Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
LX really needs to make their lounge access rules more consistence (and/or fully in line with their mother company)
That would make a lot of sense.

To the customer, it is just not clear why there are differences. For a while, there was no lounge use for SENs on arrival in LX SEN lounges but in LH SEN lounges (it is a published benefit), but both are called SEN lounges and both airlines have "Miles & More". AFAIK OS SEN lounges do not allow SEN on arrival to this day. This kind of inconsistency is just not good.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:57 am

Indeed OS still doesnt grant access to SEN on arrival. And the ONE time I needed it in GVA it was pain too (eventually was admitted..)

In ZRH you still need to explain it sometimes but it works fine overall (I know one LD close enough that she explained me personally that they were never properly teached on the arriving SEN rule.. most "learned" it though)
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Indeed OS still doesnt grant access to SEN on arrival. And the ONE time I needed it in GVA it was pain too (eventually was admitted..)

In ZRH you still need to explain it sometimes but it works fine overall (I know one LD close enough that she explained me personally that they were never properly teached on the arriving SEN rule.. most "learned" it though)
Seems to be the case that airline employees seem to learn more from mileage geeks rather than their training
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:49 am

Who is suppposed to understand that you get access to a LH/LX SEN lounge but not to an OS one: Same names, same frequent flyer program, same parent company etc. -- I think the LH Group has to get their act together here.

Concerning ZRH: The LD's computer system seems to have a more or less well-hidden option "incoming SEN". Have mentioned it to several LDs who did not know about it and eventually found it.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:29 pm

Can I get into the First Class Lounge?

In a few months I will be traveling the following all ticketed through United.
Departing flights
SEA – FRA – MUC all on Lufthansa Business Class
Returning flights
ZRH – SFO – SEA
ZRH to SFO In Swiss First Class and SFO – SEA in United First Class
This is a long thread to go through, so I apologize if this has already been answered but what can I expect if I try to get into the First Class lounge in ZRH? Will I be denied entry? Will they send me to another lounge?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by johnps
In a few months I will be traveling the following all ticketed through United.
Departing flights
SEA – FRA – MUC all on Lufthansa Business Class
No, you won't be able to access the Swiss First Class Lounge. Swiss First Class Lounges do only exist in Zurich, Geneva and New York JFK, at Chicago they have a First Class section (or should we consider that a separate lounge? Situation is similar to JFK). Thus, not flying to any of these airports you won't be able to access the Swiss FCL. On top of that, you are flying in Business Class. And you're ticketed on UA. So: no.

Returning flights
ZRH – SFO – SEA
This is a long thread to go through, so I apologize if this has already been answered but what can I expect if I try to get into the First Class lounge in ZRH? Will I be denied entry? Will they send me to another lounge?
There is a Swiss FCL in Zurich, but they won't let you in because your ticket is issued on UA paper. It's stupid and not very customer-friendly , but that's the way it is.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
LX's long practice as described in this thread is to deny access to pax holding a ticket for an LX operated flight with a UA flight number (codeshare).

There have been reports of successful access if your ticket is booked under the LX native flight number rather than a UA codeshare number (but also reports of rejection).

There was also a report in the UA forum that LX has loosened the policy recently but this is unconfirmed.

Please give it a try (good luck!) and report back to us.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
If you are ticketed on the LX flight number, NOT the UA codeshare - which may show on your boarding pass as ‘operated by LXxxx’ - you should be eligible for the first class lounge in Zurich.

Reports of people being turned away are when they have been ticketed on the UA codeshare, but their boarding pass reads ‘LXxxx’. In this case the lounge will check your ticket to see if it is the codeshare or not. Pure LX F = access to the lounge.

It is possible the lounge agent mistakes a pure LX ticket for the UA codeshare, but this should be something you can sort out with them. There is no restriction on entering the LX F lounge based solely on ticket stock.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

There is a Swiss FCL in Zurich, but they won't let you in because your ticket is issued on UA paper. It's stupid and not very customer-friendly , but that's the way it is.
I was uneasy about my UA ticket with an LX coded ZRH LAX flight. But I was assured by UA's European marketing panjandrum that it had all been sorted out: I'd be fine. And I was.

I can't believe they've slipped back again, so If you are on an LX flight with an LX flight number you should be welcomed to the lounge, regardless of the UA paper. If it's a UA flight number, even though you've fudged it to somehow to show LX on the boarding card, the lounge angels will know and set their rottweilers on you.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
No, I don't think that this is the way it is.

Ticket stock is immaterial, booked flight number matters. If your reservation is on LX38 ZRH-SFO, you will be admitted irrespective of your ticket number (016xxx or 724xxx). But if your reservation is for UA8xxx ZRH-SFO, operated by Swiss, you will not be admitted. @:-)

I have repeatedly, and without issue, accessed the ZRH F lounges using tickets issued on AC (014) ticket stock for LX flight numbers.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
No, I don't think that this is the way it is.

Ticket stock is immaterial, booked flight number matters. If your reservation is on LX38 ZRH-SFO, you will be admitted irrespective of your ticket number (016xxx or 724xxx). But if your reservation is for UA8xxx ZRH-SFO, operated by Swiss, you will not be admitted. @:-)

I have repeatedly, and without issue, accessed the ZRH F lounges using tickets issued on AC (014) ticket stock for LX flight numbers.
It sounds like I am out of luck as far as getting into the first class lounge at ZRH. I tried to insert an image of the United document but couldn't since I don't have 5 posts yet. Here is a text version of the UA info.
Fri., XXX. X, 2018 Zurich, CH (ZRH) to San Francisco, CA, US (SFO)
Depart:
1:10 p.m.
Fri., XXX. X, 2018
Zurich, CH (ZRH)

Arrive:
4:00 p.m.
Fri., XXX. X, 2018
San Francisco, CA, US (SFO)
Travel Time:
11 hr 50 mn

Flight distance:
5,841 m/9,400 km
Flight:UA9728
Operated By Swiss International Air Lines
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Fare Class: First (A)
Meal: None
No Special Meal Offered.This was all booked on the UA website and the flight number says UA. I will try to get into the lounge and if denied entry I'll have my wife shed a few tears and be on our way to whatever lounge will accept us where I'll compose a nice letter of complaint to United. I had worse travel experiences than being denied entry to a lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
It sounds like I am out of luck as far as getting into the first class lounge at ZRH. I tried to insert an image of the United document but couldn't since I don't have 5 posts yet. Here is a text version of the UA info.
Fri., XXX. X, 2018 Zurich, CH (ZRH) to San Francisco, CA, US (SFO)
Depart:
1:10 p.m.
Fri., XXX. X, 2018
Zurich, CH (ZRH)

Arrive:
4:00 p.m.
Fri., XXX. X, 2018
San Francisco, CA, US (SFO)
Travel Time:
11 hr 50 mn

Flight distance:
5,841 m/9,400 km
Flight:UA9728
Operated By Swiss International Air Lines
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Fare Class: First (A)
Meal: None
No Special Meal Offered.This was all booked on the UA website and the flight number says UA. I will try to get into the lounge and if denied entry I'll have my wife shed a few tears and be on our way to whatever lounge will accept us where I'll compose a nice letter of complaint to United. I had worse travel experiences than being denied entry to a lounge.
Unfortunately this is outside the eligibility requirements. You are a United First customer flying on a Swiss plane. Not a Swiss First customer (or so Swiss sees it).

Thankfully the Senator lounge is pretty good in the E gates. Equal to many other F lounges.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Thankfully the Senator lounge is pretty good in the E gates. Equal to many other F lounges.

It's not quite a F lounge in the LH-group sense of the designation, only in the *A sense. But the whisky bar in the Sen lounge and, on a nice day, the outdoor terrace offer some consolation.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh yes, I got the chance to check that whisky bar out the other evening and it is impressive. I could see bottles that were distilled in distilleries that I played beside when I was a child and another from where my grandfather fished enormous salmon out of the river Deveron. The whisky expert barman knew far more about it all than I did.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:47 pm

A few weeks ago UA ticket stock 016 round-trip.
UA9728 ZRH-SFO

Return
LX39 SFO-ZRH
LX644 ZRH-CDG

Try again. I don't know if I got lucky but warmly welcomed prior to departure of UA9728 on UA stock and on return too including a lovely nap room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.