A3 basic card.

Mat

benji2227 Dec 14, 2015 7:47 am

Did he inform the flight ettendants about this?

If and only if yes, they should have given him another seat, or upgraded him to First.

If no solution was found, it is a joke of a compensation !!

mat_bkk Dec 14, 2015 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by benji2227 (Post 25861277)

Yes he did

If and only if yes, they should have given him another seat, or upgraded him to First.

The C class was full they did not propose the F upgrade. He was travelling with his wife that is maybe why.

What shall he ask for ?

YuropFlyer Dec 15, 2015 4:54 am

Broken screen in past gave me (obviously when contacting crew onboard and no solution could have been found, like here) 10-15k miles&more miles. Which are worth (roughly) 150-200€, but that was as SEN.

Your friend holds no status, so that certainly doesn't help. I'd say it's quite cheap from LX to offer so little, especially as a voucher worth only 80€ is in fact not useful very much (Often I can't book flight combinations I need on LX's website, or they're more expensive there than with an OTA..) - but then I don't expect anything more from Europe's leading boutique LCC ;)

benji2227 Dec 15, 2015 8:09 am

When I think that I got 10K miles at BA for disgusting food in Y, 80€ voucher for a non functioning IFE in C is an absolute disgrace.
But I don't know if there is much to do about it....

Miles Collector Dec 15, 2015 10:05 am

As it happens I also complained that my screen freezing twice, which then had to be restarted during the exact same flight (LX180/LX181). I also included some other complaints about the desolate condition of the plane (for example no running water in the bathrooms!).

I chose the cheapest available flight in Y and still got 100 Swiss francs in compensation. No status either. I am happy with the compensation I received, but I don't think I would be happy in your friend's case.

To be honest, I don't think they even fully read my complaint, as it seems that I just received a standard e-mail reply.

blueeagle3 Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am

Similar Question here: Tried Y+ with LH last Week, FRA-JFK. My IFE was broken from the Start, they rebooted 4 Times but did not work a single second. I was told to "sit in BIZ for one Movie and return to my Seat after that right away" or "read something".

I did not take the offer, as I was travelling with my older Mom and did not think it wise to leave her alone.

Nothing else was offered.

So, long Story short: What - and how/where might I ask for by LH?

If interesting: Status FTL with LH

kasi Dec 15, 2015 2:30 pm

80 EUR more than you get in LH F. The Last Time I had this situation the pursor gave me the answer. You don't have to fly LH....

YuropFlyer Dec 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by kasi (Post 25869230)
80 EUR more than you get in LH F. The Last Time I had this situation the pursor gave me the answer. You don't have to fly LH....

That must be part of nonstop you :D

blueeagle3 Dec 17, 2015 8:45 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3 (Post 25867850)
Similar Question here: Tried Y+ with LH last Week, FRA-JFK. My IFE was broken from the Start, they rebooted 4 Times but did not work a single second. I was told to "sit in BIZ for one Movie and return to my Seat after that right away" or "read something".

I did not take the offer, as I was travelling with my older Mom and did not think it wise to leave her alone.

Nothing else was offered.

So, long Story short: What - and how/where might I ask for by LH?

If interesting: Status FTL with LH

Update: Still no Reply by LH - what would you do in my Situation?

weero Dec 19, 2015 12:03 am

Perhaps to add insult to injury ... what was the voucher for :eek: ?

I'd be livid if the IFE doesn't work. A flight is barely survivable without an operational IFE (unless WiFi and power works, then who cares about the IFE?) ... well in C you could sleep and in F indulge in some gluttony ... but still.

CheckInPeach Dec 25, 2015 11:10 am

I was once in LX F where 50% of the plane did not have IFE. Was quite messy. Got 300 CHF voucher right on board as compensation. Was ok for me. A friend in C got 100. So more or less 80E. A biz or F flight you can survive without IFE IMHO.