Wiki Posts
Search

LX First check-in area moved to arrivals levels as of immediately

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
LX First check-in area moved to arrivals levels as of immediately

Got an email that as of immediately they have relocated the First „Island“ to the arrivals level because of “renovation” work. This comes completely out of the blue, i suppose they have some issue (burst pipe, unexpected construction activity in adjacent area, ...) so that they had to move at short notice.

The he email from LX also mentions that one can check luggage at the reception of the new A First lounge. Didn’t know they’d accept luggage there.
zara likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Very good to know, thank you for the heads up.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The e-mail in full:

Dear HON Circle Member

We would like to draw your attention to the immediate change of the SWISS First Class Check-in Lounge facility at Zurich Airport Terminal A due to renovation.

You will find the interim First Class Check-in Lounge on the lower floor (arrival hall 1) just opposite the Switzerland Tourist information desk. The renovation should be completed by the end of 2018.

You can check-in your luggage at the following three touch points:

- regular First Class / Senator Check-in 1
- at the entrance to the new First Class Lounge Terminal A
- at the interim First Class Check-in Lounge on the lower floor (arrival hall 1) just opposite the Switzerland Tourist information desk

In addition we would like to inform you, that departure level parking conditions remain unchanged. However, the parking on the arrival level remains chargeable.

We sincerely apologize for this short notice and any inconvenience this might cause you.

Your

SWISS Core Customer Care Team
Source
vantage03 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
So now I need to decide whether to try checking at the new lounge or the arrivals area next week... doing it at the lounge makes me nervous lol
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:50 am

Considering how "knowledgeable" the agents at the FCL lounge entrance were so far, my personal suggestion would be not to check in there.

Probably easiest (both by arrival by public transport or car) is to use the regular SEN/First checkin on departure level. Or when arriving by train (not when by tram/bus - almost quicker to move over to Terminal1 from there rather than to go down) to use the T3 facilities IF there is no queue at the Business check in counters (easy to spot when coming up the escalators).
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: LX SEN
The new First/HON check-in lounge is now open again. It was completely rebuilt in the new LX design. Looks nice to me. However, a bit open enough towards the business check in zone. Maybe they add some curtains like in the A FCL.

They currently also install two small waiting lounges for the public on the other end of the T1 check in area close to starbucks. Looks nice too
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:38 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by alinghi90
The new First/HON check-in lounge is now open again. It was completely rebuilt in the new LX design. Looks nice to me. However, a bit open enough towards the business check in zone. Maybe they add some curtains like in the A FCL.

They currently also install two small waiting lounges for the public on the other end of the T1 check in area close to starbucks. Looks nice too
Does somebody have any pictures?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.