SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade)

Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Miles&More ; A3*G
Originally Posted by airoli
says the website so the agent responding to your query was correct.
Ooops! It seems as I missed those 2 lines
Thanks.

Probably I was misled by the lines above those you pointed:
"Requirements:
SWISS Upgrade Bargain is currently available on all SWISS long-haul flights...."

Interesting to notice that, apparently, between ZRH and GRU it is not possible to bid (at least... I have 3 legs on the next months and none of them is clearly eligible )
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Does this also apply to edelweiss operated flight? I have a flight from ZRH to YVR that I would love to upgrade.

Cheers!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by sluis
Does this also apply to edelweiss operated flight? I have a flight from ZRH to YVR that I would love to upgrade.

Cheers!
I really do not know, sorry.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Giamasetti
"Requirements:
SWISS Upgrade Bargain is currently available on all SWISS long-haul flights...."
I interpret this as "no route is excluded", but it does not mean that "every single flight is eligible". I imagine that a lot of routes have seasonal variances in yield and load per cabin, and that LX activates the upgrade bid tool selectively when they feel their yield management for the C cabin could use a little boost.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Giamasetti
Ooops! It seems as I missed those 2 lines
Thanks.

"Requirements:

Interesting to notice that, apparently, between ZRH and GRU it is not possible to bid (at least... I have 3 legs on the next months and none of them is clearly eligible )
The route between ZRH and GRU is always very busy, with heavy loads and proof of it is that quite often there are op-ups. Very likely for this reason it is not eligible, as mentioned by airoli.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by more4less
...with heavy loads and proof of it is that quite often there are op-ups. Very likely for this reason it is not eligible, as mentioned by airoli.
Actually, the logic here does not hold.

If indeed there are often op-ups on ZRH-GRU, then this means that there was an overbooked Y cabin and open seats in C and F. This is precisely the situation in which an airline would want to leverage this bidding tool: Instead of giving out free op-ups, you now alleviate your overbooking situation by accepting "bids" from Y passengers to get them into C.

An airline will not offer the bidding tool if they are confident that they can sell out the front cabin at the regular C / F ticket prices.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:00 am

SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade)

My experience on the route ZRH-GRU-ZRH with Swiss is that I have never been upgraded (in 8/10 trips with FTL status with Miles&More and 4 trips as starGold). But I was upgraded, in the past, almost 50% of times while traveling MAD-GRU-MAD with Iberia and no status
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by airoli
Actually, the logic here does not hold.

If indeed there are often op-ups on ZRH-GRU, then this means that there was an overbooked Y cabin and open seats in C and F. This is precisely the situation in which an airline would want to leverage this bidding tool: Instead of giving out free op-ups, you now alleviate your overbooking situation by accepting "bids" from Y passengers to get them into C.

An airline will not offer the bidding tool if they are confident that they can sell out the front cabin at the regular C / F ticket prices.
According to the thread of op-ups in this forum, normally those are from C to F, and actually I was op-uped to F the last time I flew on this route(original class P or Z, cannot remember).
Of course this could be a consequence of previous op-ups from Y to C.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold
Has anyone had any successful bids? I was offered PEK-ZRH, 600CHF minimum bid (which was they deem a "poor" chance of success), 740CHF for a "fair" chance. I put in 750 and am wondering if I'm over or under?
Old May 26, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: Aegean Gold
FYI, my bid was accepted 4 days before takeoff
Old May 26, 2015, 1:05 am

PEK-ZRH is one of the routes where I've had the highest amount of OpUps in the past. Most possibly, that flight was massively oversold in Y (and usually not full in C from personal experience) - you most probably robbed a SEN (or FTL/*G) of an OpUp with your bid...
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: M&Bonus Gold, TK Elite, Alitalia Freccia Alata, TopBonus Gold
Bid

I just received this email too for my SIN-ZRH flight. Any successful bids from Forum members yet (other than BossB)? I bid 900 CHF...still in the poor category however, I have previously been upgraded via a phone call by their service centre for this exact same price...

Thanks

Last edited by theswisswolf; Jun 8, 2015 at 7:13 pm
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: M&Bonus Gold, TK Elite, Alitalia Freccia Alata, TopBonus Gold
Just to update: My bid of 900 CHF for a single leg from SING-ZRH was rejected....Shame but also shows, this is not a bargain or cheap way to get upgraded by any means!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: Miles & More
Just got an invitation to bid for a ZRH-SIN flight. Minimum is 850CHF which I don't really find very cheap and the site tells me it's a weak offer.
At 3100CHF the gauge shows "excellent" offer.

for about two weeks I am WL on a upgrade by miles and it feels like this is not valued as much as money.....

Where is the attention for a 10yr loyal SEN*Gold?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by rpitton

Where is the attention for a 10yr loyal SEN*Gold?
There are too many SEN/*G. Therefore SEN/*G is nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.