Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 5:53 am
jk2

I booked IAD-FRA-ZRH-FCO via Miles-and-More in First (first leg is a First class on LH, others - european business, since there is no FC). I understand I can access LH First class lounge in FRA. What about ZRH? Can I access Swiss First class lounge? Technically, I have same day first-class ticket (arriving in FRA).
Old May 8, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by jk2
I booked IAD-FRA-ZRH-FCO via Miles-and-More in First (first leg is a First class on LH, others - european business, since there is no FC). I understand I can access LH First class lounge in FRA. What about ZRH? Can I access Swiss First class lounge? Technically, I have same day first-class ticket (arriving in FRA).
Apparently there is an internal policy with LX, again not published that LH/LX F pax can only use the F lounge at their first port of arrival. But they seem to let people in based on one time exceptions...
sushimaru likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:44 am

Two days ago, a dragon at A Lounge informed me that, even if I had an arriving LH F boarding pass on the same day, I'll be eligible to use the F lounge in ZRH. I was actually a departure passenger on the same day LH F but when I presented her the boarding pass she thought I was on arrival connecting to another city via ZRH, and I've added "I thought the arriving LH F pax would not gain an access here (due to being the 2nd arrival port)?" and she said "that's not a problem, you'll still be eligible" the other way round.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Two days ago, a dragon at A Lounge informed me that, even if I had an arriving LH F boarding pass on the same day, I'll be eligible to use the F lounge in ZRH. I was actually a departure passenger on the same day LH F but when I presented her the boarding pass she thought I was on arrival connecting to another city via ZRH, and I've added "I thought the arriving LH F pax would not gain an access here (due to being the 2nd arrival port)?" and she said "that's not a problem, you'll still be eligible" the other way round.
2nd port means in Switzerland. You have always been able to use the FCLs in both ZRH and FRA on itineraries like overseas-FRA-ZRH. If you, however, fly overseas-FRA-GVA-ZRH, there have been reports of travelers who were denied access to the FCL in ZRH.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

Unfortunately this is outside the eligibility requirements. You are a United First customer flying on a Swiss plane. Not a Swiss First customer (or so Swiss sees it).

Thankfully the Senator lounge is pretty good in the E gates. Equal to many other F lounges.
Just an update. Yesterday I flew from ZRH to SEA via SFO on Swiss First Class then United First from SFO to SEA. Tickets were issued by United with United flight numbers. I had absolutly no problem getting into the First Class lounge at ZRH. No questions asked and the service was outstanding. The issues I had was trying to get into the United Club in SFO. I was denied entry into the United Club in SFO even though the tickets were issued by United and it was a connecting international flight. I was told that since my flight originated on Swiss I could not use the lounge on a connecting flight.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by johnps
Just an update. Yesterday I flew from ZRH to SEA via SFO on Swiss First Class then United First from SFO to SEA. Tickets were issued by United with United flight numbers. I had absolutly no problem getting into the First Class lounge at ZRH. No questions asked and the service was outstanding. The issues I had was trying to get into the United Club in SFO. I was denied entry into the United Club in SFO even though the tickets were issued by United and it was a connecting international flight. I was told that since my flight originated on Swiss I could not use the lounge on a connecting flight.
The plot thickens...
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by mmff
The plot thickens...
I thought UA stopped selling F and A class on its transatlantic routes (their own metal as well as codeshares).
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by daniellam
I thought UA stopped selling F and A class on its transatlantic routes (their own metal as well as codeshares).
If that’s the case it may have been issued as an LX flight number? That would explain entry to the Fcl lounge and refusal in transit.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
But wouldn't that refusal to the UA lounge have happened anyway? A domestic First Class ticket does not give access to the UA lounge, only one with an international departure does. This was an international arrival. The only thing that would have gotten this passenger into the lounge would have been a non-UA Star Alliance Gold card or a UA Club membership.

Or do I get something wrong?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
But wouldn't that refusal to the UA lounge have happened anyway? A domestic First Class ticket does not give access to the UA lounge, only one with an international departure does. This was an international arrival. The only thing that would have gotten this passenger into the lounge would have been a non-UA Star Alliance Gold card or a UA Club membership.

Or do I get something wrong?
On UA flights, UA gives lounge access on connections before and after an international sector: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx

If the international sector isn’t a UA flight then usual Star Alliance rules apply.

Looking at the wording on the UA page I don’t think codeshares count...’a boarding pass for travel in United Polaris <first/business>’ seems to indicate to me that UA are interested in the operating carrier and not the code being used.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
This is correct. Incoming intercontinental arrivals on UA metal in Polaris Business/First can access Polaris Lounges or UA Clubs in transit before a domestic UA flight.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Glad to hear this. I had a conversation in Zurich with the UA station manager and it sounded like there were some glitches (albeit long-term) that they wanted to resolve so that access would continue. It seems that maybe this has finally been resolved.
mrow and vantage03 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:54 am

Reading the fine print on this it looks like one can only access the lounge at the departing airport.
A boarding pass for travel in first class on a Star Alliance member airline
Customers may only access a United Club location at the departure airport for their first class flight.
I was told by the United Club agent that if I had United Primier Gold status I could get into the lounge. I am currently Primier Silver but this flight will bump me into Primier Gold.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Reading the fine print on this it looks like one can only access the lounge at the departing airport.
A boarding pass for travel in first class on a Star Alliance member airline
Customers may only access a United Club location at the departure airport for their first class flight.
I was told by the United Club agent that if I had United Primier Gold status I could get into the lounge. I am currently Primier Silver but this flight will bump me into Primier Gold.
Ordinarily, yes. But there is an exception. If you arrive international United business (and previously, United Global First as well), you were granted longe access at the connecting USA city prior to any domestic flights. You just showed both both boarding passes.

So so if that was refused in this case, what was the basis? You say you were ticketed on an incoming UA F ticket? Not LX. So the agent should have allowed access.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Lightbulb

Those of you who were denied access to the ZRH LX F lounge for having their tickets issued on UA codeshare flight numbers should consider posting to the following thread:

Fond and sad farewell to United International First Class - post your fond memories!

Hopefully UA dosen't sell any more F tickets on codeshares operated on LX metal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.