SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 7, 22, 6:30 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NYC1
Wiki Link
Please input your upgrade bids/successes/failures

format: route XXX-YYY, booked class X, bid or buy-up, price, success/failure

FROM ZRH

From Y to C

From C to F

TO ZRH

From Y to C

From C to F
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 4, 22, 12:10 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Looking for direct Plusgrade link

Hi. Please can someone post the direct link to Plusgrade upgrade page for Swiss? It was posted on here however that link doesn't work. Thanks
Old Feb 4, 22, 1:20 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by QTFLYER View Post
Hi. Please can someone post the direct link to Plusgrade upgrade page for Swiss? It was posted on here however that link doesn't work. Thanks
Master thread: SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade)

upgrade link: https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/...OaZpf6?lang=de
Old Feb 4, 22, 1:22 am
formerly a193991

i see, the LX Link does not load. LH seems to work. maybe/hopefullly a temporary issue
Old Feb 4, 22, 2:16 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Yes that link hasn't worked since it was originally posted. Can someone post an update please?
Old Feb 4, 22, 9:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
You have to pull up your reservation on swiss.com and look for the link: https://www.plusgrade.com/partner-ca...onal-air-lines
Old Feb 7, 22, 1:59 pm
formerly a193991

Delete
Old Feb 17, 22, 6:28 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
I have paid for my friend to upgrade to Swiss Business class on LX86 (ZRH-YUL) today via the bid that was accepted.

It was a birthday (70) gift slightly overdue.

Upon arrival, I was curious to hear his report about the Swiss Business Class Experience. And I was not disappointed to be told that he was delighted beyond belief.

Top notch A330, attractive cabin, and superior-quality crew with extra human touch.

Thank you SWISS!
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 18, 22, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Vaclav View Post
I have paid for my friend to upgrade to Swiss Business class on LX86 (ZRH-YUL) today via the bid that was accepted.

Upon arrival, I was curious to hear his report about the Swiss Business Class Experience. And I was not disappointed to be told that he was delighted beyond belief.

Top notch A330, attractive cabin, and superior-quality crew with extra human touch.

Thank you SWISS!
Thats a nice birthday gift and good to hear that he enjoyed it.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Feb 19, 22, 2:56 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Vaclav View Post

Thank you SWISS!
how nice of you.
we have done similarly and upgraded jointly traveling friends on points to business. Once in a lifetime experience for a 72 year old and his wife, who have never flown T/A nor to the US.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Feb 24, 22, 6:43 am

Programs: LXFF
taking my first long haul flight in two years today. LX 87 in C. I don't see a bid for First, just a flat rate upgrade fee, 1550$ CAD. Not to bad I guess, but its a short night flight so not really worth it if you ask me. ZRH is also my final stop. Plus I got 8A so I'm happy. Seems lots of couples are flying since all the single seats on the right in the main cabin are available.
Old Feb 24, 22, 10:17 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by ced_lx View Post
Seems lots of couples are flying since all the single seats on the right in the main cabin are available.
notice that as well. We are booked mid-June on LX41, so a 77W, in C in the Stbli, only the single seats in the C cabin are still available, all others sold. And this time is not peak travel season, so all the couples w/o kids are traveling, and, Swiss citizens at least, tend to pay more for travel after the pandemic. So C is the way to go…
Vaclav likes this.
Old Feb 24, 22, 7:41 pm

Maybe it’s all those 2 for 1 deals.
Old Apr 6, 22, 6:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I guess I already know what the answer will be, but I see that for my ZRH-SIN flight, I get make a bid as low as 1000 CHF from Business (P) to F. I am torn between placing this bid or using 85k M&M miles (due to the surcharge for P class).
I find the value for the 1000 CHF (I will most probably bid around 1000€ of 1100CHF) much better compared to miles if I do want to upgrade since with 111k I can also get a one-way in F to SIN (of course with surcharges). OTOH, I have quite a number of M&M miles sitting there for the last few years, so it could also be a good chance to use them before further devaluation.

Any opinion here?

Cheers!
Old Apr 6, 22, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
I guess I already know what the answer will be, but I see that for my ZRH-SIN flight, I get make a bid as low as 1000 CHF from Business (P) to F. I am torn between placing this bid or using 85k M&M miles (due to the surcharge for P class).
I find the value for the 1000 CHF (I will most probably bid around 1000 of 1100CHF) much better compared to miles if I do want to upgrade since with 111k I can also get a one-way in F to SIN (of course with surcharges). OTOH, I have quite a number of M&M miles sitting there for the last few years, so it could also be a good chance to use them before further devaluation.

Any opinion here?

Cheers!
If its between 1000 CHF or 85000 miles, Id go for the 1000 CHF (because I think you can get a lot more value out of 85000). If you have status and your miles dont expire, even more so.
Old Apr 6, 22, 7:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
Upgrading with miles is a bad idea in general, as you noticed you get more bang for the buck using them for awards straight away.
romans likes this.

Search this Thread