Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WK - you need to be (at least) a FTalker to understand their inconsistencies

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Dear SWISS Lurker - WK - you need to be a FTalker to understand their inconsistencies

WK has a nice soft product in short haul business class, with the same seating arrangement as LX, but in blue. Inflight service is cheerful and the food offering is superior to LX. Instead of the packed red chocolate you get delicious "Läderach" pralinés and at the end a "Biberli". A really nice boutique product for a charter airline.

But confusion and inconsistencies start when in good faith you book on the LX website such a flight with a LX flight number also being printed on the ticket.

You will not get status, but only bonus miles being a M&M member and I wonder what *alliance card holders might get. This is indicated in the very small print.

Regarding lounge access at least in ZRH I was admitted in the SEN lounge being booked in booking class P. Here again, I wonder what would happen if traveling coach or being *gold.

The two above points open all doors for unhappy customers and should be addressed by clearly indicating the points on the ticket.

The worse - and yes, I am disappointed - was the experience in EDI. After queuing for 35 minutes at the two open check in desks , I queued again at security (no fast track provided) and was then happily left with little time as no lounge access was granted either . Why WK does not use the smooth LH operations at that airport for check in, security and lounge ? To the credit of the Swissport station staff: They were fast and friendly and at least managed an orderly priority boarding.

And no, Dear Nick, this is not a complaint, but just a remark to help improve what could be a great product.

Last edited by behuman; Jul 9, 2015 at 6:43 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
WK is a charter airline that happens to be owned by LX/LH, I don't see why they should grant anything to *A. Evidently they don't fancy the cost of using the LH Group groundhandling agent in EDI, so swissport it is.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by oliver2002
WK is a charter airline that happens to be owned by LX/LH, I don't see why they should grant anything to *A. Evidently they don't fancy the cost of using the LH Group groundhandling agent in EDI, so swissport it is.
Of course you are right, bud sadly I was traveling on a LX flight number with an LX tickets. So LX should just stop that code sharing nonsense. Then we will all know where we are. Flying WK with a WK ticket - nothing to do with LX or *alliance.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:27 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I often fly WK to/from ZRH-PMI (Palme da Mallora), be it on LX or (rarely) Wk tickets in eco. My LX SEN status always grants me (and 1 companion) SEN-lunge access in ZRH, and 'VIP'-security-gate and contracted lounge access at PMI. With LX tickets I get the +25% mileage credits too, not so when on WK tickets.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rudi
I often fly WK to/from ZRH-PMI (Palme da Mallora), be it on LX or (rarely) Wk tickets in eco. My LX SEN status always grants me (and 1 companion) SEN-lunge access in ZRH, and 'VIP'-security-gate and contracted lounge access at PMI. With LX tickets I get the +25% mileage credits too, not so when on WK tickets.
Weird Dear Rudy. I flew ZRH - EDI and back on WK metal with a LX ticket showing LX 8310/11 and did neither get status miles nor executive bonus . Also in EDI there is no LH lounge, as LH uses a contract lounge for its passengers there which does not bear a *alliance gold sign. This contract lounge was not accessible to me on this flight.

I think Nick should look into that matter.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by behuman
... Also in EDI there is no LH lounge
when flying WK as a SEN (be it on an LX or a WK flight number) regarding lounge access only LX (not 'mother' LH) lounge access rules apply. LX does not have any lounges at EDI (Edinburgh), contra to LH (who offers a contracted lounge).

Regarding status bonus: only LX-status (SEN) holders (not LH SEN status holders) get status bonus miles when flying WK-metal with LX flight numbers. WK is a swiss daughter and not a StarAlliance member, and only 'indirect' a LH 'grand-daughter').
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

when flying WK as a SEN (be it on an LX or a WK flight number) regarding lounge access only LX (not 'mother' LH) lounge access rules apply. LX does not have any lounges at EDI (Edinburgh), contra to LH (who offers a contracted lounge).

Regarding status bonus: only LX-status (SEN) holders (not LH SEN status holders) get status bonus miles when flying WK-metal with LX flight numbers. WK is a swiss daughter and not a StarAlliance member, and only 'indirect' a LH 'grand-daughter').
Means LX has a contracted lounge at PMI.

Interesting your statement regarding LX SEN versus LH SEN - I thought there is no difference in between. BTW: I am LX SEN and didn't get neither status nor executive bonus (25 %) miles for my LX numbered flight on WK metal.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:17 am
Original Member

Means LX has a contracted lounge at PMI
Sala Formentor, Departure Zone D
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:22 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Weird Dear Rudy. I flew ZRH - EDI and back on WK metal with a LX ticket showing LX 8310/11 and did neither get status miles nor executive bonus . Also in EDI there is no LH lounge, as LH uses a contract lounge for its passengers there which does not bear a *alliance gold sign. This contract lounge was not accessible to me on this flight.

I think Nick should look into that matter.
Dear behuman,

I will have a look into it and try to gather some more information. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Dear Rudy, another question: Are you flying to PMI with LX 5150/4/6 or LX 8246 (WK metal). In the second case you certainly should get only bonus miles. https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=de&cid=18003 Even being what you call a LX SEN .
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:57 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Exactly the same thing that happend to me on many occasional flights. I just complelety stopped flying WK codeshare flights because of that. Just take another airline. LX will start to understand once we "vote with our feet", as Swiss people say.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbr
Exactly the same thing that happend to me on many occasional flights. I just complelety stopped flying WK codeshare flights because of that. Just take another airline. LX will start to understand once we "vote with our feet", as Swiss people say.
It is clear in the smallprint of M&M and not getting status miles is not a big deal, BUT the bad ground experience in EDI is obviously not what should be experienced by a LX business class customer. This said: WK has an excellent inflight product and I will not "vote with my feet" .
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:00 am
Original Member

Dear Rudy, another question: Are you flying to PMI with LX 5150/4/6 or LX 8246 (WK metal). In the second case you certainly should get only bonus miles. https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=de&cid=18003 Even being what you call a LX SEN .
Well, I don't know about status miles credited anymore now, as a lifetime
SEN status miles are of no special interest for my these days, sorry.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Of course you are right, bud sadly I was traveling on a LX flight number with an LX tickets. So LX should just stop that code sharing nonsense. Then we will all know where we are. Flying WK with a WK ticket - nothing to do with LX or *alliance.
^ ^ ^
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:58 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
WK has a nice soft product in short haul business class, with the same seating arrangement as LX, but in blue. Inflight service is cheerful and the food offering is superior to LX. Instead of the packed red chocolate you get delicious "Läderach" pralinés and at the end a "Biberli". A really nice boutique product for a charter airline.

But confusion and inconsistencies start when in good faith you book on the LX website such a flight with a LX flight number also being printed on the ticket.

You will not get status, but only bonus miles being a M&M member and I wonder what *alliance card holders might get. This is indicated in the very small print.

Regarding lounge access at least in ZRH I was admitted in the SEN lounge being booked in booking class P. Here again, I wonder what would happen if traveling coach or being *gold.

The two above points open all doors for unhappy customers and should be addressed by clearly indicating the points on the ticket.

The worse - and yes, I am disappointed - was the experience in EDI. After queuing for 35 minutes at the two open check in desks , I queued again at security (no fast track provided) and was then happily left with little time as no lounge access was granted either . Why WK does not use the smooth LH operations at that airport for check in, security and lounge ? To the credit of the Swissport station staff: They were fast and friendly and at least managed an orderly priority boarding.

And no, Dear Nick, this is not a complaint, but just a remark to help improve what could be a great product.
Dear behuman,

I have received feedback from my colleagues regarding status benefits and mileage credits on WK flights.

Generally, there is no lounge access or priority check-in. In Zurich, however, there is a goodwill policy in place of granting lounge access as well as priority check-in.

Customers flying on LX8000-LX8499 only receive bonus miles. Status Miles, HON Circle Miles and Executive Bonus do not apply on these LX codeshare flights.

On LX8500-LX8969 flights, customers do receive Status Miles, HON Circle Miles and Executive Bonus as these flights are LX wetlease flights operated by WK.

I hope this helps.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.