Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by adpucci

There was nobody to meet me at the gate...

... that there had been nobody to meet me DESPITE the remote stand.
Confusing...

As your outbound out of ZRH was delayed by 25 min., you had 50 min. to go to your gate - more than enough time!

BTW, I never experienced any problems with the limo service.
Was picked up at gate A84 recently and driven to apron position when my connection time dropped down to 20 min.
While in the limo I checked the airport website and it showed a 15 min. delay for my outbound as they were waiting for connection passengers.
Excellent HON service as usual.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Dec 22, 2015 at 10:06 am
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Originally Posted by Anglicum
What you did Ian UK was brilliant it showed Swiss how ridiculous they where behaving and ask for the responses from Adam 1222 and tantrums he must have run out of rattles to throw out the pram thanks for posting this post it's been a joy to read
Thank you, Anglicum, for understanding my motive.

I had no idea reason to believe that being treated as a second-class first-class passenger on the ground did not presage the same treatment in the air. If the airline treats code-share partners' passengers shabbily on the ground, who's to say how they'll be treated further en route?

Indeed, SWISS service is for SWISS passengers, as one of ground-maidens said.

OK, i'm playing innocent: I was essentially extending SWISS policy ad absurdam. I wanted to make cabin crew, among others, aware of how the absurd lounge policy undermines their exemplary onboard service.

As a reaction to being thrown out of a lounge, my on-board picnic seems tame and teddy-bearish in comparison to the high-octane, desk-thumping rants the lounge guardians are subject to.

Revenge (the motive invoked by our friend) is a puzzling notion. Certainly something best left to others, not my thing at all.
Revenge was the term used to describe what you did in the FT newsletter which was sent out today, which has led to the resuscitation of a dead horse.

And let's be honest, you really did not think they would serve you as a "second class" passenger and not give you food on board. You were trying to be a jerk and "make a point", alas to people who had no influence over the policy at issue. You've admitted that. You wanted to make flight crew aware of the lounge policy? There are ways of doing this without putting on a show.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:27 pm

Good for you Ian

I travel to Switzerland quite a lot and encounter this type of pedantry and begrudgery in nearly every aspect of Swiss life that a businessman or tourist would have contact with...No more so than SBB, (national train operator). If anyone thinks routing or ticketing on aeroplanes is complicated have a look at the complexity of getting from say ZRH to Zermatt then onto St Moritz and back via GVA on SBB. Half fare travelcard? Swiss flexi pass? ..answer on a postcard please!

It doesn't surprise me that the rule book superceded common sense at ZRH and I'm glad you took the matter up with the relevant departments when you got home.

Adam are you Swiss by any chance?
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Revenge was the term used to describe what you did in the FT newsletter which was sent out today, which has led to the resuscitation of a dead horse.

And let's be honest, you really did not think they would serve you as a "second class" passenger and not give you food on board. You were trying to be a jerk and "make a point", alas to people who had no influence over the policy at issue. You've admitted that. You wanted to make flight crew aware of the lounge policy? There are ways of doing this without putting on a show.
I have no idea why you insist on being rude. Indeed, I have no idea why you continue digging a hole. Still, there we are.

Of course I knew i'd get on-board catering - duh ! But I wanted to have some fun.
And I did have fun, thank you very much.

The MdC was mortified to hear the treatment her passengers receive and wrote a report (to whom I have no idea) referring to my inexplicable treatment (her words, not mine) at the airport. We parted with a kiss:kiss - so i'm guessing my behaviour didn't traumatise her.

A grandly titled manager of lounges agreed to meet me at ZRH in the foyer of the F lounge. We had a civilised but guarded chat in which it became clear they have pleaded with whoever cobbles together SWISS policy to rescind the SWISS only rule. The lounge guardians really don't get any sort of kick from turning people away, and they have to put up with serious verbal abuse on a daily basis: if they let an interloper through, they are in trouble. Not happy people.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Peadar
I travel to Switzerland quite a lot and encounter this type of pedantry and begrudgery in nearly every aspect of Swiss life that a businessman or tourist would have contact with...No more so than SBB, (national train operator). ...
I quite like this differentness of Switzerland. OK, it's less charming when you are on the wrong side of tut-tutting, a ban on washing machine use after dark, the "computer says no" attitude.

Two lovely old ladies were prepared to beat me off when i tried to put my bag in the (empty) locker above their seats on a SWISS flight: i withdrew.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Dec 22, 2015 at 4:01 pm
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:01 pm

See their CoC:

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/terms-co...age/article-11

I should also note that there are possibly violations of tax law, particularly if the tantrum thrower asked to be served the wine prior to takeoff.
Sorry Adam, I think Ian handled this in a really clever way to highlight a really stupid policy.

The point was made with a touch of humour and without getting angry or petulant. Nice work Ian.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:28 pm

Isn't about time you stop answering? You, yourself wrote a few posts back that grown-ups know when they should walk away. You should have realized by now that you're not likely to convince IAN-UK that he's done something silly (yes, and not obtuse, which indeed is rude. Just check the definition of the word). Please, let it go...
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:39 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I hope they will still allow arriving LX F connecting to euro-C into ZRH FCL A

I had to shift my traveldates from SIN to AMS and only LX was available. Will report anything newsworthy.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
I hope they will still allow arriving LX F connecting to euro-C into ZRH FCL A

I had to shift my traveldates from SIN to AMS and only LX was available. Will report anything newsworthy.
Why wouldn't they?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by adpucci
ah yes, the LX F lounge and their limo.

As a F pax, you do get limo service:
if you are at a remote stand for EU flights; OR
if you are travelling from ZRH to GVA; OR
if you are travelling on a flight from E gates; OR
if the connecting time between any flights is reduced to less than 30 minutes due to inbound flight delays in ZRH.

but only if they feel like it.

I arrived in ZRH late, was travelling onward to the UK (from a remote stand), my connecting time was 25 minutes. this makes 2 out of the above.

There was nobody to meet me at the gate, so I walked quickly towards gates B/D (non-Schengen). I saw on the boards that my flight to MAN was, in fact, delayed 25 minutes therefore I had a little time (reducing things to 1 of the above, I suppose).

Since I needed to use the restroom and I was walking past the F lounge, I walked in to use it.

I was positively SHOUTED AT by the woman at reception when I asked her why there had been no limo, she said that they had no drivers available but now, since the flight was at a remote stand and I was in there, they needed to drive me there.

I left her to arrange the car, used the restroom, took a note of her name and made a bitter complaint about her manners - as well as about the fact that there had been nobody to meet me DESPITE the remote stand.

I think I am still waiting to hear back from LX. This is about a year later.

hmph.

That was the last time I booked a F flight with LX by the way. Sod 'em.
Apparently German efficiency from the Lufthansa Group doesn't follow thru to Swiss. The fact that they a) They didn't get a car for you, b) The manners of the lounge dragon and c) You still haven't received a reply from them a year later amazes me.

This thread makes avoid LX.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:48 am

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

He got what he was entitled to: the limo from FCL to apron for his outbound.
Just read MichielR's post again. And mine too.

Never experienced rude staff at FCL.
Probably again a case of "Wie man in den Wald hinein ruft,..."
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
There seem to be a lot of people who only want to criticize a poster who tells a tale. Adam 1222 fills that bill here. Why not offer constructive remarks, if you have any?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Why wouldn't they?

Could be that they decide to only allow departing F-pax to use FCL A\E with the opening of the new FCL E to reduce congestion and to cut costs.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetzLUX

Why wouldn't they?

Could be that they decide to only allow departing F-pax to use FCL A\E with the opening of the new FCL E to reduce congestion and to cut costs.
But that is only speculation...

With now 2 FCL I do not think there will be much congestion as we used to see at certain hours in FCL A.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
No problems on 1/1/16 using LX First lounge at ZRH UA award tik C class on LH from ZRH-FRA then same day connection in F on LH from FRA-SIN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.